Admit it, Halo 4 is a disappointment

You can all admit it now, Halo 4’s MM is a disappointment.

–Be honest with yourself here… The sound effects are laughable.
–“Join in Progress”? Uh…
–The ranking system is just plain terrible.
–These ordnance drops are stupid.
–Map control is non-existent.
–The menus make you feel like you went back to playing N64.
–The party system is bad.
–You literally cycle through three maps every time you play.
–Instant Re-spawn absolutely destroys any sense of punishment for dying.
–The new scoring system is… Strange…
–The music while you’re in the pre-game lobby is depressing.
–The armor is ugly.
–Wait, you have to ‘earn’ Emblems? lol
–You know how when you’re playing a game and there are 50 different specializations happening at once, all with different ordnance drops? Yeah, awesome idea, 343…
–Why does this game look like a bad cartoon?

There is one caveat here… I have come to terms with never getting my old Halo back. I’m going to continue to play Halo 4 for the one and only reason of it being Halo. There are no other games out there that spark my interest. Yes, I’m going to play a game I’m not satisfied with. Sigh…

P.S. Can you imagine what would happen if Bungie re-released Halo 2? Yeah, NO ONE would play Halo 4 again. Why do you think that is?

I like all halo 4 features. nuff said

> I like all halo 4 features. nuff said

You have poor taste.

Your criticisms lack one thing that is the most important part of judgement: Solutions to making the current game better.

I would rather discuss that lets jump aboard the Halo 4 hate train and regurgitate the same unhelpful posts again.

Halo 4 has disappointed me in areas yes, i won’t lie. Yet something keeps me playing anyways and despite the BS, this isn’t Halo Reach either. Seriously -Yoink- that game.

> Your criticisms lack one thing that is the most important part of judgement: Solutions to making the current game better.
>
>
> I would rather discuss that lets jump aboard the Halo 4 hate train and regurgitate the same unhelpful posts again.

There’s really no point in discussing how to make this game “better.” It is what it is and I understand that. There’s nothing we can do to make Halo 4 more like “Halo.” The game mechanics are too different.

In my opinion Halo 4 has the worst Multiplayer of any Halo game to date.

The campaign I actually really enjoyed.

Spartan ops is a joke tbh, Firefight should have stayed.

Just a short summary of my opinion.

I just read a giant wall of opinion.

I was unaware that someone could tell me what i enjoy better then what i thought i liked.

i only hate multiplayer

> I was unaware that someone could tell me what i enjoy better then what i thought i liked.

Well, now you’re aware. Get on-board. Stop liking crappy things.

> > Your criticisms lack one thing that is the most important part of judgement: Solutions to making the current game better.
> >
> >
> > I would rather discuss that lets jump aboard the Halo 4 hate train and regurgitate the same unhelpful posts again.
>
> There’s really no point in discussing how to make this game “better.” It is what it is and I understand that. There’s nothing we can do to make Halo 4 more like “Halo.” The game mechanics are too different.

This is where you are wrong.

We can still have competitive MLG playlists.

CSR implementation.

Updates to the UI that allow for the disabling of Sprint, Instant Respawn, classical static weapon drops

Forge maps that are actually good for 4v4 and not like Complex.

More glitch fixes.

Re-balancing the weapons and spawns even further.

This is just at the top of my head but you’re too stuck on your own views you have become narrow minded. The only answers it seems you’ll be happy to fully accept are ones that fall within your own.

This exchange is over. I don’t think we are getting anywhere here.

> I just read a giant wall of opinion.

No, it’s objective truth.

I’m comparing success of previous Halo games to Halo 4. Halo 4 disappoints, previous Halo games did not. Well, Reach SORT OF did…

> In my opinion Halo 4 has the worst Multiplayer of any Halo game to date.
>
> The campaign I actually really enjoyed.
>
> Spartan ops is a joke tbh, Firefight should have stayed.
>
> Just a short summary of my opinion.

Halo Reach has a better multiplayer.

> > I was unaware that someone could tell me what i enjoy better then what i thought i liked.
>
> Well, now you’re aware. Get on-board. Stop liking crappy things.

Or here me out. I could keep on having fun. Because ignorance is bliss.

I’m not disappointed at all.

This game has gotten me more involved in Halo than any other. I’m even dealing with that ridiculous 7-11 King of the Hill app so I can get a Locus helmet.

Maybe I shouldn’t have admitted that.

can’t tell if trolling…

go make your own Halo game.

Im not disapointed because I for one dont and never expect a game to be the same as its previous iteration. I also dont get “hyped” about games, and for me Halo 4 was not a disapointment. Infact it was quiet the opposite. I was very satisfied and happy with Halo 4.

Oh and yeah I have played halo games since day 1. I still have Halo 1 and Halo 2 PC around here somewhere and Halo 3 is on the game shelf for 360.

I didn’t think I could be more disappointed than I was when Reach came out. Unfortunately, H4 takes the cake for disappointment. Who are these people who thought this stuff would go over well? Or, perhaps, as so many have pointed out, is it just that they really don’t CARE about Halo? All they care about are revenues.

I think this stopped being about Halo the second that Microsoft purchased it from Bungie. I hated what Bungie did with Reach. But 343i has changed EVERYTHING. They said that they were going to take Halo back to its roots. They acknowledged the disappointment that everyone had with Reach. They insinuated, without saying so exactly, that they were going to pick up where H3 left off. They didn’t do that. They couldn’t have done anything more different than that.

It would be interesting to hear 343i have to explain the differences between their statements of early 2012 and the way the game actually turned out.

It’s certainly lacking, frustrating and underwhelming. Hech I wasn’t over hyped or by means of a lot. I had low expectations… that didn’t even really pass well.

–Be honest with yourself here… The sound effects are laughable. No, best of the series
–“Join in Progress”? Uh… no, jip is great
–The ranking system is just plain terrible. yes it is
–These ordnance drops are stupid. no
–Map control is non-existent. i agree
–The menus make you feel like you went back to playing N64. yeah
–The party system is bad. why?
–You literally cycle through three maps every time you play. its getting better, with the exception of BTB
–Instant Re-spawn absolutely destroys any sense of punishment for dying. no
–The new scoring system is… Strange… no, its more rewarding, why?
–The music while you’re in the pre-game lobby is depressing. no
–The armor is ugly. no
–Wait, you have to ‘earn’ Emblems? lol uh…ok, lets just complain about everything
–You know how when you’re playing a game and there are 50 different specializations happening at once, all with different ordnance drops? Yeah, awesome idea, 343… i like ordnance drops
–Why does this game look like a bad cartoon? it doesnt