Adrift= boring map?

So I haven’t kept up with any recent Halo 4 videos, and I just stumbled across the MLG gameplay for Adrift. After watching the gameplay, two things came to mind:

-Why is the map so dark compared to when we saw it in the other trailer?

and

-(This is just my opinion)The map seemed very boring. There we good action bits, but the match carried on so slowly.

What are your thoughts on some of the Halo 4 (multiplayer) gameplay?

EDIT Now that I think of it, this might not be the map we saw in the trailer. If it’s not, my bad, but the second point still stands.

The map looked much better than Reach imo

Obviously I can’t say much about the gameplay until I get to play it myself but I think the map looks great. Looks like some kind of old, industrial ship rather than a a brand new warship.

> The map looked much better than Reach imo

It looks like a much dark Countdown to me.

> > The map looked much better than Reach imo
>
> It looks like a much dark Countdown to me.

Yes but even though it is a dark industrial map it still has a lot of bright colors and is much better looking than the dreadful gray map that is countdown. Plus the layout of the map reminds me of past Halo games for some reason.

Yeah, I didn’t like it.

Neighbor and Elamite said it reminded them alot like rats nest in halo 3, which if you remember was kind of big for a 4v4.

i liked it TBH. tight hallways with an open hectic middle. It did seem kind of slow. But im chalking that up to the fact that MLG really doesn’t like to get in close. they would rather out BR you strafing mid range then getting up in your face. or closing distance.

> The map looked much better than Reach imo

QFT

> > The map looked much better than Reach imo
>
> It looks like a much dark Countdown to me.

I believe the outside portion of the map is more interesting. We got very few glimpses at the outdoors area, but from the concept art I think the skybox is great.

It’s very segmented it seems with a lot of narrow hallways with poor sightlines. There’s no obvious powerpostion to control so the map plays fairly slow as a result with 8 players. It’s not to my taste.

> i liked it TBH. tight hallways with an open hectic middle. It did seem kind of slow. But im chalking that up to the fact that MLG really doesn’t like to get in close. they would rather out BR you strafing mid range then getting up in your face. or closing distance.

Just completly make that up eh?

I thought it was alright. It definitely wont be a competitive map though

Adrift is going to be one of my favorite maps. I know this because, according to Frainkie, the Cyclop’s name is Kyle, and my name is also Kyle.

They were playing 4v4. 343i said the map is better suited for 5v5 or 6v6.

After playing on it through my time machine, I don’t like it either. Did you know they made it all pink later?

It reminds me of Narrows from Halo 3. I liked that map.

> It reminds me of Narrows from Halo 3. I liked that map.

That’s Haven.