After Beta Crucible is MORE Fun Really?

I can only think to myself. It may just be that Destiny is a complete game for what it is. Meaning that the Crucible is the Crucible. You’re not going to get some sort of weird hybrid catering to the competitive gamers while trying to appease the casuals.

side note and not related I really wish Bungie would come out with Customs for Crucible.

I also know that I fall into the Halo 3 camp. Personally I believe that Halo 3 is the undisputed Halo Champion. I can only dream about 343 taking Halo back to that. Then expanding from there. I could go on with an entire wall of things that could be expanded upon that Halo 3 introduced. I guess I can keep dreaming.

Despite the drastic differences between Crucible and what Halo has become. There is something familiar there. I don’t have that pinned down. I do believe one thing specifically is the way you move in Destiny. The jumping and sprinting has been implemented so flawlessly.

343 seems to be going through this identity crisis. Bravo mentioned that there is much debate about if sprint should be in Halo. I don’t believe there is a debate here. It’s clear that it does not. I like what Counter Strike does with there movement. I think that would work for Halo. I think the only debate that is occurring is between the Fans and the Developers.

Never assume you speak for everybody. Numerous community polls over the years have shown it to be right around 50/50 for Sprint/No Sprint so 343i could really have went either way with Halo 5 and made half of the fanbase angry.

I’ll be the first to say before the Halo 5 beta, I was in the no sprint camp. It didn’t work in Reach, and barely improved in Halo 4. But in Halo 5, I think they have managed to do the impossible several times over (Balance Sprint, make AR starts fun and workable, and re-establish equal starts arena gameplay while still giving it a modern touch) and I eagerly look forward to the full game (Limited Collectors Edition already preordered).

Halo 5 may have some issues.

But the crucible is just flat out bad.

Also, Halo 2 is the undisputed Halo champion (subjectivity, how does it even work??). And the feeling you get is probably stockholm syndrome, where you go there only because you recognize the name Bungie despite them blindfolding you and putting you in a whole new environment tht plays nothing like Halo. (Seriously, people will say ADS in Halo is bad but many of these people still enjoy Destiny despite being a Halo-CoD hybrid? lol ok.)

Also the debate is real. I prefer sprint as long as it fits the gameplay. Halo 's sprint is risk v reward no since it punishes you by delaying shields, and you have to build up momentum n order to fully sprint, so its not like players can avoid conflict as easily as people wish it did. I still believe the resentment of sprint is still related to the CoD vs Halo arguments of old.

Destiny is terrible

> 2533274799135257;3:
> Halo 5 may have some issues.
>
> But the crucible is just flat out bad.
>
> Also, Halo 2 is the undisputed Halo champion (subjectivity, how does it even work??). And the feeling you get is probably stockholm syndrome, where you go there only because you recognize the name Bungie despite them blindfolding you and putting you in a whole new environment tht plays nothing like Halo. (Seriously, people will say ADS in Halo is bad but many of these people still enjoy Destiny despite being a Halo-CoD hybrid? lol ok.)
>
> Also the debate is real. I prefer sprint as long as it fits the gameplay. Halo 's sprint is risk v reward no since it punishes you by delaying shields, and you have to build up momentum n order to fully sprint, so its not like players can avoid conflict as easily as people wish it did. I still believe the resentment of sprint is still related to the CoD vs Halo arguments of old.

What’s that? Go AFK and cost your team half the game? Don’t worry, here’s the best weapon in the game to cheer you up!

Anyway, your post is my thoughts exactly. Halo’s big thing is balanced multiplayer, right? What the heck is the Cruicble, where every. single. person. has different weapons, different armor uses, different class set up, nobody is the same. It’s a complete free for all. Plus, it rewards the worst players, and really doesn’t have a plenty for losing (yes, that single Crucible mark was an agonizing defeat).

The Halo 5 Beta was most definitely more fun (and challenging) that Destiny’s excuse for PvP.

For all the things I hate about Halo 5, it’s still miles above the unbalanced, unrewarding garbage that is Destiny PvP.

The argument is between the community. It sucks now.

I think the real problem may be between fans and fans and the developer. I still don’t think after all this time we as a community have decided what we wanted and that sure doesn’t help 343. No matter what they do, 343 is screwed by one faction of the fanbase. I liked what I saw in Halo 5, but I have some reservations. Yet the Crucible being better than the beta? Maybe if you like an unbalanced mess of a multiplayer mode.