AFK players issue with a question to 343

Now im sure there are a lot of people who think that the system catches them but i will say for certain that its missing by a longshot.

If i go into firefight arcade or firefight doubles i will see 1 afk player per 2-3 games.

I would see in their history games that they barely get 20-30 kills/game and stay in a corner without getting killed. This is rampant and i swear to you all that i find them easier just by playing.

I would love to know how 343 will be fighting these disgraceful players who have made firefight matchmaking nearly impossible to have fun as a team.

You can’t expect justice to be dealt instantly. These things take time.

Don’t worry. Everyone gets their fair and well deserved punishment.

> You can’t expect justice to be dealt instantly. These things take time.
>
> Don’t worry. Everyone gets their fair and well deserved punishment.

I want the old games back where i met up with people who play and TRY to work as a team.

How about a report feature. Every game has a report button that can only be seen by the people who played that game.

I hope future versions of Halo will have the option to kick idle players if the system isn’t working right, and also maybe a drop in/drop out system so the game can replace people that are kicked or quit.

> I want the old games back where i met up with people who play and TRY to work as a team.
>
> .

I think these day’s are long gone. Xbox live party and private chat killed this off.
I remember Halo 2 where you had your friend list and clan list.
I remember playing with at least 50% of either list regularly but with private and party chat we’ve all now drifted, gone onto different games and the few of us that still do play Halo stick to the party chats so we never meet new Halo gamers.
Not only that in the early days of H2 people used to say “Good game” at the end of the match these days all you tend to hear is abuse.
It’s very hard to make new friends with people who jump[ down your throat.

I haven’t used it in a while but you can negatively comment about a player if you go into their profile after the game but I’m not sure how that affects matchmaking.

It’s sort of a tough issue solve. They’re not, technically, doing anything wrong. They’re just not playing. It’s not like you can just boot them for not playing. That would be nice but it’s hard to program the gauges of that. Maybe if they haven’t moved for 5+ minutes or something. I don’t know.

> Now im sure there are a lot of people who think that the system catches them but i will say for certain that its missing by a longshot.
>
> If i go into firefight arcade or firefight doubles i will see 1 afk player per 2-3 games.
>
> I would see in their history games that they barely get 20-30 kills/game and stay in a corner without getting killed. This is rampant and i swear to you all that i find them easier just by playing.
>
>
> I would love to know how 343 will be fighting these disgraceful players who have made firefight matchmaking nearly impossible to have fun as a team.

My idea;turn friendly fire back on and take out the option of booting. That will make the AFK’ers start playing because they can’t handle the risk of losing the chance of getting their commendations for not dying in FF.

I’d be very excited if 343 addressed this in the title update. Something that detects that they haven’t been moving or contributing at all, and automatically removes them from the match for inactivity.

I know this is probably going to be an unpopular view…but does it really matter? In FF, if someone is idling, well that means more kills for me. I don’t really concern myself too much with AFK’s in FF. If that’s the type of players they want to be then so be it.

Now other game types where I am on a team, yes, that does drive me to cussing at the tv. Especially, when they quit in the middle of the game, but even then, I say sayonara. I keep playing and move on.

I wasn’t around for H2 MM, but from what I read it sounds like I might have missed the good 'ol days. Still, I am slowly creating my own little community of like minded players, who are interested in good fun and honest play. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Also, in terms of 343i taking up time and engery in dealing with this in the next TU, I’m not really for that. I would rather them devote their energy into dealing with some of the glitches in gameplay.

<4

I know that in World of Warcraft, if a player hasn’t moved in like 60 seconds or something like that, and at least 50% of the team reports them as AFK they will be booted out. A solution to having games with less people because of quitters would be to let friends join games with less than the players than the limit. That way you don’t have drop-in-drop-out and you don’t have to play 1v4.

> > Now im sure there are a lot of people who think that the system catches them but i will say for certain that its missing by a longshot.
> >
> > If i go into firefight arcade or firefight doubles i will see 1 afk player per 2-3 games.
> >
> > I would see in their history games that they barely get 20-30 kills/game and stay in a corner without getting killed. This is rampant and i swear to you all that i find them easier just by playing.
> >
> >
> > I would love to know how 343 will be fighting these disgraceful players who have made firefight matchmaking nearly impossible to have fun as a team.
>
> My idea;turn friendly fire back on and take out the option of booting. That will make the AFK’ers start playing because they can’t handle the risk of losing the chance of getting their commendations for not dying in FF.

The problem with that is if you turn on the friendly fire then you will have people who will only be trolling you by just killing you all the time.

This was a problem that was the reason for the friendly fire being turned off.

> I’d be very excited if 343 addressed this in the title update. Something that detects that they haven’t been moving or contributing at all, and automatically removes them from the match for inactivity.

This is a perfect idea but i seriously doubt that it would work like that. Maybe in the next game they could code it in.

> I know that in World of Warcraft, if a player hasn’t moved in like 60 seconds or something like that, and at least 50% of the team reports them as AFK they will be booted out. A solution to having games with less people because of quitters would be to let friends join games with less than the players than the limit. That way you don’t have drop-in-drop-out and you don’t have to play 1v4.

I love the idea of a reporting system for ingame. The thing is. If you have a team of 2-3 who just wants to kick a random the random player out then they can just go for the vote. This would actually be more abused then the turning on the friendly fire.

This question is going to scream out my noob status, but a question regarding afk. First, what is to gain from consistent afk?

> This question is going to scream out my noob status, but a question regarding afk. First, what is to gain from consistent afk?

I wont say it.

Afk in a game will give a person free credits for doing nothing.

The issue here is that the game gives credits for the gametime played. The more time spent in a game the more credits gained. So when a player playes the game doing nothing they still get the credits.

> This question is going to scream out my noob status, but a question regarding afk. First, what is to gain from consistent afk?

No worries SquareRigged. In fact I had to look this up when someone told me about it. I don’t know whether you intended it or not but your question has a certain philosophical ring to it. Credits, credits, and more credits which can purchase armor pieces that have actually no real application in the game. Not to mention the possibility to rank up, but I have found, as have many others I’m sure, that rank does not truly denote skill.

So what is gained from consistent AFK? Nothing really significant in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong. I love to rank up, and buy new armor, but I find it extremely satisfying that I know I have my rank through legitimate play. Not everyone feels that way. There is always going to be this issue.

So I say again, AFK in FF does not affect my gameplay and therefore I do not waste too much energy with concern for it.

<4

> I hope future versions of Halo will have the option to kick idle players if the system isn’t working right, and also maybe a drop in/drop out system so the game can replace people that are kicked or quit.

This x1000

I only go AFK if i really need to.

> I only go AFK if i really need to.

What is called a “NEED TO”?

Is it someone who will kill 20-30 then find a hiding spot to not get killed from like the initial spawn room on holdout in the far inside corner?
Is it someone who finds a corner to hide in like a dark corner of the map on glacier next to the initial spawn point for 2 rounds then pull off a lazy completion of maybe 40-50 kills?
Is it someone who goes to the far end of glacier and makes their way to the out of bounds area hiding spot just to sit around for almost an entire game?

How about i start listing people like him or him or the few hundred i have seen just in the last 3 weeks.

> > I only go AFK if i really need to.
>
> What is called a “NEED TO”?
>
> Is it someone who will kill 20-30 then find a hiding spot to not get killed from like the initial spawn room on holdout in the far inside corner?
> Is it someone who finds a corner to hide in like a dark corner of the map on glacier next to the initial spawn point for 2 rounds then pull off a lazy completion of maybe 40-50 kills?
> Is it someone who goes to the far end of glacier and makes their way to the out of bounds area hiding spot just to sit around for almost an entire game?
>
> How about i start listing people like him or him or the few hundred i have seen just in the last 3 weeks.

Or it could be an important phone call or maybe still in the bathroom…? XD

I know that’s happened to me and I don’t like to quit games so I just stand there and when I’m done, I enter, or return, to the fray.

AFK can be annoying, but as long as it’s not 15 minuts, or the whole game, I don’t care, it’s people who leave just because it’s not the map they want, and I get left alone with 5 guys on the other team. But as far as AFK players, most game if your AFK for so long, you get booted, but then that leaves your team short a man.

> > > I only go AFK if i really need to.
> >
> > What is called a “NEED TO”?
> >
> > Is it someone who will kill 20-30 then find a hiding spot to not get killed from like the initial spawn room on holdout in the far inside corner?
> > Is it someone who finds a corner to hide in like a dark corner of the map on glacier next to the initial spawn point for 2 rounds then pull off a lazy completion of maybe 40-50 kills?
> > Is it someone who goes to the far end of glacier and makes their way to the out of bounds area hiding spot just to sit around for almost an entire game?
> >
> > How about i start listing people like him or him or the few hundred i have seen just in the last 3 weeks.
>
> Or it could be an important phone call or maybe still in the bathroom…? XD
>
> I know that’s happened to me and I don’t like to quit games so I just stand there and when I’m done, I enter, or return, to the fray.

That’s right, sometimes this happens. Or someone in the house needs something, or someone comes to the door, whatever, you never know. I know I am just repeating myself, but this does not affect my game in anyway, so I don’t worry about it, and I don’t agree that 343i should devote energy to dealing with it anymore then it has already been dealt with.