Adding counter assasination?

How about adding counter assasination. It is basically just before some one assasinates you, u press a button to counter assasinate the assasin

It’s a great idea if you want to see attempted assassinations less frequently. There’s already a lot of risk and no gameplay benefit to assassinating. Further discouraging assassinations would just lead to more of the quicker and less risky back-smacks.

Would this not lead people to just standing around and the giving them an easy kill?
Its not like its allready hard enough to assassinate someone with teammates that steal your kill,so I say no to your idea.

If you want me to play Halo 5 more, it’s best that remains far away from the game

Counter assassination sounds really bad. If you’re going to get assassinated, then you deserve to get assassinated. You do not deserve an out, and the player that had superior positioning or movement deserves the kill. Or at least the chance at the kill because as EdgeHedgehog said, teammates don’t take kindly to allowing assassinations.

> 2535448076798012;1:
> How about adding counter assasination. It is basically just before some one assasinates you, u press a button to counter assasinate the assasin

Personally I think that sounds like a terrible idea, the whole point of being assassinated is getting a sneaky and fast kill, giving players the option to counter it with just a press of a button would ruin that fun.

The best counter to being assassinated is the radar. We don’t need any more than that.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274843634673;7:
> The best counter to being assassinated is the radar. We don’t need any more than that.

Preach!

Ahh, assassinations are your reward for being able to outsmart your opponents from the back.
Adding a counter to that would be pretty cheap if you ask me, I mean I spent years grinding for this Lawn Dart Assassination, how are they going to counter that, and how is it going to make me happier knowing that they somehow got out of my Brutally Savage Smash Neck Breaker!

It’s a cool idea, I don’t think it worked for Battlefield 4 though, and I REALLY don’t think it’s going to work here.
Again, sounds great on paper, but not so much animation wise, and thinking of those who actually worked to get that assassination just to have it foiled.
If assassinations aren’t desirable, just turn them off, it’s a setting!

Sounds good in theory but , no, definitely not. Bad idea. In practice that would be absolutely awful and pointless because there would be no point in assassination animations as everyone would simply turn them off because they are risky as is and when you can get a guaranteed kill with a back smack instead why bother with a even riskier assassination . Plus you shouldn’t be able to have a free get out of jail card in a game where situationally awareness is so key your rewarding bad play. Bad idea

Maybe if they added a parry move that had to be executed at the right moment then I guess it’s feasible, but I don’t see it working out as intended. Currently we do have a counter and that’s your teammate killing the person before they assassinate you.

> 2535448076798012;1:
> How about adding counter assasination. It is basically just before some one assasinates you, u press a button to counter assasinate the assasin

No. An assassination is a longer version of just kicking someone in the back, which is a one hit kill. So why would anyone still be using assassination if you can counter it with the push of a button? I already have assassinations turned off because of the risk of not being able to finish it… Your idea will make sure everyone will turn off assassination animation.

Absolutely not. The animation already consumes enough time for either your kill to be stolen or for you to get killed while performing it. A counter would just add to that long list of why assassinations are useless.

Besides, as BF4 has proven, counter-assassinations can be way too op as a get-out-of-jail-free card for the would-be victim…