Admin's - I can't play any halo game online?

I can’t play any halo game online because apparently New Zealand’s new IP range hasn’t been accepted by the server?. I have had a message saying “The Halo Reach/3 server is unavailable. Please try again later” since March now and i have been told it should be being fixed but i don’t see any news bulletins saying its being fixed or anything from a Moderator or Admin of the site, i have tried PM BS ANGEL as they post some news on the site yet i didn’t get a reply. Is this problem being fixed? thanks. i have contacted Microsoft and they say its a problem with 343i that should be getting fixed.

NOTE: i heard back from BS ANGEL and there trying to sort it out.

There messed up if it has been this long like wow. You bundle up xboxs for Christmas with halo and not give them online play? What kinda -Yoink- is that? Sure problems happen but nobody on this team is trying t help they just scroll by. I’m jumping ship to mw3 I didn’t want to I like halo. It’s kinda hard when all your friends jumped ship already and it’s just you, I thought oh well I still can play online but now there’s like no reason to stay

hmmm… I have talked to yet another member of Microsoft and this time they have elevated the issue, the problem is the server won’t let me play, i used to able to play when i was on my old ISP but now i can’t, not any halo games work. Hopefully i will get a solution from Microsoft soon.

I have just heard from 343 and the problem is getting sorted out.

Josh, what exactly did they say? I haven’t gotten a response yet (I’m in the US) and I’ve been having this problem for over a month now.

BS ANGEL said that they are currently working with a New Zealand ISP to help them fix the problem, he said i should phone them so i did and they said nothing is wrong and it is with 343i. Basically they know about the problem, they know its a worldwide problem and they think it is with the ISP.

The only thing is the ISP says its with 343i. im with Slingshot and they said New range IP’s is not to do with it as that is for websites and im on v6 which means i can load more websites on a computer at one time???. They don’t know whats wrong, Microsoft think its with 343 and so does the provider.

I should be getting a response from Microsoft soon as the problem was escalated as they couldn’t resolve it.

Awesome, keep us updated. Hopefully this fixes the problem I’ve been having as well.

> BS ANGEL said that they are currently working with a New Zealand ISP to help them fix the problem, he said i should phone them so i did and they said nothing is wrong and it is with 343i. Basically they know about the problem, they know its a worldwide problem and they think it is with the ISP.
>
> The only thing is the ISP says its with 343i. im with Slingshot and they said New range IP’s is not to do with it as that is for websites and im on v6 which means i can load more websites on a computer at one time???. They don’t know whats wrong, Microsoft think its with 343 and so does the provider.
>
> I should be getting a response from Microsoft soon as the problem was escalated as they couldn’t resolve it.

This makes little to no sense. Ipv6 doesn’t have any effect on how many websites you can “load” or visit at the same time. And it shouldn’t affect your connection to the halo servers either, for that matter. But if it does, the programmer who wrote the server software needs to be fired immediatley.

From all my experience with TCP/IP and servers I’ve never heard about something so stupid as a newly written serversoftware that (unless specified by the serveradministrator in the configuration) doesn’t accept connections from a few specific ipranges. If this indeed is an issue on 343’s side, someone has -Yoinked!- up badly. Really badly. “Never do IT-work again”-badly.

If you happen to have access to a vpn, you can try to tunnel your connection through it and see if that helps. It’ll affect the quality of your connection but given that you’re from NZ I doubt it’ll really make a difference for you considering how poor the net-infrastructure is there.