Advice: Take or Leave

Advice: take it or leave it

well, I have not posted in quite some time. However, from time to time I checked the forums. I have noticed some common practices done amongst the members of this forum that I wish to address.

First off, my view of Halo 4: while I think it is still fun to play, I think it is light years away from the old formula of Halo which drew me into playing this game pretty much exclusively since 2001. I have had my fair share of complaint threads on this site as well as others. I have expressed my opinion, like the rest of you, and hoped for changes since Halo reach. really quickly, some of those changes were the following:
no Sprint options, at least in custom, but it would be nice to have at least one playlist with no Sprint.
I wish for a return of de-scoping.
I wanted doubles, team slayer, snipers from the beginning and could not believe they weren’t all there.
etc etc, you get the point.

however, here’s my advice when it comes to the constant complaining on the forums:
— if you wish, I say go ahead and express your opinion and continue to do so but remember one thing: my advice is to not let your complaining be at the expense of your health. Also, perhaps beating a dead horse is not what will make changes occur. I do believe that this company 343 will not change halo ( at least in this Halo) back to its old roots.
**** and by the way, I’m not saying to get rid of any of the new game styles of Halo ( with Sprint, armor abilities, etc.). Even though I hate armor abilities and Sprint etc , I do not care if they remain as long as the classic Halo players have at least one or two playlist for themselves.

Even though classic changes have been requested by others and myself, I honestly don’t believe these changes will happen ( one or two playlists with classic, requests for other classic changes).

Conclusion: I believe large companies are driven mostly by money. Yes there are some people in companies who care about the product they put out but there are also those in companies who couldn’t care less and these people must be reached through alternate means and not by way of persuasion and pleading.

one of the biggest changes that can be made is not simply posting but rather not purchasing the products which one feels are heavily compromised. Buying a game on release or purchasing future map packs for that game will not spark any changes to occur since money is still coming in. arguments that are 100% backed up by facts or are written with perfect grammar, may not be enough to necessitate the need for changes.

As for me: I will continue to play Halo 4 as it was a gift and also because when I am bored I enjoy it. I do not enjoy it as much as previous halos and find myself quickly putting it back into the box after each play but it’s fun to some extent. Also, I will not purchase the current map pack, not to necessarily make a statement, but because I just don’t find this game as enjoyable as previous halos and especially do not care for the larger maps and vehicular combat. in the past I would immediately buy an Xbox over a PlayStation simply for the fact that Xbox had Halo. However, now that does not seem to be the case for me and it is unfortunate for Microsoft if there are many who share this opinion and may jump ship to buy a PlayStation.

TLDR: I’m just saying that go ahead and enjoy this game when you want and if you enjoy playing it from time to time do that, and if you like playing it all the time do that, that you hate it don’t play at all, etc. However, realize why 343 will most likely feel the need to make changes in their game. It does not seem to be for the forum members’ perfectly worded arguments but rather it profits drop. I myself am keeping my attention on many other games and not lingering on playing Halo solely for the fact that I’m deluding myself into thinking these changes will definitely happen. the changes may or may not happen and I currently feel no need to make any future arguments due to my words probably not making it into board meetings at 343. I believe this community has more than express their opinion on what needs to be changed and I do not believe the repetition of stating such opinions will speed up any thing at 343. Play the game if you like it but realize the reality of the situation and not what you hope it would be.

Really big point: Do not purchase Halo 5 if you are hoping that changes will be made down the line. Make sure those changes are made first and are available out of the box. This is my advice to you. Take it or Leave it.

anyway, happy gaming and if I’m playing don’t be afraid to drop me a friend request.

iiTheEmpireii

Great thread and i will not be purchasing any of the map packs after the castle 1 as i bought the legendary edition so automatically get it i dont think halo 5 will sell anywhere near as well as h4 as people will not be fooled by 343 lies twice in a row so unless 343 listen to the community and put changes we want in then halo 5 is destined to fail

personally the second destiny comes out i will be gone

> Great thread and i will not be purchasing any of the map packs after the castle 1 as i bought the legendary edition so automatically get it i dont think halo 5 will sell anywhere near as well as h4 as people will not be fooled by 343 lies twice in a row so unless 343 listen to the community and put changes we want in then halo 5 is destined to fail
>
> personally the second destiny comes out i will be gone

I don’t know why people who don’t enjoy the game and accuse 343 of ‘lying’ still frequent these forums. Surely there’s better things to do with your time than invest it in something you don’t even like or believe in anymore?

As for me, I think 343 are improving the game all the time and I appreciate the huge levels of support they’re putting into it post-launch.

They’ve got our money so why bother? Because they want the Halo franchise to continue being successful. I’m guessing Halo 5 will be even better than Halo 4 and I’ll be putting my pre-order in when I get the chance.

> > Great thread and i will not be purchasing any of the map packs after the castle 1 as i bought the legendary edition so automatically get it i dont think halo 5 will sell anywhere near as well as h4 as people will not be fooled by 343 lies twice in a row so unless 343 listen to the community and put changes we want in then halo 5 is destined to fail
> >
> > personally the second destiny comes out i will be gone
>
> <mark>I don’t know why people who don’t enjoy the game and accuse 343 of ‘lying’ still frequent these forums.</mark> Surely there’s better things to do with your time than invest it in something you don’t even like or believe in anymore?
>
> As for me, I think 343 are improving the game all the time and I appreciate the huge levels of support they’re putting into it post-launch.
>
> They’ve got our money so why bother? Because they want the Halo franchise to continue being successful. I’m guessing Halo 5 will be even better than Halo 4 and I’ll be putting my pre-order in when I get the chance.

I posted this in another thread:

I stopped playing H4 within the first month or so. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I come here during slow periods at work to commiserate with like-minded Halo fans also saddened by this heresy.
It’s not all doom and gloom, though. As a long-time Halo fan reading about how most people are displeased with H4 makes me optimistic that H5 will be more faithful to Halo’s roots. This cheers me up.
When you look at it like this, why wouldn’t I come to the forums?

> > > Great thread and i will not be purchasing any of the map packs after the castle 1 as i bought the legendary edition so automatically get it i dont think halo 5 will sell anywhere near as well as h4 as people will not be fooled by 343 lies twice in a row so unless 343 listen to the community and put changes we want in then halo 5 is destined to fail
> > >
> > > personally the second destiny comes out i will be gone
> >
> > <mark>I don’t know why people who don’t enjoy the game and accuse 343 of ‘lying’ still frequent these forums.</mark> Surely there’s better things to do with your time than invest it in something you don’t even like or believe in anymore?
> >
> > As for me, I think 343 are improving the game all the time and I appreciate the huge levels of support they’re putting into it post-launch.
> >
> > They’ve got our money so why bother? Because they want the Halo franchise to continue being successful. I’m guessing Halo 5 will be even better than Halo 4 and I’ll be putting my pre-order in when I get the chance.
>
> I posted this in another thread:
>
> I stopped playing H4 within the first month or so. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I come here during slow periods at work to commiserate with like-minded Halo fans also saddened by this heresy.
> It’s not all doom and gloom, though. As a long-time Halo fan reading about how most people are displeased with H4 makes me optimistic that H5 will be more faithful to Halo’s roots. This cheers me up.
> When you look at it like this, why wouldn’t I come to the forums?

I understand people making posts full of constructive criticism - that’s a good thing and will help the game improve and I’m all for it.

It’s the posts like the one I quoted I don’t understand - they don’t really help at all and I don’t see the point in them.

Still, I won’t say anymore on the subject since I think commenting on other people’s comments/views of the game rather than the game itself isn’t allowed (I think).