AFKers and Quitters

Absolutely loving Halo 4 MP, but I do find myself in frequent matches with one or more idle teammates. They seem to be joining games but not actually playing, in an attempt to earn xp without effort. It would be great to see more done to deter people from going “AFK”, such as booting players if there is no controller input for a predetermined amount of time. Quitting also seems to be a common occurrence. Perhaps players shouldn’t be given the option to quit mid-match.

You don’t see it, but people get banned for quitting and Idling in games. Wether you see it or not.

The automated ‘banhammer’ system can tell if you are afking and is very clever. It also tracks your quits/disconnects from games to apply a ban after a certain amount.

Halo 3 also deterred people from qutting by taking away about a games worth the exp and you also didn’t get any exp for the match you quit

not sure about h2 because i didn’t play it on XBL

I totally agree cod and gears of war all have a system the kicks inactive players and their is absolutely no excuse to not have it in halo.I also think that the anti quiting system form halo reach should be implemented.

Also the more games you quit the more times you should be placed into games in progress when you go into matchmaking nothing more frustrating than joining a game that is almost hopelessly lost over and over again knowing that its because kids quit all the time. Ive never quit a game and yet I constantly have to take losses from kids who quit their games after they know they are going to lose or take losses from have kids quit off my team in objective games.

Can I ask you where you received this information? A link to a moderator post or direction to a 343 website stating this as fact is helpful.

> Can I ask you where you received this information? A link to a moderator post or direction to a 343 website stating this as fact is helpful.

Stating what fact? I’ve left so many games I cant even count due to all of my teammates leaving and having AFKs on my team and I’ve never been punished for it.

> Can I ask you where you received this information? A link to a moderator post or direction to a 343 website stating this as fact is helpful.

Try reading the thread on Bans…

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst135680_The-Official-Halo-4-Ban-Thread.aspx

Also if you read some of the people that have complained about being banned and look at the game history you can clearly see the games that they quit or idled in.

WHy should anyone care about quitting matches? All of H4 matchmaking is social and just for fun.

If you want people to care about quitting then it needs to affect rank that reflects wins minus losses. If its just XP people will just breeze through some spops and get it all back and not care.

Like it or not but visible ranks are needed to motivate some players.