Adjusting the parameters of JIP.

Like it or not, JIP is a necessary evil due to the extreme amount of quitters in MM. Would I prefer there not be a need for such a system? You bet your sweet rear armor plating I do. Alas the system attempts to correct an even greater ill then the system itself. Even after its previous refinement I believe there are some areas that could use some improvement. The following is a list, not in order of importance, that I think could vastly improve the system.

You should never have a JIP as your first game when starting to play. This is a bad first impression for the game and should not be the way players are greeted when jumping on.

You should never have back to back JIP games. Too much of a good thing can be bad, too much of a bad thing is even worse, take pity on your customers.

The amount of JIP’es per game should be reduced from its current amount, however that’s determined. If a mass amount of JIP are occurring in a single game( be it total destruction from lopsided player matching or deplorable network conditions) exposing a mass amount of players to that situation is a detriment to the game.

I have made a few treads with ways to help fix JIP

> Ok so lets talk JIP
> or so the system that is JIP and how it should work so that people don’t hate it.
>
>
> Here is simple list of a few easy to follow Rules:
>
>
> RULE 1 If a friend invites me to JOIN a game they are already in ie JIP I SHOULD ONLY JOIN HIS/HER TEAM not the other team .
> Like really why would i take an inv to join my friend and then end up on the other team - who thought of this idea and said it would be ok
>
>
> RULE 2 JIP should NEVER SPLIT A Team/Party that is searching together - again why would you even think this is a good idea .
>
>
>
> RULE 3 If i lag out of a game and my team invites me back i should ONLY be able to join the TEAM I WAS ON in the first place or wise don’t let me join at all.
>
>
> RULE 4 If you start a game out 6v6 and then 2 people join 1 team well maybe you should also add 2 people to the other team as that’s the ONLY reasonable thing to do - game’s should never be 8v6 from start to end and this just happen to me in Big Team Skirmish
>
>
> RULE 5 I should be able to invite Someone NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT IN THE GAME
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> If you can think of any other ideas to help 343 fix JIP in HALO 4 post them here.
>
>
>
>
>
> Before i go im going to say im not trying to sound rude or like a jerk to you or 343 i just don’t understand how these simple things didn’t/haven’t been fixed in the time halo 4 has been out…

Here are mine
Halo 4 Jip topic

Halo 5 Jip topic (most of the same)

I have stated this elsewhere but I think it is relevant:

JiP can work if it is optional. All that is needed is a simple UI setting.

Join-in-Progress: Enable / Disable

Players who enable JiP would be eligible to be joined into games that have already started as well as those that haven’t started. Player who chose to disable JiP would only be able to search for games that have not yet started. This would address the problem of players being abandoned by their teammates as well as satisfy players who don’t want to deal with JiP.

> I have made a few treads with ways to help fix JIP
>
>
>
> > Ok so lets talk JIP
> > or so the system that is JIP and how it should work so that people don’t hate it.
> >
> >
> > Here is simple list of a few easy to follow Rules:
> >
> >
> > RULE 1 If a friend invites me to JOIN a game they are already in ie JIP I SHOULD ONLY JOIN HIS/HER TEAM not the other team .
> > Like really why would i take an inv to join my friend and then end up on the other team - who thought of this idea and said it would be ok
> >
> >
> > RULE 2 JIP should NEVER SPLIT A Team/Party that is searching together - again why would you even think this is a good idea .
> >
> >
> >
> > RULE 3 If i lag out of a game and my team invites me back i should ONLY be able to join the TEAM I WAS ON in the first place or wise don’t let me join at all.
> >
> >
> > RULE 4 If you start a game out 6v6 and then 2 people join 1 team well maybe you should also add 2 people to the other team as that’s the ONLY reasonable thing to do - game’s should never be 8v6 from start to end and this just happen to me in Big Team Skirmish
> >
> >
> > RULE 5 I should be able to invite Someone NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT IN THE GAME
> >
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > If you can think of any other ideas to help 343 fix JIP in HALO 4 post them here.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Before i go im going to say im not trying to sound rude or like a jerk to you or 343 i just don’t understand how these simple things didn’t/haven’t been fixed in the time halo 4 has been out…
>
> Here are mine
> Halo 4 Jip topic
>
>
>
> Halo 5 Jip topic (most of the same)

All of those seem like reasonable rules to the JIP system.

> I have made a few treads with ways to help fix JIP
>
>
>
> > Ok so lets talk JIP
> > or so the system that is JIP and how it should work so that people don’t hate it.
> >
> >
> > Here is simple list of a few easy to follow Rules:
> >
> >
> > RULE 1 If a friend invites me to JOIN a game they are already in ie JIP I SHOULD ONLY JOIN HIS/HER TEAM not the other team .
> > Like really why would i take an inv to join my friend and then end up on the other team - who thought of this idea and said it would be ok
> >
> >
> > RULE 2 JIP should NEVER SPLIT A Team/Party that is searching together - again why would you even think this is a good idea .
> >
> >
> >
> > RULE 3 If i lag out of a game and my team invites me back i should ONLY be able to join the TEAM I WAS ON in the first place or wise don’t let me join at all.
> >
> >
> > RULE 4 If you start a game out 6v6 and then 2 people join 1 team well maybe you should also add 2 people to the other team as that’s the ONLY reasonable thing to do - game’s should never be 8v6 from start to end and this just happen to me in Big Team Skirmish
> >
> >
> > RULE 5 I should be able to invite Someone NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT IN THE GAME
> >
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > If you can think of any other ideas to help 343 fix JIP in HALO 4 post them here.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Before i go im going to say im not trying to sound rude or like a jerk to you or 343 i just don’t understand how these simple things didn’t/haven’t been fixed in the time halo 4 has been out…
>
> Here are mine
> Halo 4 Jip topic
>
>
>
> Halo 5 Jip topic (most of the same)

I’m agreeing with most of your points here sir.