Advice, opinions & points of views needed.

This came into my head yesterday.

I have been playing Halo single player since CE.
Unfortunately didn’t get into MP untill halfway through reach.

I went back and played a lot of Halo 3 but from what I have read at its peek was amazing.
I totally missed Halo2 I was just happy playing single player games so never jumped on the online bandwagon (what a mistake).

My point is from what I read in articles and on these forums is Halo 2 & 3 were Halo at its best and I missed most of it :frowning:

Now I have also played all the cod campaigns and have recently tried COD MP but not really played mor than 2 hours.
I mostly play Halo4 because this is the first Halo MP I have been a part of from launch and want to be part of a halo game at its peek but there seem to be a lot of hate towards H4.
I enjoy playing H4 65% of the time and even I can see there are things that need fixing.

My final point is am I missing out on other FPS at their peek because of my want to be part of halo? Will halo 4 get better? And was there this amount of problems with Halo 2 or Halo 3 at launch???

Sorry for any typos I’m on my phone.

DropTheDime69

In every games there is some people that are unhappy about something.
Halo 4 will not getting better because people has no patience to wait some improvements and there are so many games to play right now if you compare the same period of 2008, where Halo 3 was launched.
Also it is different the approach of the software houses that they believe in their games and do not launch DLCs every 2 months.
Halo 4 is a good games: it is very different from Halo 3, it is different from Halo: reach, there is something that needs to be fix, but whatever.
The game is fun. :smiley:

> This came into my head yesterday.
>
> I have been playing Halo single player since CE.
> Unfortunately didn’t get into MP untill halfway through reach.
>
> I went back and played a lot of Halo 3 but from what I have read at its peek was amazing.
> I totally missed Halo2 I was just happy playing single player games so never jumped on the online bandwagon (what a mistake).
>
> My point is from what I read in articles and on these forums is Halo 2 & 3 were Halo at its best and I missed most of it :frowning:
>
> Now I have also played all the cod campaigns and have recently tried COD MP but not really played mor than 2 hours.
> I mostly play Halo4 because this is the first Halo MP I have been a part of from launch and want to be part of a halo game at its peek but there seem to be a lot of hate towards H4.
> I enjoy playing H4 65% of the time and even I can see there are things that need fixing.
>
> My final point is am I missing out on other FPS at their peek because of my want to be part of halo? Will halo 4 get better? And was there this amount of problems with Halo 2 or Halo 3 at launch???
>
> Sorry for any typos I’m on my phone.
>
> DropTheDime69

Every game has had issues at launch. Multiplayer will always have issues.

But did H2, H3 or even Reach have as many issues as H4? Not a chance.

H4 is so vastly different, and that is where the problem lies. H2 and H3, the core of the game was still there. No sprint, loadouts, ordnance, jetpacks, spawning with power weapons, bloom, none of this nonsense that makes game play random and silly/cod-esque. There were fun game types (race, etc) and grifball and Team Snipers, Doubles, etc.

The reason H4 is getting as much (and it’s justified) hate as it is, lies in the fact that the game is no longer Halo. The only thing that’s even remotely Halo about it is the title on the box.

Most of the hate that you see on this forum is from old school players who have been jumping around and shooting people in the head online since H2. They don’t like the abomination that 343 has created, and rightly so. The current multiplayer is nothing like it used to be, and a total disaster/failure of an attempt to lure CoD kids in search of fast kill times, easy-to-use weapons and so forth.

Many have flat out lost their mind, sold their H4, because the reality is 343 has warped the game beyond repair. Loadouts, ordnance, spawning with power weapons, permanent sprint, promethean vision … very little of this can be adjusted without further ruining an already unbalanced and random mess of game play/experience.

I hate to say it my friend, but the experience has virtually hit rock bottom as we speak. And the online populace reflects that. The only reason this game remains Top 5 in XBL population is because of the Tournament going on right now. Numbers will probably nose dive once that’s over with.

The good news, if any at all? Uh … maybe someone else has some they can think of … ?

I know what you’re saying and I agree with most the issues people raise it just saddens me to think I missed Halo’s hay day.
I’m gonna continue playing a while longer an see what the TU update has in store, but from what I have read its mainly spartan ops and forge maps which will be good but won’t change how the game plays I suppose.

Then after that I think ill go back to single player games and drop into Halo3 every now and then.