After Halo 4, No More Yearly Released Halo Games

Seriously, unless they are spin offs no more “one Halo game per year” crap, I want my copy of Halo 4 to be non outdated for a while, instead of being replaced by Halo 5 in a year.

I believe there was an interveiw or article where 343i said they were going to create games in between projects. Whether this means spin off’s or remakes I don’t know.

> I believe there was an interveiw or article where 343i said they were going to create games in between projects. Whether this means spin off’s or remakes I don’t know.

Yeah, I wouldnt mind a “Halo ODST 2” or a “Halo Wars 2” as long as Halo 4 remains the main multiplayer Halo game for a while

> > I believe there was an interveiw or article where 343i said they were going to create games in between projects. Whether this means spin off’s or remakes I don’t know.
>
> Yeah, I wouldnt mind a “Halo ODST 2” or a “Halo Wars 2” as long as Halo 4 remains the main multiplayer Halo game for a while

Eh, I’d perfer a squad based Halo giving you the story of a squad of marines. Fighting as ODST’s or a Spartan doesn’t truely show you the horror of fighting the covenant or whatever. It could be squad based, or similar to Battlefield (meaning large maps and lots of vehilces + large player counts.

Idk, I’d just perfer there isn’t another Halo Wars, but ODST was fun.

I agree, Halo 5 should come out three years after Halo 4. Fortunately, Frankie has said that he believes that 3 years is a good development time for a game. So don’t worry, we’ll get our three years to enjoy Halo 4.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’d love another ODST. :stuck_out_tongue:

This soooooo much! Please 343 take note.

Actually, I don’t mind if they release a game between Halo 4 and Halo 5, but please no game between Halo 5 and 6. Not only will it make all the haters scream ‘milked!’ but also it kills any real anticipation. If its been two years since the last Halo game, everyone is going to be mega hyped.

> > > I believe there was an interveiw or article where 343i said they were going to create games in between projects. Whether this means spin off’s or remakes I don’t know.
> >
> > Yeah, I wouldnt mind a “Halo ODST 2” or a “Halo Wars 2” as long as Halo 4 remains the main multiplayer Halo game for a while
>
> Eh, I’d perfer a squad based Halo giving you the story of a squad of marines. Fighting as ODST’s or a Spartan doesn’t truely show you the horror of fighting the covenant or whatever. It could be squad based, or similar to Battlefield (meaning large maps and lots of vehilces + large player counts.
>
> Idk, I’d just perfer there isn’t another Halo Wars, but ODST was fun.

Oh really…

I’d hate it if they gave us more spinoffs or remakes. Build Halo 4 to last for 3 years until Halo 5.

> I’d hate it if they gave us more spinoffs or remakes. Build Halo 4 to last for 3 years until Halo 5.

By spin offs I mean campaign/ single player, so people who played Campaign over over again have a new story to look at (like, what happened to the ODST squad the Rookie was in after the events of ODST?)

Halo: Reach took 3 Years in Development. They started to work on it after the release of Halo 3. They expected it to be released along the lines of 2010-2011 but because of the Microsoft Contract they had, they had to release 2 games within that timespin in order for the contract to be nullified.

They started work on Halo 3: ODST for at least a year during 2008-2009.

Rumour has it that 343 Industries has been working on Halo 4 since ODST’s release which would mean that so far 343 Industries would have had 2 Years of Pure Development for Halo 4. I can also conclude that creating Halo Anniversary would have taken at least a year to create so perhaps Sabre and Certain Affinity began their work after Halo: Reach’s release.

Halo 3: ODST came out on September 22nd 2009

Halo: Reach came out on September 14th 2010

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary came out on September 15th 2011

Halo 4 is expected to be released along the lines of the holiday season possibly September again.

I can see where you are coming from but this because of the inclusion that 343 Industries had begun working on their Halo Products as soon as the Bungie-Microsoft Contract was coming to its completion.

I think that the cycle of Mass-Producing Halo Games Yearly will end after Halo 4’s release. It is expected that we will return to the previous 3 Year Releases after Halo 4 is released but this all depends on how 343 Industries and Microsoft are willing to take the Halo Franchise.

I want a Halo: First Strike.

> > I’d hate it if they gave us more spinoffs or remakes. Build Halo 4 to last for 3 years until Halo 5.
>
> By spin offs I mean campaign/ single player, so people who played Campaign over over again have a new story to look at (like, what happened to the ODST squad the Rookie was in after the events of ODST?)

It’s stories like that which have made some people lost interest. If you ask me, there are too many Halo games as is. It’s just weird to keep throwing us around in time. After Halo 3, we went back in time before Halo 3. Then we went way back before CE. Now we’ve gone up to CE, and then we’ll be launched all the way to after Halo 3. The lack of progression is annoying.

Unless they tie in the Halo Wars story to the Reclaimer trilogy, I would love a HW2 between 4 and 5.

> > I believe there was an interveiw or article where 343i said they were going to create games in between projects. Whether this means spin off’s or remakes I don’t know.
>
> Yeah, I wouldnt mind a “Halo ODST 2” or a “Halo Wars 2” as long as Halo 4 remains the main multiplayer Halo game for a while

How about a Halo 2 remake? Thats something I wouldn’t mind.

It’s NOT going to have a yearly release like CoD.

Although, side stories like Halo 3: ODST are almost certain to exist.

It’s taking Halo 4 about 3 years for it to being complete, like every other major Halo title.

My faith in 343i.

If there are going to be spin offs between the next 3 major Halo titles I hope they’re going to be way outside the box. I personally wouldn’t want an ODST 2 and the Halo Wars games have never interested me much.

Why not go right out there and have a game that doesn’t revolve around humans or at least the UNSC or ONI. A game where some of the rogue colonies of humans have to deal with the covenant would be pretty interesting. Or perhaps a game which focuses mainly on the Sangheili?

Yeah, an ancient Shangheli game similar to Halo Legends’ The Duel, but with the samurai references toned down a bit, could be cool. Maybe something focusing on the Grunt Rebellion or the Taming of the Hunters.

I love ODST, its my favorite Halo game, but I tihnk a sequel would be pointless. There is nowhere to take that story. Halo Wars, on the other hand, should either be tied in to the new trilogy, or receive a sequel. Or, if they leave it open ended like it is now, they should make another RTS focusing on a different aspect of the war.

I hope we get more small games on the side. I loved ODST because it gave that rare feeling of vulnerability and weakness unlike any other Halo game. You didn’t save the world, or the galaxy. You played to survive, a more relatable feeling to most people.

I think the most important thing with spin offs is that they have to have a different tone from the main titles. That’s why ODST worked so well. A game that went back to the early days of the human-covenant war would be good, especially if you played as a marine. It would allow the covenant to be effectively revisited and perhaps let them live up to their potential to be terrifying. If the covenant are brought in to a spin off I want them to be scary, I want to feel like I’m really up against something threatening. That’s a tone that has definitely came and gone at times throughout the series. The brutes were pathetic, but when I see the prophet of truth make his scary as speech when MC returns in Halo 3 and when the elites attack in the 2nd level of Reach, I feel like I’m up against something big. That’s the sort of tone I want in spin offs.