Ads never lied to you

So sick of seeing people say they lied about the story in the advertisements. They made it seem like the Chief was awol because they couldn’t tell you Cortana was still alive. The concept is the same. Someone we loved needed to be hunted down.

In Cortana’s defense for her decisions look at Halesy. Willing to kill to save more with the spartan program. Cortana is an A.I. made from her brain scan. That’s the real reason they gave us the fall of Reach. To show us the reality of what Halsey is capable of, and now Cortana in her place.

I take it you don’t work for 343 industries, so…why does this bother you again?

A.I.s are their own person. They do not take on the personality or memory of their donator. Some are even the opposite gender.

The Librarian has way too much respect and love for life for this to actually be Cortanas destiny. While she does allow nature to run its course, she would never have intended for Cortana to use something like the guardians to police the galaxy. Therein lies one of the core flaws of this ridiculous campaign. It flies in the face of even 343s own game of H4.

> 2533274792068284;3:
> A.I.s are their own person. They do not take on the personality or memory of their donator. Some are even the opposite gender.
>
> The Librarian has way too much respect and love for life for this to actually be Cortanas destiny. While she does allow nature to run its course, she would never have intended for Cortana to use something like the guardians to police the galaxy. Therein lies one of the core flaws of this ridiculous campaign. It flies in the face of even 343s own game of H4.

I can see your point. But Cortana was not made like any other A.I. she started as a copy of Halsey’s brain and grew from there.

Sorry but for those of us who just watched ads and then played the campaign, it sucked. A lot of things weren’t answered. It felt unfinished.

> 2533274792068284;3:
> A.I.s are their own person. They do not take on the personality or memory of their donator. Some are even the opposite gender.
>
> The Librarian has way too much respect and love for life for this to actually be Cortanas destiny. While she does allow nature to run its course, she would never have intended for Cortana to use something like the guardians to police the galaxy. Therein lies one of the core flaws of this ridiculous campaign. It flies in the face of even 343s own game of H4.

AIs may be their own entity but they do inherit some of the personality traits of their donor. I don’t remember the name of the AI but at one time in one of the books Osman, at least thats who I think it is, made a comment to her AI about how he was exhibiting traits of his donor.Not to mention Cortana is special. She was made as a clone of Halsey’s brain and spent the early part of her life assisting Halsey and learning her habits. Then Cortan goes and lives through rampancy for a few years before reaching the Domain so we have no idea what state she was in when she healed her rampancy. For all we know the Cortana that traveled with Chief for so many years is gone and one resembling her idea of Halsey surfaced and became dominant at the time.

As for the Librarian. She didn’t intend for Cortana to do any of this. This is just how Cortana and the Warden interpreted the Librarian’s plan and the plan of action they chose to take. The Librarian is still in support of Humanity inheriting the Mantle of Responsibility and I believe that by the end of the Halo series Humanity will have inherited it.

> 2533274857577417;5:
> Sorry but for those of us who just watched ads and then played the campaign, it sucked. A lot of things weren’t answered. It felt unfinished.

Suppose to be unfinished got another on the way. I felt it was rushed. There was a lot of cutscenes I would have rathered played then watched.

I didn’t see anything wrong with the ads either. (Halo 6 anyone?)

Well the ads didn’t really lie but they sure didn’t paint the right picture of what the game was going to be that’s for sure. Locke didn’t exactly have to hunt for Chief they new where he was going and they even knew why he was going there. Also what was with the big scene of Chief lying in rubble and Locke making his big speech about “our hero” … and of course they had a reverse of it with Locke laying in the rubble making his speech about how his mission was over… all that happened between Locke and Cheif was a fist fight over who was going after Cortana essentially. I just think who ever was in charge of the advertising definitely wasn’t communicating with who ever was directing/writing the game. Also what was with ONI talking about Chiefs death??? Maybe some of the ads will play out in Halo wars 2 or H6?

> 2533274927400238;8:
> I didn’t see anything wrong with the ads either. (Halo 6 anyone?)

Halo 6 will see the Chief and Locke together. Locke doing what the Chief won’t be able to.

> 2533274857577417;5:
> Sorry but for those of us who just watched ads and then played the campaign, it sucked. A lot of things weren’t answered. It felt unfinished.

We are on a mid stage game. Of course its going to feel unfinished. Halo 6 will probably wrap up alot of questions that Halo 5 generated.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> Well the ads didn’t really lie but they sure didn’t paint the right picture of what the game was going to be that’s for sure. Locke didn’t exactly have to hunt for Chief they new where he was going and they even knew why he was going there. Also what was with the big scene of Chief lying in rubble and Locke making his big speech about “our hero” … and of course they had a reverse of it with Locke laying in the rubble making his speech about how his mission was over… all that happened between Locke and Cheif was a fist fight over who was going after Cortana essentially. I just think who ever was in charge of the advertising definitely wasn’t communicating with who ever was directing/writing the game.

In a real military Chief would be considered an asset. Locke would have had to kill him if it came down to it. We didn’t know Cortana was still alive, not something u want to ruin in commercials.