After a long absence....

I came back after the new update eager to get back into the swing of things seeing as I’d been away for quite some time. I have to say I’m very…disappointed and quite frankly pissed off that 343i changed Breakout so drastically. Full shields with Shotguns? What moron came up with that idea? Now it’s nothing like what breakout used to be. Now it’s just idiots running around with shotguns the whole game going for the flag. ARs, SMGs and any other close range weapon has been made useless in this gametype now. And forget long range pistol battles. We’ll just rush and hide around the corner with our host shotgun and kill you before even have a chance to react.
Now it’s basically just elimination. I was hoping maybe it was just that version for a map and it’ll be normal next game…NOPE! Get this trash outta here and bring back the old Breakout…you know the version that was actually good! Didn’t people complain about the full shield version when it was a temporary change? So then you just go and make it permanent??? Your Matchmaking team is full of idiots. And I read the notes on the changes. Those are idiotic reasons for adding the changes.

I know you haven’t been on here in awhile, but breakout updated back in October, I believe.

You’re getting triggered over ONE gamemode?!!?!? And the changes weren’t even a part of the new update, the changes happened ages ago!

> 2533274823153335;1:
> I came back after the new update eager to get back into the swing of things seeing as I’d been away for quite some time. I have to say I’m very…disappointed and quite frankly pissed off that 343i changed Breakout so drastically. Full shields with Shotguns? What moron came up with that idea? Now it’s nothing like what breakout used to be. Now it’s just idiots running around with shotguns the whole game going for the flag. ARs, SMGs and any other close range weapon has been made useless in this gametype now. And forget long range pistol battles. We’ll just rush and hide around the corner with our host shotgun and kill you before even have a chance to react.
> Now it’s basically just elimination. I was hoping maybe it was just that version for a map and it’ll be normal next game…NOPE! Get this trash outta here and bring back the old Breakout…you know the version that was actually good! Didn’t people complain about the full shield version when it was a temporary change? So then you just go and make it permanent??? Your Matchmaking team is full of idiots. And I read the notes on the changes. Those are idiotic reasons for adding the changes.

It was changed because hardly any one played it and some one at 343 loves it so they are trying to make it more popular. I think they should just scrap it all together. I am not a fan of either version

> 2533274930413556;2:
> I know you haven’t been on here in awhile, but breakout updated back in October, I believe.

Either September or October. But might be October. I dont really care about Breakout anymore.

They happened in Oct. That’s how long I’ve been away and it was my favorite game type. They changed it to the point it’s not even breakout. It’s just elimination now. So after just finding out about the changes to the mode yeah I’m going to be pissed. I don’t consider 2 months ages ago. That’s still pretty recent. I’m sure if they removed shield from Snipers and gave everyone a pistol as a side arm people would be very pissed over that ONE game mode being changed. Or taking out all precision weapon starts in SWAT and giving you all SMGs with only 3-4 precision weapons on the map. Again people would be quite pissed over that ONE game mode.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> > 2533274823153335;1:
> > I came back after the new update eager to get back into the swing of things seeing as I’d been away for quite some time. I have to say I’m very…disappointed and quite frankly pissed off that 343i changed Breakout so drastically. Full shields with Shotguns? What moron came up with that idea? Now it’s nothing like what breakout used to be. Now it’s just idiots running around with shotguns the whole game going for the flag. ARs, SMGs and any other close range weapon has been made useless in this gametype now. And forget long range pistol battles. We’ll just rush and hide around the corner with our host shotgun and kill you before even have a chance to react.
> > Now it’s basically just elimination. I was hoping maybe it was just that version for a map and it’ll be normal next game…NOPE! Get this trash outta here and bring back the old Breakout…you know the version that was actually good! Didn’t people complain about the full shield version when it was a temporary change? So then you just go and make it permanent??? Your Matchmaking team is full of idiots. And I read the notes on the changes. Those are idiotic reasons for adding the changes.
>
> It was changed because hardly any one played it and some one at 343 loves it so they are trying to make it more popular. I think they should just scrap it all together. I am not a fan of either version

I never had an issue finding a game back before the changes when it was still a ranked playlist. Only about 20-25 seconds between matches once you got ranked. Maybe if they’d left it as a ranked game type then it wouldn’t have dropped off the map. Once it was a social playlist no one played it with a good minute+ wait even when not using Focused filter.

> 2535409489305717;5:
> > 2533274930413556;2:
> > I know you haven’t been on here in awhile, but breakout updated back in October, I believe.
>
> Either September or October. But might be October. I dont really care about Breakout anymore.

Yeah same.

Welcome to the new (and slightly better/worse, depending on who you ask) Halo 5, where pretty much everyone forgot about one of the two most hyped modes pre-launch and the other mode is being deserted because of party size changes. Enjoy your stay!

> 2535405116054664;9:
> Welcome to the new (and slightly better/worse, depending on who you ask) Halo 5, where pretty much everyone forgot about one of the two most hyped modes pre-launch and the other mode is being deserted because of party size changes. Enjoy your stay!

Yeah I’ve been seeing people talking about WZ being dropped to only 6 man parties. Kinda stupid. Maybe their way if trying to minimize the farming I guess. The communities own fault really.

> 2533274823153335;10:
> > 2535405116054664;9:
> > Welcome to the new (and slightly better/worse, depending on who you ask) Halo 5, where pretty much everyone forgot about one of the two most hyped modes pre-launch and the other mode is being deserted because of party size changes. Enjoy your stay!
>
> Yeah I’ve been seeing people talking about WZ being dropped to only 6 man parties. Kinda stupid. Maybe their way if trying to minimize the farming I guess. The communities own fault really.

True. The main argument, from what I’ve seen, is that they had good intentions but went about it the worst way possible. Now you got guys in companies begging for the reversal immediately, not after the trial session or whatever is done. Granted, there were other options besides limiting party size, and IMO the JiP is a much bigger problem than farming, but I can’t really change anything now, can I? You can go over here to see the main arguments. I should arn you though, it is one of the most toxic areas I’ve seen since the Sprint thread was a thing.

> 2535405116054664;11:
> > 2533274823153335;10:
> > > 2535405116054664;9:
> > > Welcome to the new (and slightly better/worse, depending on who you ask) Halo 5, where pretty much everyone forgot about one of the two most hyped modes pre-launch and the other mode is being deserted because of party size changes. Enjoy your stay!
> >
> > Yeah I’ve been seeing people talking about WZ being dropped to only 6 man parties. Kinda stupid. Maybe their way if trying to minimize the farming I guess. The communities own fault really.
>
> True. The main argument, from what I’ve seen, is that they had good intentions but went about it the worst way possible. Now you got guys in companies begging for the reversal immediately, not after the trial session or whatever is done. Granted, there were other options besides limiting party size, and IMO the JiP is a much bigger problem than farming, but I can’t really change anything now, can I? You can go over here to see the main arguments. I should arn you though, it is one of the most toxic areas I’ve seen since the Sprint thread was a thing.

Yeah there were other routes they could have taken but, I think this was the most needed one. Maybe after a bit they’ll reverse it and put it in people’s minds that the farming needs to end or it might just go back to 6 man teams.

I checked the thread out right before replying to this and it is pretty toxic. Anything with that many replies is prone to flames.

I would recommend posting your thoughts calmly and constructively here in the Breakout Refresh Feedback Thread:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/breakout-refresh-feedback-thread/d82b6acc-6e13-4ca1-aa42-56b4da181ca5/posts

Sorry you don’t like the change, but I hope you find joy in Halo 5 still! Happy Haloing!

I too miss the old Breakout. I didn’t play it much because I preferred other modes, but at least it was unique then. Now it just feels like worse, quicker Slayer.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> > 2533274823153335;1:
> > I came back after the new update eager to get back into the swing of things seeing as I’d been away for quite some time. I have to say I’m very…disappointed and quite frankly pissed off that 343i changed Breakout so drastically. Full shields with Shotguns? What moron came up with that idea? Now it’s nothing like what breakout used to be. Now it’s just idiots running around with shotguns the whole game going for the flag. ARs, SMGs and any other close range weapon has been made useless in this gametype now. And forget long range pistol battles. We’ll just rush and hide around the corner with our host shotgun and kill you before even have a chance to react.
> > Now it’s basically just elimination. I was hoping maybe it was just that version for a map and it’ll be normal next game…NOPE! Get this trash outta here and bring back the old Breakout…you know the version that was actually good! Didn’t people complain about the full shield version when it was a temporary change? So then you just go and make it permanent??? Your Matchmaking team is full of idiots. And I read the notes on the changes. Those are idiotic reasons for adding the changes.
>
> It was changed because hardly any one played it and some one at 343 loves it so they are trying to make it more popular. I think they should just scrap it all together. I am not a fan of either version

While game modes like invasion,headhunter,vip,etc… sit on the sideline,they created a very poor game mode in breakout