Admittedly, I'm starting to like this more

After hours of play, I’ll give credit where credit is due. I do appreciate the high mobility, clamber jumps and solid gun play (makes for interesting encounters). The precision weapons are still dominant, and autos more useful then before. This game has great potential in the competitive scene, more than Reach and 4.

The kill times are very quick and I too have thought about increasing the times, but then cat and mouse will be even more prevalent than before. This high kills times and strong nades are there to counter the high mobility. Removing sprint isn’t going to happen. Increasing movement speed would make the game even faster, which means less of a chance at finishing your opponent, because kill times are slowed.

Getting into cover will be even easier when time to kill is higher. So far, my biggest gripe is flinch, and smart scope is so damn slow for the sniper. Other things are constant power weapons chatter and no vibration. Tweak autos a bit and some aesthetic. Other than that, I can’t say this isn’t Halo. It’s a lot harder to turn on someone, but it’s still doable. Besides, when people are shot first and unaware where from, their 1st instinct is to get a little cover to regroup their self. Grenades are your friends when dealing with multiple peeps.

One more thing, put Ground Pount on D-Pad and make weapon switching faster.

Me too my man. I was really skeptical about it as I started it up. I wasn’t a fan of Halo 4 and the extreme disappointment of MCC only added to my doubt. After my first couple of games, I still wasn’t sure how I felt.

Then all of a sudden, I looked up and I had been playing for three hours.

It’s truly fun to me again. Even if there are kids spraying with SMG’s and AR’s, 4 shotting kids with my BR feels so sharp. And the grind to rank up is as much fun as grinding for my 50. Yes there are problems like weapon balancing, the thrusters (which i like), sniper headshots being too easy, the controversial sprint that isn’t going away, and the ADS that everyone loves to complain about even tho it literally is the same that it’s always been with just a cosmetic change lol. One thing in particular I don’t like is every gun having smart scope. I feel like the AR, SMG, and the sword don’t need it… I mean Prop… yeah the sword. Nobody is actually calling it Prophet’s Bane lol.

I actually forgot that this is just a beta. Which is kind of depressing knowing we only have this for three weeks!

Good to watch, not to play…

> 2533274910667203;2:
> Me too my man. I was really skeptical about it as I started it up. I wasn’t a fan of Halo 4 and the extreme disappointment of MCC only added to my doubt. After my first couple of games, I still wasn’t sure how I felt.
>
> Then all of a sudden, I looked up and I had been playing for three hours.
>
> It’s truly fun to me again. Even if there are kids spraying with SMG’s and AR’s, 4 shotting kids with my BR feels so sharp. And the grind to rank up is as much fun as grinding for my 50. Yes there are problems like weapon balancing, the thrusters (which i like), sniper headshots being too easy, the controversial sprint that isn’t going away, and the ADS that everyone loves to complain about even tho it literally is the same that it’s always been with just a cosmetic change lol. One thing in particular I don’t like is every gun having smart scope. I feel like the AR, SMG, and the sword don’t need it… I mean Prop… yeah the sword. Nobody is actually calling it Prophet’s Bane lol.
>
> I actually forgot that this is just a beta. Which is kind of depressing knowing we only have this for three weeks!

I keep forgetting that the Bane has Smart Scope. I still haven’t tried it on the sword. I really like the dynamic jumps you can do with thruster and clamber. Like backwards thrusting or side thrusting into wall while turning around to get a smooth clamber. I realize that it is fun clambering in a awkward direction, but it works well if you know your surroundings. I catch s lot of people of guard by popping in and out of a ledge to sneak some shoots in.

I do find the Spartan charge to be useful as a base ability, because it is a fast extended melee. Anyone distracted and taking fire has their shields lowered normally, so when you sprint to finish them, it’s a kill from a less time consuming stand point. Ground Pound is ok, I’ve landed a few and use it to travel to a door. Haven’t utilized slide that much, but I can see it fooling a few. For the most mobility, I’ve started to use Spartan Charge and then thruster, which makes for 2 thrusts and saves your main thruster just in case you need it. Every thing is a solid weapon, nothing underpowered to say the least.

I am really enjoying the low aim assist. This game still is intense when it is close, and that feel when you clutch a few enemies to nearly finish.