advancement vs classic. what is bad advancement?

It’s my opinion that most debates over halo 5 come down to this. The series is going to change a bit and it’s perfectly fine as long as it adds to the game. Sprinting and smart scope are probably the two biggest. They’re staying within the established lore of the halo universe and as long as they do that I’m comfortable. In case you disagree then you have 4 halo games to play in all their glory with MCC, whenever that gets fixed. Theyre catering to all fans.

Except for the colored body suits. Bring back the black body suits. Seriously. Spartans look like colorful power rangers.

But aren’t Power Rangers already colourful?

> 2533274807529575;2:
> But aren’t Power Rangers already colourful?

lol

> 2533274807529575;2:
> But aren’t Power Rangers already colourful?

Lol very true

“Halo 4: Return of the Power Rangers,
Now more colorful than ever”

If it is more colourful than a Power Ranger…

Is it a Power Ranger any more?

SMH Maybe people want 343 to go back to classic Halo so our favorite gaming franchise doesn’t die? Obviously I have the broke -Yoink- MCC to play if Halo 5 fails but if halo 5 faisl then Halo is basically going to die. Reach was a knockout punch, Halo 4 induced a coma, and if Halo 5 fails then it will pull the plug. Sprint, AAs, Spartanchatter, ADS, large maps, etc WILL KILL HALO. To think otherwise is delsuional. I mean do you even watch popualtion charts? Since the indtroduction of Sprint and AAs Halos popualtion in Halo 3 went from hundreds of thousands every single night to currently only a few thousand playing halo 4.

People liked halo when it was a classic Arena shooter with no sprint, no AAs, and no Call of Duty crap. If people want to play a game with sprint and ADS they are going to play Call of Duty not Halo 5

Halo 3 and CE had large maps. Big team battle only improves the great variety that is halo multiplayer.

I don’t think the problem is Advancement vs. Classic, I believe the problem is advancement in the WRONG direction. Not saying Halo 5 is gonna suck, it’s not even out yet, but I’m sure anyone that reads this will get what I mean.

> 2533274832368555;9:
> I don’t think the problem is Advancement vs. Classic, I believe the problem is advancement in the WRONG direction. Not saying Halo 5 is gonna suck, it’s not even out yet, but I’m sure anyone that reads with this get what I mean.

That’s a great point. I haven’t seen anything so far that makes me feel they’re moving in the wrong direction. That said, I’m open to an education. I’m going to go look up what spart an chatter is but other than that I’m caught up on all the additions. I will say that I think the thrusters and ground pound are wrong.

343 are making Halo like the other FPS games that’s advancement in the wrong direction. If 343 want to make a good Halo game they need to make it unique amongst all other games because that is what it was in the first place.

They really don’t have to do anything to stand out. It’s Halo for God’s sake. Halo 4 was the right kind of advancement to me. I like that shields are tied to sprinting. It’s like the armor is so heavy that the act of sprinting forces the suit to reroute power from the shields.

I mean, I may get flak for this but, I don’t see it as CoD. It seems more akin to Unreal Tournament. In the fact that the power weapons spawn in the most wide open spaces, and hovering over a platform like it does?(The sniper Rifle in Empire) Also the speed now and other movement abilities. Ground Pound and Charge should go as well as hit markers but, yeah. That’s how I feel, anyway. You may disagree with me, you may argue the opposite. Hell, you may even insult me because you don’t see it how I see it, but that doesn’t sway my opinion.

> 2533274807529575;13:
> I mean, I may get flak for this but, I don’t see it as CoD. It seems more akin to Unreal Tournament. In the fact that the power weapons spawn in the most wide open spaces, and hovering over a platform like it does?(The sniper Rifle in Empire) Also the speed now and other movement abilities. Ground Pound and Charge should go as well as hit markers but, yeah. That’s how I feel, anyway. You may disagree with me, you may argue the opposite. Hell, you may even insult me because you don’t see it how I see it, but that doesn’t sway my opinion.

Yeah, halo has always been it’s own thing. If it starts to resemble anything else instead of the other way around, something is off.

> 2533274800902066;14:
> > 2533274807529575;13:
> > I mean, I may get flak for this but, I don’t see it as CoD. It seems more akin to Unreal Tournament. In the fact that the power weapons spawn in the most wide open spaces, and hovering over a platform like it does?(The sniper Rifle in Empire) Also the speed now and other movement abilities. Ground Pound and Charge should go as well as hit markers but, yeah. That’s how I feel, anyway. You may disagree with me, you may argue the opposite. Hell, you may even insult me because you don’t see it how I see it, but that doesn’t sway my opinion.
>
>
> Yeah, halo has always been it’s own thing. If it starts to resemble anything else instead of the other way around, something is off.

I’m not saying Halo seeming more akin to UT is a bad thing. Bungie already took ideas from Quake and UT when they made CE, and put their own spin on it. UT is a great Arena Shooter and 343 making it an Arena Shooter but still look like another game, I’d rather it look like UT but Halo.

The “bad” advancement is adding features that appear in other titles. Adding these “features” makes Halo a carbon copy of said titles in the eyes of these idiots. Adding new features will make it so people will have to either modify or learn new tactics instead of relying on something they’ve know for over 10 years. In my opinion these people are just lazy and incapable of moving forward. Change happens whether you want it to or not. You’re precious Halo from 10 years ago isn’t immune to change either so please just stop acting like children.

> 2533274857465597;16:
> The “bad” advancement is adding features that appear in other titles. Adding these “features” makes Halo a carbon copy of said titles in the eyes of these idiots. Adding new features will make it so people will have to either modify or learn new tactics instead of relying on something they’ve know for over 10 years. In my opinion these people are just lazy and incapable of moving forward. Change happens whether you want it to or not. You’re precious Halo from 10 years ago isn’t immune to change either so please just stop acting like children.

Did you not see the above posts?

> 2533274832368555;17:
> > 2533274857465597;16:
> > The “bad” advancement is adding features that appear in other titles. Adding these “features” makes Halo a carbon copy of said titles in the eyes of these idiots. Adding new features will make it so people will have to either modify or learn new tactics instead of relying on something they’ve know for over 10 years. In my opinion these people are just lazy and incapable of moving forward. Change happens whether you want it to or not. You’re precious Halo from 10 years ago isn’t immune to change either so please just stop acting like children.
>
>
> Did you not see the above posts?

Sorry I was ranting but yes I did see them.

> 2533274857465597;16:
> The “bad” advancement is adding features that appear in other titles. Adding these “features” makes Halo a carbon copy of said titles in the eyes of these idiots. Adding new features will make it so people will have to either modify or learn new tactics instead of relying on something they’ve know for over 10 years. In my opinion these people are just lazy and incapable of moving forward. Change happens whether you want it to or not. You’re precious Halo from 10 years ago isn’t immune to change either so please just stop acting like children.

I think it has to change and that’s perfectly fine, but what is and what isn’t acceptable?

> 2533274800902066;19:
> > 2533274857465597;16:
> > The “bad” advancement is adding features that appear in other titles. Adding these “features” makes Halo a carbon copy of said titles in the eyes of these idiots. Adding new features will make it so people will have to either modify or learn new tactics instead of relying on something they’ve know for over 10 years. In my opinion these people are just lazy and incapable of moving forward. Change happens whether you want it to or not. You’re precious Halo from 10 years ago isn’t immune to change either so please just stop acting like children.
>
>
> I think it has to change and that’s perfectly fine, but what is and what isn’t acceptable?

Well what’s acceptable and what’s not is subjective.