Advice for playing SWAT with DMR?

I’ve been trying rank up in SWAT, but for the life of me can’t get down DMR games. I’m good for usually 12-15, sometimes more sometimes less with BR and the different magnums.

It’s gotten so bad that’s lastat game I basically played hide out from the other team because I didn’t want to mess it up for my team.

I’ve read some good stuff in regards to BR and Magnum, but the hopping around doesn’t seem to work as well. I’m usually on a lower setting, should I raise it up a little? Zoom, or no zoom like with the others? Any help would be appreciated.

With the DMR I usually don’t zoom I at all unless they are literally across the map. That’s usually what works for me, along with about 3 sensitivity. But most players have their own way. I just know I don’t zoom in as much if at all with the DMR like I do with BR and magnum.

There’s not really a solution besides just playing a ton with the dmr and getting a feel for it. There’s always going to be a gun that either just doesn’t work for you or you are really good at - I actually have this problem with the CE pistol, but love the dmr. My advice would be to change your playstyle to a more reserved, defensive type. Don’t push around corners, and hold down one area of the map that you know very well so that you have the advantage in 1v1’s.

Personally, I am terrible with the DMR for SWAT. It normally takes the first 1/3rd of the match for me to find a rhythm with it and hopefully pull even with my deaths.

Like others have said, playing defensively is the way to go. Move after getting a kill, but don’t rely on twitch reflexes, and let the other team come to you. I find that I can’t do much at close range so I stick to medium distance for my engagements.

What helps me is thinking it’s the longer ranged magnum. So I try to play to range with it rather than run up and 1v1 everyone. It’s a lot of predicting where the enemy is going to be but it seemed to work for me.

I appreciate the feedback. I guess I’m too used to using the BR and Halo 1 pistol and am expecting the same results with an entirely different weapon.

Only question I have is, do those who do well I. SWAT with the DMR stay on the ground or spring jump around? That was the one trick that helped me get better using the BR and Pistol depending on map.

> 2535406939316139;6:
> I appreciate the feedback. I guess I’m too used to using the BR and Halo 1 pistol and am expecting the same results with an entirely different weapon.
>
> Only question I have is, do those who do well I. SWAT with the DMR stay on the ground or spring jump around? That was the one trick that helped me get better using the BR and Pistol depending on map.

In general I find that making yourself a bigger, more obvious target is going to get you killed 99% of the time. Move fast and stay low to the ground if you are moving in places with little cover (sprint + slide). My guess is that the advice to jump around all the time is to gain a little bit of higher ground over the opponent, although in my experience this actually doesn’t work in most cases.

The times you should jump are when the enemy does not know where you are and you are relatively close to them - like when they enter a room and you are by the doorway (although not close enough for them to get a melee trade). Doing this makes them shoot at your feet and body allowing you to land the first headshot.

The reason jumping does not work at any distance farther than close range is because jumping doesn’t significantly alter the distance between their sight and your head. It would require just a slight adjustment to account for that movement - and now they know where you are and your head is exposed long enough for the enemy to fire several shots.

You have to remember jumping around will yes, make yourself harder to be predicted by the enemy when they round a corner or even camp, since they expect the head a certain level, but since you’re jumping around, you will also have to make an extra adjustment to correct your “view” towards your enemies. I’ve seen a mix of hardcore jumpers (and really good at that) and some who do it occasionally/sparingly/none at all (only to go up ledges). Gotta tell you it’s annoying to fight jumpers, but it makes me zone into the game even more.

Ah you know what, I’m not the best obviously but I can hold my own most of the time I suppose so not even sure if I’m helping at all. It really just comes down to playing more and feeling out the DMR. I rarely scope, only really like long distance.

> 2533274828524404;8:
> You have to remember jumping around will yes, make yourself harder to be predicted by the enemy when they round a corner or even camp, since they expect the head a certain level, but since you’re jumping around, you will also have to make an extra adjustment to correct your “view” towards your enemies. I’ve seen a mix of hardcore jumpers (and really good at that) and some who do it occasionally/sparingly/none at all (only to go up ledges). Gotta tell you it’s annoying to fight jumpers, but it makes me zone into the game even more.
>
> Ah you know what, I’m not the best obviously but I can hold my own most of the time I suppose so not even sure if I’m helping at all. It really just comes down to playing more and feeling out the DMR. I rarely scope, only really like long distance.

Your comment genuinely has me laughing beyond belief. I went and looked at your profile, and 23 CSR in SWAT is your highest rating. You’re right Rav3n in that you are not the best, just at one point in the best 25 in SWAT.

I truly appreciate the advice from everyone, even Rav3n who doesn’t know the difference between a DMR and the energy sword. I took everyone’s advice and spent time in custom games by myself and with a friend to just get more comfortable and am happy to say I’m slowly getting better. Even managed to go 25-3 in a DMR game. Honestly wasn’t the toughest competition, but I was at least able to hit my shots when presented an opportunity.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the tips, and I’ll keep plugging along and hopefully will be at least comfortable playing ranked matches without worrying about bringing the team down.