Advertising Prefabs and maps?

I quit this game for 5 months and came back to see what changed, i was disappointed with the BR change, but that’s not the point. I really came back because of forge, and my prefabs. I looked at my bookmarks and i wished more people could see them beyond 13 tags, because i put my work and creativity for the community and the community isn’t there because they don’t know i’m there to provide them with useful prefabs. I hope in the next weeks the devs can find a way to advertise creativity. Everyone’s first thought for advertising is: Youtube, Youtube, Youtube. But Youtube isn’t ad-friendly. I think of a board with the most recent prefabs within the last hour or so that can be voted on to be on a bigger page for more people to see.

Why are looking for a huge profit when going to YouTube anyways? The profit should just be extra. The people who start YouTube for money rather than passion always make inferior content compared to those who do it because it’s their passion.

If you don’t want to use YouTube, use Twitter and reach out to the forge guys.

> 2535455681930574;2:
> Why are looking for a huge profit when going to YouTube anyways? The profit should just be extra. The people who start YouTube for money rather than passion always make inferior content compared to those who do it because it’s their passion.
>
> If you don’t want to use YouTube, use Twitter and reach out to the forge guys.

i mean like, the entire halo community, good idea

> 2533274990738488;3:
> > 2535455681930574;2:
> > Why are looking for a huge profit when going to YouTube anyways? The profit should just be extra. The people who start YouTube for money rather than passion always make inferior content compared to those who do it because it’s their passion.
> >
> > If you don’t want to use YouTube, use Twitter and reach out to the forge guys.
>
> i mean like, the entire halo community, good idea

If you reach it out to the Forge guys like Forge Hub or Forge Labs and they like it, they’ll put it on their YouTube channel.

> 2535455681930574;4:
> > 2533274990738488;3:
> > > 2535455681930574;2:
> > > Why are looking for a huge profit when going to YouTube anyways? The profit should just be extra. The people who start YouTube for money rather than passion always make inferior content compared to those who do it because it’s their passion.
> > >
> > > If you don’t want to use YouTube, use Twitter and reach out to the forge guys.
> >
> > i mean like, the entire halo community, good idea
>
> If you reach it out to the Forge guys like Forge Hub or Forge Labs and they like it, they’ll put it on their YouTube channel.

i’ll try it

Publish your fabs yourself on reddit halo and forge (r/halo and r/forge). You can use Forgehub.com to make official posts that contain pictures, details, and links to the files on your waypoint account. That’d be the best way to get your content out there. From there you can then boost your own youtube viewership, if that’s your end goal.

> 2533274831077797;6:
> Publish your fabs yourself on reddit halo and forge (r/halo and r/forge). You can use Forgehub.com to make official posts that contain pictures, details, and links to the files on your waypoint account. That’d be the best way to get your content out there. From there you can then boost your own youtube viewership, if that’s your end goal.

So i doing that since you posted and i know advertising takes time, but some of the things i make take up to 12 hours of work. Like my map Hypergrowth, i would like it to be in matchmaking, but no one can see it and i don’t know who to test it with. I had a modern TV prefab and i thought a lot of people could use it and only 6 people bookmarked it , and i know there are a lot of people who could use that but they can’t see it. Ive tried sharing pictures of my prefabs to Xbox clubs but the don’t help. I’ve reached out to Forge Labs on theirr Youtube, they didn’t respond and it’s been 3 days.

If you don’t mind me asking, but what do you find disappointing with the BR changes, if we are talking about the same BR version?

> 2533274932880533;8:
> If you don’t mind me asking, but what do you find disappointing with the BR changes, if we are talking about the same BR version?

Might wanna leave your thoughts in this thread here, not in one discussing prefabs and maps made in Forge.

> 2535429593088083;9:
> Might wanna leave your thoughts in this thread here, not in one discussing prefabs and maps made in Forge.

Yeah, I know but I was asking the OP specifically and if they said yes then I would ask if the discussion could be moved to DMs so as not to clutter this thread.

> 2533274990738488;7:
> > 2533274831077797;6:
> > Publish your fabs yourself on reddit halo and forge (r/halo and r/forge). You can use Forgehub.com to make official posts that contain pictures, details, and links to the files on your waypoint account. That’d be the best way to get your content out there. From there you can then boost your own youtube viewership, if that’s your end goal.
>
> So i doing that since you posted and i know advertising takes time, but some of the things i make take up to 12 hours of work. Like my map Hypergrowth, i would like it to be in matchmaking, but no one can see it and i don’t know who to test it with. I had a modern TV prefab and i thought a lot of people could use it and only 6 people bookmarked it , and i know there are a lot of people who could use that but they can’t see it. Ive tried sharing pictures of my prefabs to Xbox clubs but the don’t help. I’ve reached out to Forge Labs on theirr Youtube, they didn’t respond and it’s been 3 days.

Getting featured isn’t really possible in the way it was before since people like Forgelabs have taken a pseudo break from posting so much Halo related content; the output that it takes from a channel like that to create Halo content makes it not worth really it right now since the population regarding Forge and Custom Content is virtually nonexistent. The Custom Browser launching broken, and breaking the bookmark system and most popular content systems, certainly made it impossible for creators to effectively share quality content and get exposure on their own. The ‘game’ now is quality, then consistency, and most certainly a whole lot of patience. Only other Forgers are going to appreciate your content at this point, certainly not the children playing the game now who have no clue how to Forge or even search for prefabs to help them Forge, and we are few and far in between.

As far as matchmaking and getting features are concerned, you should slow down on that a bit. There are too many Forgers who just, out of the gate, think their content is ready for the gambit of challenges that are presented to them to get their content shared on a mass scale like that. You really need to be a master Forger, or have the support of one, because any bit of frame drop, sloppy Forging or object placement inconsistency, or generally poor Forging will immediately throw you out of the running for consideration; most people aren’t doing enough due diligence on their maps (12hours Forging is light work; 100+ hours are put into many MM quality maps and that’s understating the time spent fine tuning after time spent on just map completion).

TLDR; Despite your skill, you’re too late for the type of recognition you deserve. All Halo youtubers who were heavy into Custom content have since waned the amount of content they themselves create based on Prefabs and cool Custom Games/Gametypes. To get something into MM you need to put 100+ hours of work into creating, testing, and refitting your content to the MM standard. To be a Forger now and want any type of recognition for skilled work will require much work from the Forger, patience, and some luck.

> 2533274831077797;11:
> > 2533274990738488;7:
> > > 2533274831077797;6:
> > > Publish your fabs yourself on reddit halo and forge (r/halo and r/forge). You can use Forgehub.com to make official posts that contain pictures, details, and links to the files on your waypoint account. That’d be the best way to get your content out there. From there you can then boost your own youtube viewership, if that’s your end goal.
> >
> > So i doing that since you posted and i know advertising takes time, but some of the things i make take up to 12 hours of work. Like my map Hypergrowth, i would like it to be in matchmaking, but no one can see it and i don’t know who to test it with. I had a modern TV prefab and i thought a lot of people could use it and only 6 people bookmarked it , and i know there are a lot of people who could use that but they can’t see it. Ive tried sharing pictures of my prefabs to Xbox clubs but the don’t help. I’ve reached out to Forge Labs on theirr Youtube, they didn’t respond and it’s been 3 days.
>
> Getting featured isn’t really possible in the way it was before since people like Forgelabs have taken a pseudo break from posting so much Halo related content; the output that it takes from a channel like that to create Halo content makes it not worth really it right now since the population regarding Forge and Custom Content is virtually nonexistent. The Custom Browser launching broken, and breaking the bookmark system and most popular content systems, certainly made it impossible for creators to effectively share quality content and get exposure on their own. The ‘game’ now is quality, then consistency, and most certainly a whole lot of patience. Only other Forgers are going to appreciate your content at this point, certainly not the children playing the game now who have no clue how to Forge or even search for prefabs to help them Forge, and we are few and far in between.
>
> As far as matchmaking and getting features are concerned, you should slow down on that a bit. There are too many Forgers who just, out of the gate, think their content is ready for the gambit of challenges that are presented to them to get their content shared on a mass scale like that. You really need to be a master Forger, or have the support of one, because any bit of frame drop, sloppy Forging or object placement inconsistency, or generally poor Forging will immediately throw you out of the running for consideration; most people aren’t doing enough due diligence on their maps (12hours Forging is light work; 100+ hours are put into many MM quality maps and that’s understating the time spent fine tuning after time spent on just map completion).
>
> TLDR; Despite your skill, you’re too late for the type of recognition you deserve. All Halo youtubers who were heavy into Custom content have since waned the amount of content they themselves create based on Prefabs and cool Custom Games/Gametypes. To get something into MM you need to put 100+ hours of work into creating, testing, and refitting your content to the MM standard. To be a Forger now and want any type of recognition for skilled work will require much work from the Forger, patience, and some luck.

I understand you completely, I will never understand the mindset of 343. But i can still manage.