Addressing Vehicle Balance Problems with the TU.

A list of things that many of you may find broken or at least can be improved.

1. The anti-everything sniper
    Im fine with shooting off hatches on tanks and wraiths because it actually takes some skill to do so without getting bombed to oblivion, but having such high armour damage on other medium vehicles such as warthog and the banshees s a little more than just over powered. The spartan laser at least gave you some from of warning before you were down for the count. My suggestion would be to bring back the weak spots from Halo 2, and make them Sniper/Focus Rifle specific (The DMR is fine, imo. It actually takes time to do sufficient damage to take down a vehicle.)

2. Elite Weapons Suck anti Vehicle (Not including P.P)
    Lol at trying to shoot down anything armoured with an Needler Rifle. Elite standard weaponry are absolutely worthless interns of their anti vehicle potentials, which makes Invasion Slayer very one sided after the Spartans has gotten an aerial vehicles or even ground vehicles on an large map. (Try to concussion an warthog on Blood Gulch for example, it’s nearly pointless)

3. Banshee Bomb
    Slightly overpowered, too easy to use. Discourages plasma canon usage, renders banshees into solely dive bombers, instead of the ground support FIGHTERs they used to be, which in my opinion was a lot better of a role for such an iconic vehicle.

4. Vehicle Health
    Some vehicles could use a little buff in this area. The ghost is a joke.

> A list of things that many of you may find broken or at least can be improved.
>
> 1) The anti-everything sniper
> Im fine with shooting off hatches on tanks and wraiths because it actually takes some skill to do so without getting bombed to oblivion, but having such high armour damage on other medium vehicles such as warthog and the banshees s a little more than just over powered. The spartan laser at least gave you some from of warning before you were down for the count. My suggestion would be to bring back the weak spots from Halo 2, and make them Sniper/Focus Rifle specific (The DMR is fine, imo. It actually takes time to do sufficient damage to take down a vehicle.)
>
> 2) Elite Weapons Suck anti Vehicle (Not including P.P)
> Lol at trying to shoot down anything armoured with an Needler Rifle. Elite standard weaponry are absolutely worthless interns of their anti vehicle potentials, which makes Invasion Slayer very one sided after the Spartans has gotten an aerial vehicles or even ground vehicles on an large map. (Try to concussion an warthog on Blood Gulch for example, it’s nearly pointless)
>
> 3) Banshee Bomb
> Slightly overpowered, too easy to use. Discourages plasma canon usage, renders banshees into solely dive bombers, instead of the ground support FIGHTERs they used to be, which in my opinion was a lot better of a role for such an iconic vehicle.
>
> 4) Vehicle Health
> Some vehicles could use a little buff in this area. The ghost is a joke.

I agree with just about everything you said. The only thing is that vehicle health is perfect the way it is, if it were anymore stronger, it’ll probably reach halo 3 levels and that’s just too strong. Well, if their health were to be buffed just a tad bit, that’d be just OK.

I want CE style vehicles :smiley: but really. I think vehicles need more health as they’re so easy to take out with the DMR.

I agree with the sniper. The major thing I would want to see is a buff to their health so that 343 can put more power weapons on maps. For God’s sake at least put the rocket back on hemorrhage!

The Ghost needs a buff in both health and weapon damage. Seriously, the thing used to be good against infantry. Now you’re lucky to get even a few kills before it blows up.

Truthfully I would like to just see a less damage output to all the vehicles. It’s just sad trying to get around in a ghost and or being in a falcon only to be shot every second by 4 DMR’s, only to be taken out in 10 seconds.

1. All weapons apart from the AR and Repeater need to stop doing major damage to vehicles in order to give Warthogs, Banshees and Ghosts longer life spans.
  2. Main weapons on the Ghost, Warthog, Rocket Hog and the Banshee need a buff, while the Flak Cannon needs a slight nerf and 1.5x [the current] reload time.
  3. Vehicle and Player health needs to become interlinked, as in Halo 3.
  4. The Gauss cannon glitch needs to be fixed.
  5. Vehicle physics need to be a little bit heavier for the Warthog and Mongoose to stop them flipping constantly.

I’d like to see light vehicles (ie: Warthog and Ghost) have their armour buffed somewhat in addition to the weakening of the Sniper Rifle. Vehicles should be able to be taken down in two ways - teamshooting, andwith anti-vehicle weapons.

If the Sniper is weakened slightly and the light vehicles receive armour buffs while the Banshee’s flipping ability draws from the boost gauge I think the vehicular combat would work a lot better and people would use light vehicles more often.

What do you mean Halo 3 vehicle health was larger?

Halo 3 vehicle damage was a totally different mechanic!

Halo 3’s vehicle health depended on the drivers shields/health.

So if you’re warthog got shot in H3, its your shields that would take the damage even though your actual spartan wasn’t getting hit. and vehicle health recharges along with the spartans shields.

Sniper rifle makes sense, as it’s an anti-material rifle. It takes about 1 and a half mags to kill a vehicle anyway, which is most of the ammo that it spawns with.

My concerns so far are the Wraith and Banshee. Banshee bomb needs less splash damage and slightly lower damage. Its evade needs to be slowed down too. The Wraith needs to have its splash damage lowered and its ability to spatter removed. Also, I think the Mongoose needs a speed boost. A vehicle that has no weapon whatsoever and bounces around easily can be outrun by a Ghost or Revenant. So I say give the vehicle that has no offensive capabilities whatsoever a little more speed. Another thing, the Ghost needs to be less mobile when boosting. When you boost in a Ghost you can still move around quite easily, so bring it back to Halo 3 style that when your boosting you can barely turn. This decreases its splatter capabilities, and throw some more health on it while we’re at it.

> Sniper rifle makes sense, as it’s an anti-material rifle. It takes about 1 and a half mags to kill a vehicle anyway, which is most of the ammo that it spawns

It takes 4 shots on every Covy vehicle but the Wraith.

I just posted a thread on some of the topics in this thread, and a lot more. Check it out please.

Invasion: What happened to the Elites?

Name is above.

> > Sniper rifle makes sense, as it’s an anti-material rifle. It takes about 1 and a half mags to kill a vehicle anyway, which is most of the ammo that it spawns
>
> It takes 4 shots on every Covy vehicle but the Wraith.

Exactly, a whole mag. And on faster vehicles you’re not even guaranteed to land every shot. If you have very good aim and can hit every shot, it’s still a whole mag.

> > > Sniper rifle makes sense, as it’s an anti-material rifle. It takes about 1 and a half mags to kill a vehicle anyway, which is most of the ammo that it spawns
> >
> > It takes 4 shots on every Covy vehicle but the Wraith.
>
> Exactly, a whole mag. And on faster vehicles you’re not even guaranteed to land every shot. If you have very good aim and can hit every shot, it’s still a whole mag.

No, if you suck then you won’t hit the whole mag. And the Sniper usually spawns with 12 bullets. 4 bullets is a very small price to pay for taking out a Banshee, Revenant, etc.

They probably won’t fix vehicles, tryhards didn’t whine 24/7 about them.

I have played all of the Halos and the 1st thing out of the Box w/Reach was ‘The hog and mongoose are too bouncy’ then I found the sniper could easily kill the hog/mongoose/ghost/tank/banshee…

…and THEN I see the opportunists taking advantage of the Banshee bomb and tricks…

…IF Reach is gonna be ‘fixed’ these things have to be…

> I have played all of the Halos and the 1st thing out of the Box w/Reach was ‘The hog and mongoose are too bouncy’ then I found the sniper could easily kill the hog/mongoose/ghost/tank/banshee…
>
> …and THEN I see the opportunists taking advantage of the Banshee bomb and tricks…
>
> …IF Reach is gonna be ‘fixed’ these things have to be…

True, I like the handling of warthogs in Halo 3 the best, they were more snappy if you know what i mean.