Adding Halo 4 maps to Guardians

I probably gonna get hate for this but i was one of the few that really enjoyed Halo 4 and for one reason specifically…the maps. The maps from Halo 4 had a really good flow to them which i think a lot of Halo 5 maps are missing, the maps that had really good flow from Halo 4 in my opinion are Adrift, Haven and Complex I think it would be a good idea for 343 to add these maps as most of the updates are homage to the Bungie days and they deserve the spotlight for once as they are keeping this franchise going. Anyone agree?

I wasn’t personally I fan of the halo 4 maps, also new maps have to be designed with the new abilities in mind, so they would have to remaster them

What about adding some Classic Halo remakes of maps to BTB, like Blood Gulch from HCE or Sandtrap from H3

I enjoyed quite a few of the maps too, particularly Haven.

Haven was an excellent map, and it had a forerunner theme. I think it might have potential to come back.

Isnt one of the the 343 forge BTB maps inspired by longbow? If not, then longbow might be worth considering too.

Those are the only two notable ones I can think of. Ragnorok (Valhalla) has already been added.

> 2535461850329041;3:
> What about adding some Classic Halo remakes of maps to BTB, like Blood Gulch from HCE or Sandtrap from H3

There already is a Sandtrap remake

I could see Haven, but I’d rather see Halo staples instead. Blood Gulch, Guardian, Sandtrap for BTB. the pit.

Maybe even some random maps from CE, I loved boarding action personally.

> 2533274866682248;6:
> > 2535461850329041;3:
> > What about adding some Classic Halo remakes of maps to BTB, like Blood Gulch from HCE or Sandtrap from H3
>
>
> There already is a Sandtrap remake

And plz plz plz no blood gulch.

> 2613026033821112;7:
> I could see Haven, but I’d rather see Halo staples instead. Blood Gulch, Guardian, Sandtrap for BTB. the pit.
>
> Maybe even some random maps from CE, I loved boarding action personally.

Seriously. Blood gulch has been overplayed. Also, do people not know that Sandtrap is already remade? It’s literally in halo 5 right now.

> 2533274866682248;9:
> Sandtrap is already in H5 BTB…

Get used to saying that apparently lol

> 2613026033821112;7:
> I could see Haven, but I’d rather see Halo staples instead. Blood Gulch, Guardian, Sandtrap for BTB. the pit.
>
> Maybe even some random maps from CE, I loved boarding action personally.

Sandtrap is already in H5 BTB…

With the planned DLC coming to a close, new DLC is for sure in the works. While certain maps are satiated due to Forge (which increases in depth monthly), studio re-imagined “bests” are all but a foregone conclusion.

Now make no mistake, the idea of these maps are remixes of existing maps!!! NO DIFFERENT IN IDEOLOGY SINCE HALO2’S REMAKES, but it’s about adding in specific skybox locals and nuanced interactions, feeling like we are elseworld, while adding in a sense of nostalgia.

They need to work on Halo6 at some point. “Perfecting” Forge is more important than new non-Warzone maps. Which if they reach 10 different WZ’s (so 10 WZA’s too), we’ll be more than set for the next release.

Thanks guys I appreciate all your replies and you’ve brought up some valid points and in regards to having to change to map to work with the new armour abilities please take into consideration jet packs where also a feature in Halo 4 so I cant really see the maps needing to change drastically.

I wasn’t a big fan of most of the stock maps, to be honest. Haven was fun, yes, though there aren’t really any others that I would consider worthy of a remake.

However, the DLC maps were all truly fantastic. Perdition, Daybreak, Skyline, Monolith and Landfall are all maps that I would absolutely love to see again. Those were good examples of how Halo maps should be played.

At this point I’d just like to see any maps inserted into the playlists. It’s absurd that there are all these different and awesome forge maps created by fans and all we’ve seen in arena playlists are new breakout maps and only one - ONE! - map in Pegasus.

I think Haven would be easy to convert for the Halo 5 mechanics. Possibly Adrift as well.

I’d like to see Haven or Adrift

Also I feel like there’s not many open maps like Ragnarok/Valhalla so maybe they could add a few more of them from previous games.

I’d liked to see an exile remake

> 2533274808386392;12:
> I wasn’t a big fan of most of the stock maps, to be honest. Haven was fun, yes, though there aren’t really any others that I would consider worthy of a remake.
>
> However, the DLC maps were all truly fantastic. Perdition, Daybreak, Skyline, Monolith and Landfall are all maps that I would absolutely love to see again. Those were good examples of how Halo maps should be played.

I loved these maps, one of the very few things HALO 4 got right.

I enjoy the Halo 4 maps more than I do Halo 5s. I think the lighting was better in the beta

> 2603643534597848;10:
> With the planned DLC coming to a close, new DLC is for sure in the works. While certain maps are satiated due to Forge (which increases in depth monthly), studio re-imagined “bests” are all but a foregone conclusion.
>
> Now make no mistake, the idea of these maps are remixes of existing maps!!! NO DIFFERENT IN IDEOLOGY SINCE HALO2’S REMAKES, but it’s about adding in specific skybox locals and nuanced interactions, feeling like we are elseworld, while adding in a sense of nostalgia.
>
> They need to work on Halo6 at some point. “Perfecting” Forge is more important than new non-Warzone maps. Which if they reach 10 different WZ’s (so 10 WZA’s too), we’ll be more than set for the next release.

At this point, I just hope they ship HALO 6 as a complete game with many gametypes, maps, REQs or whatever they plan on doing, replayable campaign with scoreboard and timer, Forge, Search parameters and settings. and many Custom Game options.

Is that too much to ask from 343i?