After fixing Halo MCC, How it can popularize Halo

(This is a response I wrote while signing up for Halo MCC inside, deleting anything about the game currently)(Bold is a revision of the idea and goes into more detail)

I would love to see Halo Reach implemented into the game some time soon, but fixing the game of course come first before that. But I think implementing Halo Reach could be a good way for MCC to be more a hub for Halo, a place where people can meet and do stuff together. I was using the Xbox Halo MCC Club feature for the first time today and with the ability to look for groups, If more popularized, and with Halo 3 forge and custom games, I’m excited for the possible nostalgia and fun I will have once the game is working for me again, and I think others could be as well. If I could have Eldewrito forge possibilities I would be even more excited, And I would also feel that more and more others would also get excited and play more. To pay for some features like these and to keep halo mcc running like a hub world would be expensive, and charging money for dlc/updates would not go well with the community, so after some time, I would suggest running at $0.99 monthly fee for some of the multiplayer features, cheap enough for enough of a player base that would be willing to pay with at first promising to use the proceeds to keep updating the game even after its fixed with the halo games that aren’t added in or would have to be added in the future, after some time that the newest game to the series becomes the 2nd newest games in the halo series, for example. the Halo Wars games could be eventually added as well. Of course there could still be other problems with this hub world Idea, like that $0.99 a month might not be enough to keep the game services running/ or be enough to implement new games and servers for them without a big enough player base, and would only be worth it if they had a big enough player base and/or if it seemed that making the mcc into this hub with all these features would promise to bring in a much bigger player base. Also charging people to play the multiplayer, especially after already having to pay for the game and xbox live might make the Halo/Xbox/Gaming community mad, and with some of the halo base being too young to have a job/own a credit card to buy the monthly fee, the player base could shrink from this as well.

One thing that could be done after fixing mcc and after sales for the game diminish, is making mcc into a halo hub and with the approval of Microsoft, having the mcc and it’s now halo hub updates with the idea that other halo games being added overtime, multiplayers and campaigns, Halo MCC could be permanently packaged with Xbox live Gold and some of the proceeds would go to running Halo MCC. This would make sense for Microsoft, as they are already doing this monthly with some Xbox 360 games, Halo is Microsoft’s poster child for xbox games, and Microsoft can say Xbox live gives you a permanent game(Games depending on how you look at it considering halo 1-4 is in it) as well as the older games you get monthly plus the ability to play multiplayer just for $9.99. This would be good for 343 as this would bring more of a player base to the game, and to keep this hub running. If this hub idea works and becomes popularized with a big player based (Which I could see being possible if the forge abilities created by Eldewrito are implemented into at least one of the games, allowing for great/fun custom games to be created like in halo 3, the peak for Halo so far (especially if Microsoft bundles it with Xbox Live, influencing more players to try out this version of Halo MCC I imagined and all it possibilities especially with custom games)), this could be very good for Halo and bring it back to its glory day, if not even higher. Of course this would have to be approved by Microsoft. For this to work well this hub MCC would have to be obvious and in plain sight to see and try out as well, not something that you can search up on the xbox menu and download from there. Maybe having the Xbox auto download this with a purchase of Xbox Live Gold. Can be uninstalled at anytime of course if people are just not simply interested. The amount of the Xbox memory this hub idea would cost would also be staggering, and would be frustrating for xbox users, especially if it auto downloads anyways and takes up almost all of your memory. This isn’t a new problem though, as lots of games are already taking up too much memory, which is being fixed over time with larger and larger hard drives. Regular integration of Terabytes of memory for the Xbox could solve this for now , and Microsoft might be interested in doing this if it means that Halo MCC Hub would be a huge success for them, as well as because games already would benefit from this. Making a Terabyte of memory a standard for the company and not just a luxury, and keeping up with this idea of having a large amount of memory compared to what you need for future consoles, could earn Microsoft a reputation for always having the console with the best memory compared to all the competition like Sony’s and Nintendo’s Consoles.

Isn’t the MCC already a hub for Halo content? They could just sell DLC instead of making a fee or something per month? I dont entirely see the point of what you are saying.

No more subscription fees, please. Just make a game and sell it to me. I don’t want to feel like I’m being grifted by Halo now, too.

No one is going to pay for a subscription like that. There would be outrage, I assure you.

But I agree with your main point about MCC being the hub for legacy Halo. I think 343 finally realized that MCC can create long term value for their company by ensuring MCC has a long life and keeps the legacy fans happy. They could extend it even more by including legacy Halo games in the pro circuit again. I’d be happy with Reach and also ODST firefight being added but I’m not anticipating it happening.

Please dont add reach lol the worst Halo, MCC should have just been H1 H2 and H3 not sure why they added H4.

I think population will naturally come back to MCC if the game has been COMPLETELY fixed + the ranking system has been fixed + playlists are good.

> 2535445124554549;2:
> Isn’t the MCC already a hub for Halo content? They could just sell DLC instead of making a fee or something per month? I dont entirely see the point of what you are saying.

(MCC is sort of a hub for halo already, but what happens in a few years once some more halo games come out. I fear that MCC will be forgotten, and I fear that because I see great potential in it, enough to possibly make halo one of the top games again, especially if they make it even more hub like by increasing there community through ideas like implementing the El Dewrito’s modded halo 3’s forge into the game, allowing players to create those fun maps and custom games we were starting to see again before it got shut down. I think if 343 can fix the menu system and make it easy to find players to do other community stuff like custom games, especially if they implemented El Dewrito’s search menu from there mod, and had there forging capabilities too, I could see the community strengthen greatly. I think also continuously adding the other games and any future games that are not in yet (That are also not the newest release at the time) will just compliment this hub idea that the game already has/ could have more of.)

**Now if this were too happen, having this strengthen community that acts more like a hub game than it already it (A Community hub too, not just a hub for all the halo games down the line like 5 years from now when the game is making no more sales itself, It is going to cost money to keep the game running. I thought this and tried coming up with a couple of solutions, like the .99 cent month charge just to keep the servers up and such. But I even said that the community still wouldn’t like that probably (As responses to my post have shown) in my post as well. I don’t think selling themes as dlc would go over with the impunity well either, especially if halo MCC is supposed to be viewed as a halo hub, even more so if the game were more hub like. Thats why I also suggested that if halo MCC is made more hub like and gains a solid community always playing it, that after years of it being out and game sales diminish, it could bundle itself with Xbox Live Gold and uses some of revenue that Xbox Live Gold makes for Microsoft to run this upgraded hub for Halo (this bundle being done, only if the Halo MCC rises and the community behind it is strong and the this hub well known through out gaming.) This could also help keep the hub relevant for times to come, as players who have not played halo, or chose not to play it anymore, might have more inceptive too since it comes with xbox live gold. This would also be good for Microsoft too because they could be making more xbox live sales by using content that isn’t making that much money for them in any other way, If the hub is popular and well known through the gaming community, having this hub still running, because of them, and halo being one of there main images for xbox already if not even more by then if this hub idea works, they Stand to gain from doing this at the expense of keeping the game running( refer to the bold section of my original post for more about bundling this upgraded halo MCC with xbox live.)**I want to know more possible goods and bads from this idea though, discussion is key to figure out any flaws with this idea

> 2533274912044273;4:
> No one is going to pay for a subscription like that. There would be outrage, I assure you.
>
> But I agree with your main point about MCC being the hub for legacy Halo. I think 343 finally realized that MCC can create long term value for their company by ensuring MCC has a long life and keeps the legacy fans happy. They could extend it even more by including legacy Halo games in the pro circuit again. I’d be happy with Reach and also ODST firefight being added but I’m not anticipating it happening.

I also don’t see reach and Halo oddest firefight being added… right now. But thats not mean it’s impossible or up for disscussion in the future. We are a community and we have seen the games make certain decisions because of us, like bringing back the old art style for example for master chiefs armor. Thats why I am posting this, in the hopes that it will make a big enough discussion over it, even if it doesn’t happen or lots of others disagree, so 343 can see what the community is saying what they want from there games

as for the subscription idea, I also don’t think the subscription idea would go over well with the community either. in that post I said earlier “if this were too happen, having this strengthen community that acts more like a hub game than it already it (A Community hub too, not just a hub for all the halo games down the line like 5 years from now when the game is making no more sales itself, It is going to cost money to keep the game running. I thought this and tried coming up with a couple of solutions, like the .99 cent month charge just to keep the servers up and such. But I even said that the community still wouldn’t like that probably (As responses to my post have shown) in my post as well. I don’t think selling themes as dlc would go over with the impunity well either, especially if halo MCC is supposed to be viewed as a halo hub, even more so if the game were more hub like. Thats why I also suggested that if halo MCC is made more hub like and gains a solid community always playing it, that after years of it being out and game sales diminish, it could bundle itself with Xbox Live Gold and uses some of revenue that Xbox Live Gold makes for Microsoft to run this upgraded hub for Halo (this bundle being done, only if the Halo MCC rises and the community behind it is strong and the this hub well known through out gaming.) This could also help keep the hub relevant for times to come, as players who have not played halo, or chose not to play it anymore, might have more inceptive too since it comes with xbox live gold. This would also be good for Microsoft too because they could be making more xbox live sales by using content that isn’t making that much money for them in any other way, If the hub is popular and well known through the gaming community, having this hub still running, because of them, and halo being one of there main images for xbox already if not even more by then if this hub idea works, they Stand to gain from doing this at the expense of keeping the game running( refer to the bold section of my original post for more about bundling this upgraded halo MCC with xbox live.)”

I want to know more possible goods and bads from this idea though, discussion is key to figure out any flaws with this idea

> 2533274883669557;3:
> No more subscription fees, please. Just make a game and sell it to me. I don’t want to feel like I’m being grifted by Halo now, too.

as for the subscription idea, I also don’t think the subscription idea would go over well with the community either. in that post I said earlier "if this were too happen, having this strengthen community that acts more like a hub game than it already it (A Community hub too, not just a hub for all the halo games down the line like 5 years from now when the game is making no more sales itself, It is going to cost money to keep the game running. I thought this and tried coming up with a couple of solutions, like the .99 cent month charge just to keep the servers up and such. But I even said that the community still wouldn’t like that probably (As responses to my post have shown) in my post as well. I don’t think selling themes as dlc would go over with the impunity well either, especially if halo MCC is supposed to be viewed as a halo hub, even more so if the game were more hub like. Thats why I also suggested that if halo MCC is made more hub like and gains a solid community always playing it, that after years of it being out and game sales diminish, it could bundle itself with Xbox Live Gold and uses some of revenue that Xbox Live Gold makes for Microsoft to run this upgraded hub for Halo (this bundle being done, only if the Halo MCC rises and the community behind it is strong and the this hub well known through out gaming.) This could also help keep the hub relevant for times to come, as players who have not played halo, or chose not to play it anymore, might have more inceptive too since it comes with xbox live gold. This would also be good for Microsoft too because they could be making more xbox live sales by using content that isn’t making that much money for them in any other way, If the hub is popular and well known through the gaming community, having this hub still running, because of them, and halo being one of there main images for xbox already if not even more by then if this hub idea works, they Stand to gain from doing this at the expense of keeping the game running( refer to the bold section of my original post for more about bundling this upgraded halo MCC with xbox live.)"I want to know more possible goods and bads from this idea though, discussion is key to figure out any flaws with this idea