Adjust the BANHAMMER!

Are we going to have to deal with this banhammer as it is for the life of this game or are you people going to get realistic about it?

Batteries died while playing a big team battle today, and I didn’t have a replacement. Went to the store, came back, and there you go…24 F’ing hour ban. From a BIG TEAM BATTLE game. Really? I haven’t quit out of a game once in the last, I dunno, 20+ games I’ve played. Battery fail…now I’m banned for 24 hours? I get that everyone quitting out has become an issue but thats mostly YOUR FAULT NOT OURS. You make a game where we get into lobbies with completely unbalanced teams and we’re supposed to sit around for 10-15 minutes getting destroyed because heaven forbid we quit and get a 24 HOUR BAN. In Halo MCC it was a huge issue, but that’s because you released this whopping pile of fecal matter to the public. You’ve trained people to quit out so much because your game sucked that bad. STILL DOESN’T WORK!

The longest you should ever ban someone is 30 minutes. That’s about as much of a punishment as necessary to get the results you want. Quit once, gone for 30 minutes. Quit again, gone for another 30 minutes. People won’t quit. Whoever came up with, and/or approved a 24 hour ban should find the nearest wall and run into it headfirst at full speed. It doesn’t change anything about how 90 percent of people play this game. If I’m playing a game, and my wife needs some help with something, am I supposed to tell her to wait 10 minutes because I don’t want to get banned for Halo? Or is this game reserved for professional Halo players only? Get your head out of your #@%.

You have gone way overboard with this.

So its 343Is fault your batteries died mid game when there is an icon that tells you your battery life and you weren’t prepared?

Edit: Ps, We can see your past games via your profile. We can tell that you quit out of more games than just one.
Edit2: PPs, you sir are the one going overboard.

thats why i always keep my controller connected. less input lag and don’t have to worry about batteries.

Something tells me he has quit or idled more than he claims with a 24 hour ban. I am not bored enough to check his game history at the moment.

I mean it’s kinda good. Now we won’t have people leaving every game without a care in the world.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> Something tells me he has quit or idled more than he claims with a 24 hour ban. I am not bored enough to check his game history at the moment.

I was, and he did.

> 2533274824485044;2:
> So its 343Is fault your batteries died mid game when there is an icon that tells you your battery life and you weren’t prepared?
>
> Edit: Ps, We can see your past games via your profile. We can tell that you quit out of more games than just one.
> Edit2: PPs, you sir are the one going overboard.

Yup. Five DNFs in the past week.

> 2533275022416367;7:
> > 2533274824485044;2:
> > So its 343Is fault your batteries died mid game when there is an icon that tells you your battery life and you weren’t prepared?
> >
> > Edit: Ps, We can see your past games via your profile. We can tell that you quit out of more games than just one.
> > Edit2: PPs, you sir are the one going overboard.
>
>
> Yup. Five DNFs in the past week.

do you guys even check the quit/game ratio or are you just glad you can post some -Yoink- and call someone out?

he quit 6 out of his last 100 games. getting banned for this is beyond stupidity.

> 2533274792003229;8:
> > 2533275022416367;7:
> > > 2533274824485044;2:
> > > So its 343Is fault your batteries died mid game when there is an icon that tells you your battery life and you weren’t prepared?
> > >
> > > Edit: Ps, We can see your past games via your profile. We can tell that you quit out of more games than just one.
> > > Edit2: PPs, you sir are the one going overboard.
> >
> >
> > Yup. Five DNFs in the past week.
>
>
> do you guys even check the quit/game ratio or are you just glad you can post some -Yoink- and call someone out?
>
> he quit 6 out of his last 100 games. getting banned for this is beyond stupidity.

I disagree. Quitting 1 game should result in a 10 minute ban. It should double from there if it happens within the same month. Special cases deserve special punishment.

> 2533274792003229;8:
> > 2533275022416367;7:
> > > 2533274824485044;2:
> > > So its 343Is fault your batteries died mid game when there is an icon that tells you your battery life and you weren’t prepared?
> > >
> > > Edit: Ps, We can see your past games via your profile. We can tell that you quit out of more games than just one.
> > > Edit2: PPs, you sir are the one going overboard.
> >
> >
> > Yup. Five DNFs in the past week.
>
>
> do you guys even check the quit/game ratio or are you just glad you can post some -Yoink- and call someone out?
>
> he quit 6 out of his last 100 games. getting banned for this is beyond stupidity.

And? FIVE of those games were within the last seven days. Enough to warrant a ban I’d say.

timespan says NOTHING. who cares if he played this 100 games in 2 days or 3 months? its completely irrelevant.

the banhammer obsession in this board is completely out of proportion. especially considering the banhammer is uselsss anyway and not effective. praising your beloved banhammer is just short sighted and, no offense, dumb.

> 2533274792003229;11:
> timespan says NOTHING. who cares if he played this 100 games in 2 days or 3 months? its completely irrelevant.
>
> the banhammer obsession in this board is completely out of proportion. especially considering the banhammer is uselsss anyway and not effective. praising your beloved banhammer is just short sighted and, no offense, dumb.

Why doesn’t it say anything?

really? i give you a hint: simple math.

and with this: im outta here. not gonna waste my time on a discussion with no outcome.

Don’t really care how many games are completed if some one starts quitting they started quitting and deserve a ban. Not to mention he could have been idling in those completed games.

I for one think they need to ban people for longer. You quit then you get banned end of story. Oh and you don’t get banned for quitting once.

> 2533274792003229;11:
> timespan says NOTHING. who cares if he played this 100 games in 2 days or 3 months? its completely irrelevant.
>
> the banhammer obsession in this board is completely out of proportion. especially considering the banhammer is uselsss anyway and not effective. praising your beloved banhammer is just short sighted and, no offense, dumb.

Trying to rationalize you breaking the rules is short sighted and dumb imo. The rules are clearly stated

Im all for bans and even longer bans but they might need to become more lenient with the way halo has been lately. Ive probably had 5-10 DNF in last month from the servers just being jacked up. As everyone says they look for patterns so hopefully they account for that.

> 2535446258961514;17:
> Im all for bans and even longer bans but they might need to become more lenient with the way halo has been lately. Ive probably had 5-10 DNF in last month from the servers just being jacked up. As everyone says they look for patterns so hopefully they account for that.

Are these connection issues still ISP related? I ask because I have Comcast and have only lost connection to a game once and that was before the game started. Gears of War UE has the issue according to some and again no disconnects on my end.

I am not saying it doesn’t happen. Just not sure why if happens as I haven’t had issues.

> 2533274792003229;13:
> really? i give you a hint: simple math.
>
> and with this: im outta here. not gonna waste my time on a discussion with no outcome.

I’m saying that the closer together the DNFs are, the more likely a ban I think. No need to defend quitting.

> 2533275022416367;19:
> > 2533274792003229;13:
> > really? i give you a hint: simple math.
> >
> > and with this: im outta here. not gonna waste my time on a discussion with no outcome.
>
>
> I’m saying that the closer together the DNFs are, the more likely a ban I think. No need to defend quitting.

Exactly this… ban hammer looks for a pattern of quitting… and more likely quits that are close together.