Addressing the S7 Sniper

The sniper has always been one of my favourite weapons to use in Halo, however I have some major issues with halo infinite’s S7 sniper. This implementation of the sniper featureseither bloom or just has poor hit reg (Halo Infinite's Sniper Has Bloom - YouTube) making it less useful when unscoped. The only reason I can see this being implemented is to combat PC players from ‘abusing’ the ability to aim more precisely than controller players and going on a rampage with the thing.

Coming from someone who originally has played halo on console and has moved on to PC I always enjoyed using the sniper, especially in halo reach where it could be utlised at both long and short ranges due to the weapons versatility. I fear that this change to the sniper in infinite may take away from the of the weapon and promote camping as using the sniper in short range combat is barely an option anymore. Gone are the days where you could use the sniper to drop shields before going for the headshot with your secondary weapon to secure the kill.

I found myself avoided the sniper altogether in infinite after a few uses of the weapon, which is a real shame as it used to be one of my favourites. Let me know what you guys think, do you like the new sniper how it is or do you miss the sniper of old? Please leave me youre feedback. Thanks

I don’t like the new sniper a whole lot, but only because I can’t hit my shots with the damn thing. Otherwise I think it’s really nice, and landing headshots is satisfying. Not to mention that the design is clean…

The unscoped spread is bad. From what I understand it’s not even bloom as your first shot can be just as inaccurate as the second.

> 2535472923259036;2:
> I don’t like the new sniper a whole lot, but only because I can’t hit my shots with the damn thing. Otherwise I think it’s really nice, and landing headshots is satisfying. Not to mention that the design is clean…

Don’t blame the weapon or the game, blame the player. At least you’re honest.

As far as I know the sniper only has bloom when you fire it rapidly unscoped. Which is fine with me because it counters spamming of shots hoping to hit.

> 2535452038574519;1:
> The sniper has always been one of my favourite weapons to use in Halo, however I have some major issues with halo infinite’s S7 sniper. This implementation of the sniper featureseither bloom or just has poor hit reg (Halo Infinite's Sniper Has Bloom - YouTube) making it less useful when unscoped. The only reason I can see this being implemented is to combat PC players from ‘abusing’ the ability to aim more precisely than controller players and going on a rampage with the thing.
>
> Coming from someone who originally has played halo on console and has moved on to PC I always enjoyed using the sniper, especially in halo reach where it could be utlised at both long and short ranges due to the weapons versatility. I fear that this change to the sniper in infinite may take away from the of the weapon and promote camping as using the sniper in short range combat is barely an option anymore. Gone are the days where you could use the sniper to drop shields before going for the headshot with your secondary weapon to secure the kill.
>
> I found myself avoided the sniper altogether in infinite after a few uses of the weapon, which is a real shame as it used to be one of my favourites. Let me know what you guys think, do you like the new sniper how it is or do you miss the sniper of old? Please leave me youre feedback. Thanks

I like consistency in my sniper rifles. As long as it’s consistent, I don’t have a problem.

One problem I have which I haven’t seen spoken about yet, is I hate the rate of fire with Infinite’s sniper. It feels so~ slow. Personally I’d love something like 3 or Reach. I think they had the perfect sniper.
Sidenote, not keen on the massive charging handle but that’s being nitpicky.

> 2533274806923063;7:
> One problem I have which I haven’t seen spoken about yet, is I hate the rate of fire with Infinite’s sniper. It feels so~ slow. Personally I’d love something like 3 or Reach. I think they had the perfect sniper.
> Sidenote, not keen on the massive charging handle but that’s being nitpicky.

Yeah totally agree, it does fell a bit slower than usual and a bit clunky. And I do prefer the more classic sniper design but I don’t mind the new one. It is technically a new model anyways

> 2535422212492174;5:
> As far as I know the sniper only has bloom when you fire it rapidly unscoped. Which is fine with me because it counters spamming of shots hoping to hit.

No, there’s also hit reg issues, you can zoom in on someone standing completely still directly on their head and then miss when you unscope. I do agree that bloom is fine to counter spamming shots tho

I agree. If they make the Sniper too challenging to get a hit with, it kind of loses its label as a “Power Weapon”. Players may not even fight for it anymore.

I still think the H2 Sniper was the best, as long as there were BR starts. AR starts is likely the reason the Sniper has gone downhill ever since.