AFK...Shouldn't happen!

I’m here to express my anger by saying teammates AFK should be kicked out by minimum 1 minute and max 1 minute and half after the game has started.

They remain in the team almost all game! That’s unacceptable! Now i’m encounter experienced players, we can’t afford having those animals AFK…

If you want to receive XP without doing anything, GO TO FREAKING SPARTAN OPS!

JESUS CHRIST!

I agree. I’ve gone through people’s Service Records and seen them idle through 15 games in a row, and then they only get XP bans. It’s lame.

Yeah i agree i had a game last night with a friend searching CTF we won in a 5v2 game on solace with 3 AFK’s on our team it’s in my fileshare if anyone wants to watch it. I would like to have those people perm banned from this game.

while I agree… I don’t think they should be kicked in the short span of 1 minute… sometimes People like you and mean gotta pause the game and go do something… So being kicked after being gone for a minute can be pretty damn annoying…

> while I agree… I don’t think they should be kicked in the short span of 1 minute… sometimes People like you and mean gotta pause the game and go do something… So being kicked after being gone for a minute can be pretty damn annoying…

If you’re going to do something else, why do you even enter the matchmaking? Stay in lobby at least!

They should have included auto-kick idle players along with Join-In-Progress. Why they didn’t do this, I don’t know. All we can really do now is encourage 343 to include it in Halo 5.

I really wish there was some way for the AFK kick/ban to work perfectly. With servers coming in it may be easier to find a solution that works. If you don’t get any points in x amount of time, don’t move(if that’s even detectable) in x time.

No way they would put auto-kick after only a minute, they’re about to release an achievement that entails you camp for a minute after all.

> I really wish there was some way for the AFK kick/ban to work perfectly. With servers coming in it may be easier to find a solution that works. If you don’t get any points in x amount of time, don’t move(if that’s even detectable) in x time.

If it’s a short amount of time people who are defending the flag/oddball carrier without going out of their way to get points would be kicked, assuming 343i can’t detect movement.

> > while I agree… I don’t think they should be kicked in the short span of 1 minute… sometimes People like you and mean gotta pause the game and go do something… So being kicked after being gone for a minute can be pretty damn annoying…
>
> If you’re going to do something else, why do you even enter the matchmaking? Stay in lobby at least!

Think about it this way… what if you gotta do something real quick while in game?

AFK players suck, and seem to be a problem with Halo.

Yes, some times you need to go to the toilet or something happens. But if you plan on being away for than a few minutes, please leave.

I know BF has a AFK option that if you are AFK for 2-3 minutes you are booted automaticcaly, this system works really well. I do not know if COD has this as well.

If I for some reason have to quickly leave (toilet, wife yelling at me) and return for being away for a minute or 2 and i have been booted from the game for AFK, that fine, I will join back in.

Also with BF, if you are AFK and killed, you do not respawn, which is a good thing, no free kills for the enemy, and no extra deaths for you.

I have played games in Halo where more than half the team and sometimes the entir team is AFK. Your team is just running around trying to get free kills. Some of these players might even die over 50 times. That can’t be good for your K/D.

And players who AFK in Grief Ball. My dream game of Grief Ball would be to have the entire enemy team AFK. I have played 1 game where 3 players were AFK. That was alot of kills.

Halo needs to introduce system where if you are AFK for 2-3 minutes. You are automatically removed from the game. This works great in BF3, would work great in Halo as well.

The point is to auto-kick people who have been idle for a time since the start of the game. If they are active and then become idle, that’s different.

There’s no good reason to leave the game searching for players while you walk away to do something else, because the match might start before you finish. That’s unfair to other players and detracts from the fun.

> > I really wish there was some way for the AFK kick/ban to work perfectly. With servers coming in it may be easier to find a solution that works. If you don’t get any points in x amount of time, don’t move(if that’s even detectable) in x time.
>
> If it’s a short amount of time people who are defending the flag/oddball carrier without going out of their way to get points would be kicked, assuming 343i can’t detect movement.

Agreed,

Plus it would suck for people who are terrible and are just kicked for being crap.

But then you can get banned for zero kills, because it will count this as AFK, even if your doing other stuff. Unless this has been fixed since REACH.

> AFK players suck, and seem to be a problem with Halo.
>
> Yes, some times you need to go to the toilet or something happens. But if you plan on being away for than a few minutes, please leave.
>
> I know BF has a AFK option that if you are AFK for 2-3 minutes you are booted automaticcaly, this system works really well. I do not know if COD has this as well.
>
> If I for some reason have to quickly leave (toilet, wife yelling at me) and return for being away for a minute or 2 and i have been booted from the game for AFK, that fine, I will join back in.
>
> Also with BF, if you are AFK and killed, you do not respawn, which is a good thing, no free kills for the enemy, and no extra deaths for you.
>
> I have played games in Halo where more than half the team and sometimes the entir team is AFK. Your team is just running around trying to get free kills. Some of these players might even die over 50 times. That can’t be good for your K/D.
>
> And players who AFK in Grief Ball. My dream game of Grief Ball would be to have the entire enemy team AFK. I have played 1 game where 3 players were AFK. That was alot of kills.
>
> Halo needs to introduce system where if you are AFK for 2-3 minutes. You are automatically removed from the game. This works great in BF3, would work great in Halo as well.

That BF system is perfect! I doubt 343 implements it in halo 5 :frowning: