Advice for "Unstoppable' commendation

Hey everybody,

Just looking for any advice on getting that unstoppable commendation as it’s my final arena comm and I am just about to finish the 4th level. Specifically, I am wondering if there are any particular maps and tricks to staying alive the whole round.

I have discovered that the commendation is progressable even in a loss, so I have taken that staying back with precision weapons is the best option and selfishly/cowardly hiding and accepting the opponents capturing the flag is the best bet, although I have found that relying on the ladder method will almost always result in some spectator getting frustrated and team killing me on the final round…sometimes justifiably (although sometimes even when they have less kills than me, much frustration on that front but that’s just a side vent).

I actually love breakout so I wouldn’t mind just grinding it out overtime, but because its has such a ridiculously low xp turnout (I would be near 152 if I spent the time time invested in playing breakout on FF instead, but that’s another vent for separate topic) I would like to spend as little time as possible on it now that I just want to mop up comms and get to max rank before infinite is released. So, if there are any spartans out there who also like breakout and want to party up please let me know as I would love to reduce the chances of those team kills which is my primary barrier atm. I promise I’m a chill squad mate despite my current tryhard/completionist approach towards the game.

I actually got most of mine by playing Mantis Breakout when it was a more common game type in Action Sack. It is much easier to stay alive for all of the rounds (assuming you have a competent team backing you up). However, it is considerably rarer now that they added more game modes to Action Sack.

I don’t know how possible it is without going in with a full team though. Pretty much all of my standard Breakout progress was because I went in with a squad of 4.

> 2806037446402987;2:
> I actually got most of mine by playing Mantis Breakout when it was a more common game type in Action Sack. It is much easier to stay alive for all of the rounds (assuming you have a competent team backing you up). However, it is considerably rarer now that they added more game modes to Action Sack.
>
> I don’t know how possible it is without going in with a full team though. Pretty much all of my standard Breakout progress was because I went in with a squad of 4.

Oh wow, I completely forgot about mantis breakout. That was a great variant, many fond memories so I’m sad that it’s so rare now. I often play late at night when elimination can become pretty dead so it wouldnt hurt to carry it up with some action sack.

I’ve also come to accept the importance of your second point as well; it seems doingo elimination playlist solo is just asking for a bad time nowadays. Hopefully I can find a fun squad, if just to get rid of the team killers who’ve already gotten me far too many times already.

> 2533274841519598;1:
> Hey everybody,
>
> Just looking for any advice on getting that unstoppable commendation as it’s my final arena comm and I am just about to finish the 4th level. Specifically, I am wondering if there are any particular maps and tricks to staying alive the whole round.
>
> I have discovered that the commendation is progressable even in a loss, so I have taken that staying back with precision weapons is the best option and selfishly/cowardly hiding and accepting the opponents capturing the flag is the best bet, although I have found that relying on the ladder method will almost always result in some spectator getting frustrated and team killing me on the final round…sometimes justifiably (although sometimes even when they have less kills than me, much frustration on that front but that’s just a side vent).
>
> I actually love breakout so I wouldn’t mind just grinding it out overtime, but because its has such a ridiculously low xp turnout (I would be near 152 if I spent the time time invested in playing breakout on FF instead, but that’s another vent for separate topic) I would like to spend as little time as possible on it now that I just want to mop up comms and get to max rank before infinite is released. So, if there are any spartans out there who also like breakout and want to party up please let me know as I would love to reduce the chances of those team kills which is my primary barrier atm. I promise I’m a chill squad mate despite my current tryhard/completionist approach towards the game.

I’m down to run some games with you, as I am also grinding out the last few commendations. Whenever you’re on, just hit me up and we can get tons of Immortals.

> 2533274841519598;1:
> Hey everybody,
>
> Just looking for any advice on getting that unstoppable commendation as it’s my final arena comm and I am just about to finish the 4th level. Specifically, I am wondering if there are any particular maps and tricks to staying alive the whole round.

Some specific tips for certain maps that might be useful:

Trench: Probably not going to get immort unless playing with a squad, no good hiding spots so try to win/lose as fast as possible.

Trident: Push immediately for the hydra launcher on the side opposite of the flag. Pre-aim at the far side of the hall and throw a nade as soon as you round the corner. To get there as fast as possible use a boost slide off landing and then another as soon as it recharges - if you don’t know how to do that I’d recommend looking it up. Once you get the hydra there is a little campy spot to jump to close by. I’ll try to include a recording of what I mean later when I can make one.

Trident 2.0: Same strategy as Trident.

Gambol 2.0: Run for the dmr and splinter grenade. Pick it up, and then go back to your flag delivery spot. Camp on that platform and snipe the enemies.

Altitude: Run forward like you’re pushing for the flag. before you reach the platform holding the flag turn right and jump to a little ledge. Almost no one knows about that spot and you can easily camp there. You are also able to jump to an out-of-map spot, there’s a death timer but it gives you a momentary height advantage if needed.

halo 5 altitude map - Bing images - BingThis is a google image that shows the spot I’m talking about. It is above the “I” in Altitude and has three white lights in it.

Altitude 2.0: When you land run to the left, and go up the lift. Don’t move forward/pick up the dmr because the enemy will be able to see you. Turn to your right. There will be a ledge that goes slightly around the corner of the wall. Stand on that with your shotgun and take out anyone who walks around the corner.

Canal: Go for the scattershot and then camp in the tunnel underneath the hydra. Don’t go for invis because the enemy will eventually kill you even if you are successful the first time or two. The time to kill is too short to manage to get behind cover if they start shooting at you.

Crossfire: Probably not going to get immort unless playing with a squad, no good hiding spots so try to win/lose as fast as possible.

Crossfire 2.0: There are three options on this map. The first one is to hide at spawn. There are little nooks in the side of the walls for you. The second one is to go for the BR and then jump to the overlook. You can snipe people from there, but there is little cover so be careful. The last option is to just camp at BR spawn.

High-rise: Go to BR spawn. When you get there turn left and clamber up the pillar. Camp at the top of that, you can snipe people but again, little cover so be careful. The advantage you get is height.

Trench 2.0: Go for the dmr and then camp in that overlook spot. You can snipe the opponents and you have a clear view on the flag to protect it if that is your goal.

**Extermination:**Useless. Almost never going to get an immortal, finish the games as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Overall, I would recommend not hiding in the back. That will guarantee a loss and result in a teammate killing you most of the time. What you want to do is get in an easily defensible spot and try to get kills while not letting them sneak up on you.

Example: The dmr spawn on Trench 2.0. It allows you to actively participate in the game/help your teammates and since the opponents have to clamber twice in order to reach you it is easy to pull out your shotgun for a quick kill.

> 2535446783090665;5:
> > 2533274841519598;1:
> > Hey everybody,
> >
> > Just looking for any advice on getting that unstoppable commendation as it’s my final arena comm and I am just about to finish the 4th level. Specifically, I am wondering if there are any particular maps and tricks to staying alive the whole round.
>
> Some specific tips for certain maps that might be useful:
>
> Trench: Probably not going to get immort unless playing with a squad, no good hiding spots so try to win/lose as fast as possible.
>
> Trident: Push immediately for the hydra launcher on the side opposite of the flag. Pre-aim at the far side of the hall and throw a nade as soon as you round the corner. To get there as fast as possible use a boost slide off landing and then another as soon as it recharges - if you don’t know how to do that I’d recommend looking it up. Once you get the hydra there is a little campy spot to jump to close by. I’ll try to include a recording of what I mean later when I can make one.
>
> Trident 2.0: Same strategy as Trident.
>
> Gambol 2.0: Run for the dmr and splinter grenade. Pick it up, and then go back to your flag delivery spot. Camp on that platform and snipe the enemies.
>
> Altitude: Run forward like you’re pushing for the flag. before you reach the platform holding the flag turn right and jump to a little ledge. Almost no one knows about that spot and you can easily camp there. You are also able to jump to an out-of-map spot, there’s a death timer but it gives you a momentary height advantage if needed.
> halo 5 altitude map - Bing images - BingThis is a google image that shows the spot I’m talking about. It is above the “I” in Altitude and has three white lights in it.
>
> Altitude 2.0: When you land run to the left, and go up the lift. Don’t move forward/pick up the dmr because the enemy will be able to see you. Turn to your right. There will be a ledge that goes slightly around the corner of the wall. Stand on that with your shotgun and take out anyone who walks around the corner.
>
> Canal: Go for the scattershot and then camp in the tunnel underneath the hydra. Don’t go for invis because the enemy will eventually kill you even if you are successful the first time or two. The time to kill is too short to manage to get behind cover if they start shooting at you.
>
> Crossfire: Probably not going to get immort unless playing with a squad, no good hiding spots so try to win/lose as fast as possible.
>
> Crossfire 2.0: There are three options on this map. The first one is to hide at spawn. There are little nooks in the side of the walls for you. The second one is to go for the BR and then jump to the overlook. You can snipe people from there, but there is little cover so be careful. The last option is to just camp at BR spawn.
>
> High-rise: Go to BR spawn. When you get there turn left and clamber up the pillar. Camp at the top of that, you can snipe people but again, little cover so be careful. The advantage you get is height.
>
> Trench 2.0: Go for the dmr and then camp in that overlook spot. You can snipe the opponents and you have a clear view on the flag to protect it if that is your goal.
>
> **Extermination:**Useless. Almost never going to get an immortal, finish the games as quickly as possible.
>
> Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Absolutely beautiful. If I could give your answer a thousand heart votes I would, thanks so much for this.

Also Mordorsam, I will definitely squad up with you almost any day SundayS-Wednesdays! On other days I may be available as well but less frequently, today may work but I’ll get into more details with you over xbox in the next hour or so.

> 2533274841519598;1:
> Absolutely beautiful. If I could give your answer a thousand heart votes I would, thanks so much for this.
>
> Also Mordorsam, I will definitely squad up with you almost any day Sundays-Wednesdays! On other days I may be available as well but less frequently, today may work but I’ll get into more details with you over xbox in the next hour or so.

Here’s a clip of what I mean for the Trident strat:

https://gameclipscontent-d3001.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535446783090665-private/88bb34f7-461b-4f5c-bba3-9cbdc5c0e332.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=gHMV2aaHHaH4Wdm1uxCMgYXgdWT2Jz6kw6OtrBYoN%2F8%3D&gda=1617330206_d4af4fdbeae39dcff3526902c9133593If you could ignore the first part that’d be great :slight_smile:

> 2533274841519598;7:
> > 2535446783090665;5:
> > > 2533274841519598;1:
> > > Hey everybody,
> > >
> > > Just looking for any advice on getting that unstoppable commendation as it’s my final arena comm and I am just about to finish the 4th level. Specifically, I am wondering if there are any particular maps and tricks to staying alive the whole round.
> >
> > Some specific tips for certain maps that might be useful:
> >
> > Trench: Probably not going to get immort unless playing with a squad, no good hiding spots so try to win/lose as fast as possible.
> >
> > Trident: Push immediately for the hydra launcher on the side opposite of the flag. Pre-aim at the far side of the hall and throw a nade as soon as you round the corner. To get there as fast as possible use a boost slide off landing and then another as soon as it recharges - if you don’t know how to do that I’d recommend looking it up. Once you get the hydra there is a little campy spot to jump to close by. I’ll try to include a recording of what I mean later when I can make one.
> >
> > Trident 2.0: Same strategy as Trident.
> >
> > Gambol 2.0: Run for the dmr and splinter grenade. Pick it up, and then go back to your flag delivery spot. Camp on that platform and snipe the enemies.
> >
> > Altitude: Run forward like you’re pushing for the flag. before you reach the platform holding the flag turn right and jump to a little ledge. Almost no one knows about that spot and you can easily camp there. You are also able to jump to an out-of-map spot, there’s a death timer but it gives you a momentary height advantage if needed.
> > halo 5 altitude map - Bing images - BingThis is a google image that shows the spot I’m talking about. It is above the “I” in Altitude and has three white lights in it.
> >
> > Altitude 2.0: When you land run to the left, and go up the lift. Don’t move forward/pick up the dmr because the enemy will be able to see you. Turn to your right. There will be a ledge that goes slightly around the corner of the wall. Stand on that with your shotgun and take out anyone who walks around the corner.
> >
> > Canal: Go for the scattershot and then camp in the tunnel underneath the hydra. Don’t go for invis because the enemy will eventually kill you even if you are successful the first time or two. The time to kill is too short to manage to get behind cover if they start shooting at you.
> >
> > Crossfire: Probably not going to get immort unless playing with a squad, no good hiding spots so try to win/lose as fast as possible.
> >
> > Crossfire 2.0: There are three options on this map. The first one is to hide at spawn. There are little nooks in the side of the walls for you. The second one is to go for the BR and then jump to the overlook. You can snipe people from there, but there is little cover so be careful. The last option is to just camp at BR spawn.
> >
> > High-rise: Go to BR spawn. When you get there turn left and clamber up the pillar. Camp at the top of that, you can snipe people but again, little cover so be careful. The advantage you get is height.
> >
> > Trench 2.0: Go for the dmr and then camp in that overlook spot. You can snipe the opponents and you have a clear view on the flag to protect it if that is your goal.
> >
> > **Extermination:**Useless. Almost never going to get an immortal, finish the games as quickly as possible.
> >
> > Hope this helps :slight_smile:
>
> Absolutely beautiful. If I could give your answer a thousand heart votes I would, thanks so much for this.
>
> Also Mordorsam, I will definitely squad up with you almost any day SundayS-Wednesdays! On other days I may be available as well but less frequently, today may work but I’ll get into more details with you over xbox in the next hour or so.

For sure my man, just add me and hit me up at any point and we can coordinate some games!

> 2535446783090665;8:
> > 2533274841519598;1:
> > Absolutely beautiful. If I could give your answer a thousand heart votes I would, thanks so much for this.
> >
> > Also Mordorsam, I will definitely squad up with you almost any day Sundays-Wednesdays! On other days I may be available as well but less frequently, today may work but I’ll get into more details with you over xbox in the next hour or so.
>
> Here’s a clip of what I mean for the Trident strat:
> https://gameclipscontent-d3001.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535446783090665-private/88bb34f7-461b-4f5c-bba3-9cbdc5c0e332.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=gHMV2aaHHaH4Wdm1uxCMgYXgdWT2Jz6kw6OtrBYoN%2F8%3D&gda=1617330206_d4af4fdbeae39dcff3526902c9133593If you could ignore the first part that’d be great :slight_smile:

Right on, thanks again.