Advice to improve kda

Hello, I am currently a player on halo 5 who really wants to be a skilled one. Right now I am Spartan rank 68, but so far I’m not doing so well. I have an arena kda of -1.3, with 7345 kills and 8735 deaths. It constantly stresses me out and I really want to be a skilled player by the time I am over rank 100. My goal is to have at least 20,000 kills and less than 15,000 deaths by the time I am a little bit over SR 100. I also want to improve my kda in custom games to over 1.0 as it is currently -0.6, with 8306 kills and 9805 deaths. My spartan company is also getting closer and closer to unlocking the Achilles armor, and it’s stressing me out as I don’t want to wear it while being the horrible noob that I am. If anyone is going to explain to me how to improve at the game, I want you to give me lots of details such as how to improve accuracy, how to properly attack enemies, etc. I don’t want anyone just saying to me, “play arena” or anything like that. So if you are seeing this, please help me to improve myself and my kda at the game to over 1.0 in both arena and custom games.

One of the better pieces of advice I can give someone is learn to utilize radar at all times. Know how the dots appear when someone is on your lvl or above/below you.
Learn to recognize where your team is on the map based on radar and anticipate enemy spawn points. If your entire team is behind you, expect enemies ahead as they wont spawn near your allies.

Learn to be patient as well. Trade off between sprinting and crouching to get the drop on enemies. Constant running works far less often, especially since spartan charge is dumb and wont one shot 90% of enemies.

stick with your group unless the map has rockets or you can lone wolf it. Its faster to kill when two people shoot vs one. Also, practice grenade throws. Learn the angles of walls and floors to place grenades where you expect people to be. Remember, peoples natural tendency is to get closer to melee kill. Throw grenades with that in mind. Not at the enemy but where you expect them to be.

lastly, practice aiming for the face. Go to warzone spawn sniper type weapons and practice headshots. If you can consistently hit moving targets with snipers you should be able to do so with ARs BRs magnums, etc. Also memorize the maps. Know at anytime where you can run to to evaid enemies or to dodge rockets grenades, etc. Know where people tend to hide if they are crouching so you dont get surprised from a corner.

Headshots in swat is what I went for to get my kd up back when I cared about my kd. Swat helps you work on those fast reflexes you need or you could do hexagon, also if you have trouble getting head shots then I’ll give you the advice my friend gave me back in halo reach when I sucked (Then learn!) no word of lie that advice actually worked and he regretted ever since :smiling_imp:

In my opinion, kda, doesn’t matter, but if you want to “improve” your kda quick, play WFF.

> 2533274911200879;3:
> Headshots in swat is what I went for to get my kd up back when I cared about my kd. Swat helps you work on those fast reflexes you need or you could do hexagon, also if you have trouble getting head shots then I’ll give you the advice my friend gave me back in halo reach when I sucked (Then learn!) no word of lie that advice actually worked and he regretted ever since :smiling_imp:

Iagree. Swat is good for practicing quickfire and maximizing your spacial awareness with no radar to crutch on. You will never go back to the same style of play once you get proficient at swat even after you leave it just improves all your senses imo

> 2535433113586217;4:
> In my opinion, kda, doesn’t matter, but if you want to “improve” your kda quick, play WFF.

I think op is looking moreso for actual gameplay improvement tips not easy kda padding. Kda is a secondary benefit for him.

> 2535433113586217;4:
> In my opinion, kda, doesn’t matter, but if you want to “improve” your kda quick, play WFF.

It’s hilarious how true this is. Once I started playing nothing but Warzone Firefight, my “multiplayer K/D” shot up for some reason. Makes me wonder how useful it really is, because I never play arena and therefore suck at it.

> 2533274871425724;5:
> > 2533274911200879;3:
> > Headshots in swat is what I went for to get my kd up back when I cared about my kd. Swat helps you work on those fast reflexes you need or you could do hexagon, also if you have trouble getting head shots then I’ll give you the advice my friend gave me back in halo reach when I sucked (Then learn!) no word of lie that advice actually worked and he regretted ever since :smiling_imp:
>
> Iagree. Swat is good for practicing quickfire and maximizing your spacial awareness with no radar to crutch on. You will never go back to the same style of play once you get proficient at swat even after you leave it just improves all your senses imo

So true all my skill at head shooting came from swat because it was literally the only thing I played on reach besides zombies and firefight.

> 2533274911200879;8:
> > 2533274871425724;5:
> > > 2533274911200879;3:
> > > Headshots in swat is what I went for to get my kd up back when I cared about my kd. Swat helps you work on those fast reflexes you need or you could do hexagon, also if you have trouble getting head shots then I’ll give you the advice my friend gave me back in halo reach when I sucked (Then learn!) no word of lie that advice actually worked and he regretted ever since :smiling_imp:
> >
> > Iagree. Swat is good for practicing quickfire and maximizing your spacial awareness with no radar to crutch on. You will never go back to the same style of play once you get proficient at swat even after you leave it just improves all your senses imo
>
> So true all my skill at head shooting came from swat because it was literally the only thing I played on reach besides zombies and firefight.

I was the same except for when they had awesome event game types like ninjanaut and juggernaut

First of all, I’d say it’s important to develop your awareness… use process of elimination, communication, and general map knowledge to understand where the enemy is at and where they will be going.

Develop your skills with ranged weapons to put shots on enemies at any and all times, when possible… do as much damage as you can. Position yourself in relatively protected positions, know your surroundings and limits, but keep as many open firing lanes and sight-lines open as possible. Put the shots on the enemy when you can, and call them out to teammates… easy assists and kills.

KDA is essentially your efficiency rating as a player… just make sure you’re putting yourself in good spots, don’t rush in when you shouldn’t be… know your limits as a player, relative to the enemy, and play accordingly. Sometimes you can play aggressive and straight up demolish the other team, but a lot of times you’ll find that you have to play a little more passive, or make sure you’re pushing with your teammates. Sometimes going on the flank pays off really nicely…

Just develop that Halo “intuition” I like to call it… Know the map, know the game, play for control over the map, and put shots into everything you can. You have to deal damage if you want a solid KDA.

Watch hcs or mlg

Halo is really heavily team based game.

First things first: You have to know how to aim and single player is good place to practise with high difficulty so you won’t get any KDA penalty for dying and you need to hit your shots to proceed on campaign.

Second: Know the maps! This is a huge factor cause this includes a knowledge of map on different game modes. Proximity made actually one good youtube video of spawns and how they work in differen’t game types. But to make this simple at this point: Basicly people are spawning 1st. closer the base they own (flag, stronghold etc.) 2nd. if these are full of enemies → They’re going to spawn somewhere in the map that is empty and no one watching there. This knowledge comes to you the more you play and it helps a lot to train the awarenes of where the enemies are.

Third: Stick with your team. Or to put it another way: Try not to get surrounded by enemies. The first comment “Halo is heavily team based game” stands for this and this is one huge thing you need to learn playing Halo. 2vs1 situations are so huge in this game and if you’re comfortable with you’re aim, try to get at least 1vs1 and not get over run by enemies.

Most important thing that I try to follow myself: TRY TO STAY ALIVE! When you’re staying alive, you are more likely to get help from your teammates and the kills will come. Hope this helps ya! By no means am I pro but I have at least 1.4 kda myself :slight_smile:

Whenever I start to suck, I hang back with a BR and pick people off as much as I can. I may not do much better, but my KDA usually thanks me for it.

Honestly? Pull back on Sprinting and don’t always be the first to fight. I hate to be this way but it’s not a horrible thing or a bad idea to let a more gung ho member go first. Stick with your allies, at least one other one at all times, but most importantly, stop sprinting as often as you think you need to.

My #1 advice would be don’t worry about your KDA. Your KDA isn’t a reflection on skill necessarily. But if you want to improve it you have to play a bit more conservatively. It may lead to a few more losses but not dying a lot can really help.

The best way is to play a lot so you learn how your opponents will behave and how you should behave. If you play frequently, you will also be able to be more accurate and have better knowledge how to navigate the maps.

Learn map rotations and try to predict what they do. Don’t worry about kda just focus on not dying and out smarting your opponents

You refer to being skilled as in having a high KDA. This is always a good start but in order to improve it you need to understand some level of spawning knowledge and team placement.

A lot of people will just tell you to get better at aiming and strafing, or even just simply ‘git gud’ which is entirely unconstructive.

You dont have to a high or even, even 1 KDA to be considered skilled. You just have to do something well. In your case, your goal is to be skilled at gunplay.

Play FFA to hone your individual skills.

Look at your game tapes by going back to theater and see what you did wrong. Come up with a solution to fix it. Also, look at what your opponent’s are doing right.

best way to improve your kda is to not care about kda, or how fast your improving, you just have to be in the moment, not critiquing yourself as your playing

the 6 big things that will make you improve (based on my gaming experience) is

1. always practice aim, in a match dont get flustered but try to hit all shots, with a snipe try to aim for the head but if not get a body. If you miss you miss, just dont psych yourself out, try to keep it on them, noticing how much distance players cover at all distances for all forms of movement and keeping your eye on how players move not how your reticule moves will help

2. learn the maps, the rhythm of the weapons and how they behave so you dont have to think about how to handle the situation, you have an answer to a problem not a question, to get there just play and ask questions through your gameplay, test map movement and all the weapons while in a game setting, that way you know how you can get punished, if you find something good keep that in your back pocket and keep testing, as you find better players you’ll find certain tactics reap less rewards, that’s the time to figure out how to come up with a way to beat their answer to your actions, cycle continues.

3. everything you choose to do is a decision, make some bold decisions and overstep your boundaries and see what you can get away with, when you see your gameplay as decisions not just gameplay you’ll start to take more onus and realise positioning errors or when your out of sync with your team. Dont critique or boss around during game, just make adjustments, the critique comes when you review footage, where you can get a third person perspective and aren’t in the moment, that way you’re level headed and can see your options for what you can do in the future.

4. make sure your having fun, if you aren’t having fun or it feels like work/a chore then you lose your focus, awareness and peak performance, do something unrelated to competing or improving, reset your mindset, warm up your hands, eat healthy, sleep right and then restart, if you start losing it’ll likely come in streaks and your performance and mindset will drop, always try to be playing at your best

5. always try to face better players, NBA pros didnt become pros by stomping scrubs, even if pro isn’t something you want to be, just to get better you have to keep facing players that test your limits and force you to ascend

6. practice practice practice