ADS (Aim Down Sights)

Why does getting shot take you out of ADS? This doesn’t even make any sense to me. Why even include it in the game if I get suddenly and unexpectedly zoomed out because someone hits me with an AR shot from 7 miles away? IMO, either take out ADS completely or don’t make it zoom back out just because of a minor flesh wound.

Bc people wanted de scope back.

No one really asked for ADS, but that’s what we got.

And no, de scope needs to stay. Makes the game way more competitive IMO even with ADS.

Descoping has been an important feature of Halo multiplayer gameplay since the beginning. I’m glad it’s back.

I wouldn’t exactly call it competitive. Whoever gets the first shot of, regardless of their aiming ability afterwards, is probably going to win a long range gun fight. Especially in Team Swat.

I was always fine with descope. But descope doesn’t make any sense with ADS at all.

> 2533274796417227;2:
> Bc people wanted de scope back.
>
> No one really asked for ADS, but that’s what we got.
>
> And no, de scope needs to stay. Makes the game way more competitive IMO even with ADS.

This. De-scoping was a big part of classic Halo, and the lack of it in Halo 4 made the already powerful ranged weapons even moreso. Happy to see it gone.

descope yes, deADS no… makes little sense…

> 2533274795084569;4:
> I wouldn’t exactly call it competitive. Whoever gets the first shot of, regardless of their aiming ability afterwards, is probably going to win a long range gun fight. Especially in Team Swat.

In SWAT, you shouldn’t even get to De-scope if your show was to the head.
De-scope was back, please take this in the most unoffensive way possible but, “Deal with it”

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

j

> 2533274795084569;1:
> Why does getting shot take you out of ADS? This doesn’t even make any sense to me. Why even include it in the game if I get suddenly and unexpectedly zoomed out because someone hits me with an AR shot from 7 miles away? IMO, either take out ADS completely or don’t make it zoom back out just because of a minor flesh wound.

must be some 16 year old kid who’s never played anything other than 4 lol

That’s my point Reactive, you aren’t understanding me. Let’s say someone was shooting at me at hit me in the arm while I was aiming at their head with ADS. Now I got unscoped and my aim freaks out because of it. At a distance, I have little chance of ADSing to even line a shot up.

> 2660608708453433;9:
> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
>
>
>
> j
>
>
> > 2533274795084569;1:
> > Why does getting shot take you out of ADS? This doesn’t even make any sense to me. Why even include it in the game if I get suddenly and unexpectedly zoomed out because someone hits me with an AR shot from 7 miles away? IMO, either take out ADS completely or don’t make it zoom back out just because of a minor flesh wound.
>
>
> must be some 16 year old kid who’s never played anything other than 4 lol
>

Or I’ve been playing since Halo 1. I’m just saying, ADS doesn’t make any sense with forced zoomout. That’s all there is to it.

I’ve been playing since halo 1 and I absolutely love Smart Link and descope can be annoying, but it works.

Because its not ADS and if you think it is, then halo ce had ADS

Because it’s not standard ADS and should not be thought of as such. You’re doing yourself a disservice if you play this game like another lame cod or battlefail.

I like the system makes since if you are getting shot out you will be distracted.

Descope has always been a thing. It’s a balancing mechanism. In some cases it’s much easier to fire from the hip.

De-scoping has been in every game but 4. I don’t really care for the ADS itself, because with my controller settings, its virtually the same as the past games, just that now all weapons have a scope to them.

I believe the type of sights could be evolved, not about to completely take the accuracy of descope, but compensate for long distance shot using ADS in any weapon, taking the shotgun.

> 2533274795084569;1:
> Why does getting shot take you out of ADS? This doesn’t even make any sense to me. Why even include it in the game if I get suddenly and unexpectedly zoomed out because someone hits me with an AR shot from 7 miles away? IMO, either take out ADS completely or don’t make it zoom back out just because of a minor flesh wound.

Are you new to Halo?

> 2533274795084569;1:

How to spot someone who’s only played Halo 4.