Adding custom maps to the Invasion playlist

like many people im sure, i love Invasion. It is probably one of my most played playlists, but being that i find i never get to play anything but spire and boneyard. I think its about time that we add custom maps into the invasion playlist. I have talked to alot of people who want a separate community invasion playlist, while personally i would prefer to just have custom maps added t the current playlist making a separate community pllaylist is still 100 times better than not having any custom maps for it. What are your thoughts?

They might have to make a few changes to the Forge in order for it to work but something other than the same invasion maps over and over would be nice.(Personally I don’t play invasion much due to people quiting constantly, same with BTB.)

Yeah, it is a bit annoying with people constantly quiting but i find it a really fun objectivbe based gamed due to the multi tiers through it. How do you mean they will need to make changes to the forge? the games are already perfectly set up to work in the same manner that they would in matchmaking

I honestly dont even care if they are good invasion maps, Spire and Boneyard feel so stale… and I only get to play breakpoint once in a blue moon.

Fully support. I love invasion and personally think it needs something new to keep up with the changes made to other playlists.

Support, 100% and unconditionally. Invasion is a decent playlist but is seriously hindered by a lack of variety. It could be a great playlist and one of the most highly-populated if Community Maps/Gametypes were added, or even just variations of current maps/gametypes as a temporary measure would increase the playability by a bit.

I concour, more maps would be nice (preferably with less heavy vehicles and more lighter vehicles. If it must be in a new playlist, so be it, if too many playlists are an issue, mix Grifball with Action sack and join arcadefight and FF limited into a single playlist.

YES!!! We should start a petition. I never play Invasion because frankly I’m sick of Boneyard, Spire, and even Breakpoint.

> I never play Invasion because frankly I’m sick of Boneyard, Spire, and even Breakpoint.

Ditto. Those maps aren’t bad, but they are the only three where you can play actual Invasion. And when I go into the Invasion playlist, I want to play Invasion and not Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage or Elite Skirmish on Boardwalk, for example. Those are just gimmicky mutations of slayer.

Gametypes like Invasion, Race, and Infection need maps that are built solely for them in order to get the best experience. This is why I fully support community maps for these gametypes in MM. I’m sure Bungie didn’t plan on doing all the work for this gametype just to have it playable on only 3 maps (including Breakpoint). I think they were hoping that 343 would expand on the foundation set by them for Reach to give fans the full experience they intended. Bungie couldn’t have done that themselves b/c they had only a short amount of time running the game so they were occupied with just getting all of their final Halo content out like the Insane gametypes, DLC maps, etc. instead of just polishing off what they had done already. Now that 343 is in charge I’m hoping this can happen, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up b/c they’re just as busy with 2 games and a TU to worry about. Playlist changes are the last of their worries at the moment.

I am 100% with this. I have seen custom Invasion maps WAY better then Spire and Bonyard. And it would be great if the rest of the world got to see them as well.

> Yeah, it is a bit annoying with people constantly quiting but i find it a really fun objectivbe based gamed due to the multi tiers through it. How do you mean they will need to make changes to the forge? the games are already perfectly set up to work in the same manner that they would in matchmaking

sorry i dont use the forge much I didnt know the tools to make an invasion map were already there.

> > I never play Invasion because frankly I’m sick of Boneyard, Spire, and even Breakpoint.
>
> Ditto. Those maps aren’t bad, but they are the only three where you can play actual Invasion. And when I go into the Invasion playlist, I want to play Invasion and not Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage or Elite Skirmish on Boardwalk, for example. Those are just gimmicky mutations of slayer.

I completely agree, it turns out that when you go into the invasion playlist and find a match only one of the options is actually invasion, the rest are just inv slayer and skirmish. And gimmicky mutations of slayer? I couldnt have put it better myself. The whole thing is though that you basically only have have spire and boneyard because to play breakpoint every single person has to have the noble map pack, and it doesnt matter if 11 out of 12 have it, if a SINGLE person does not have it then you wont be playing it. I would like it to eventually have about 10 different custom invasion maps plus the 2 (3) maps already existing, perhaps even 15 but i think 10 should be a minimum. In response to the person who said the playlist might eventually become overrun with custom maps and gametypes my first words to you are who cares? its better than the same 2 maps over and over, but i do see your point and it is quite logical so i think they should make it that at least one of the 3 options when voting for a game should be one of the original maps same as atleast one should be a community map. What they do with the third option im not too fussed though i would still prefer for it to be another custom map rather than inv slayer.

> YES!!! We should start a petition. I never play Invasion because frankly I’m sick of Boneyard, Spire, and even Breakpoint.

I agree, but im relatively new to the forums, how can i start a petition to include custom invasion maps into the invasion playlist?

deberian agragar mas mapas a la lista de juego de invasion, ya estoy aburrido solo de jugar spire y boneyard

They would need to add maps that can support 4 players split-screen without lagging.

Not exactly easy.

Invasion isn’t really a popular playlist to forge for due to it’s rather large logistical problems.

As for the few maps that have been forged, I can’t say that they’re very framerate friendly.

> As for the few maps that have been forged, I can’t say that they’re very framerate friendly.

Yeah I was going to say something along the lines of this. It’s one thing to have forged BTB maps, but Invasion is more complex and would require more forge pieces resulting in more frame rate lag.

> > As for the few maps that have been forged, I can’t say that they’re very framerate friendly.
>
> Yeah I was going to say something along the lines of this. It’s one thing to have forged BTB maps, but Invasion is more complex and would require more forge pieces resulting in more frame rate lag.

but you can also remove items and add them depending on the tier to help with framerate and to allow for vehicle travel.

invasion forgers commonly refer to this technique as “gating”

> > > As for the few maps that have been forged, I can’t say that they’re very framerate friendly.
> >
> > Yeah I was going to say something along the lines of this. It’s one thing to have forged BTB maps, but Invasion is more complex and would require more forge pieces resulting in more frame rate lag.
>
> but you can also remove items and add them depending on the tier to help with framerate and to allow for vehicle travel.
>
> invasion forgers commonly refer to this technique as “gating”

I stand corrected then.