Adding a "GG" (Surrender) Option Into Matchmaking to Reduce Quitting

I’m sure its too late to throw this in reach’s title update, or if its even possible to, but it would be really nice to see an option to surrender similar to when a player would “GG” in a Starcraft match. When one is put in a situation where the game is no longer fair like a 3v4 all the way down to 1v4, it can be a pretty terrible experience, especially when you get to the higher levels of competitive play where 1 person is a significant advantage. Also when people are put into this situation it can push them to quit out of said game and be punished by whatever means the game has, including quit bans, lost xp (h3), and jackpots revoked.

If you have no idea what its like to be stuck in a terrible situation like that just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOq7jtksD1A

It would be really nice to see this feature added into halo and I hope someone that can make a difference sees this.

Another suggested option:

> I just think that if someone quits from your game, that you should not be penalized at all if you quit. Hell, it should offer you the option to quit rather than having to be a man down and be Yoink! in butt by the other team.
>
> This game is already bad at creating balanced teams since the true skill system sucks and teams of 4 can be matched up with 4 randoms.

ABSOLUTELY.

it sucks SO bad that you have 3 choices that are all terrible when your teammates quit. you either leave and get penalized, stay and have a hard time having fun when you are massively outnumbered (and the other team is probably milking the game for KD, and cR), or you AFK and risk being banned.

this should 100% be in halo 4.

AGREED! 110%

This would be awesome. 343 could disable the abililty to surrender until certain parameters have been met, like players have quit, or a score board spread has been met. I love this idea.

Also, unrelated, I’d like to see an auto-kick on people who are repeatedly suiciding themselves for whatever reason. Seems like an easy thing to caputre this is happening and just kick the from the game and then enable the surrender option.

> ABSOLUTELY.
>
> it sucks SO bad that you have 3 choices that are all terrible when your teammates quit. you either leave and get penalized, stay and have a hard time having fun when you are massively outnumbered (and the other team is probably milking the game for KD, and cR), or you AFK and risk being banned.
>
> this should 100% be in halo 4.

Wait for it…

WAIT FOR IT…

I agree with iQ.

Yes. I think that whenever somebody leaves from your team, your whole team should have the option to surrender so they don’t have to waste their time grinding out the game while your other selfish “teammate” goes to another, fair match.

Yes please. This feature is much needed

Hmmm, I could go with a sort of reason for the surrender. At least 2 or 3 different reasons to surrender.

1. No Joy. Not enough players. Ends the game at a loss.
  2. Dominated. The other team is dominating so much that players could start quitting, leading to a No Joy anyways. Probably needs initial requirements to become available. Like time elapsed and team kill total differences. Of the 2, least needed.
  3. Abused. Needs the most attention so that it itself isn’t abused. Pretty much the other team is not playing the objective game, they’re hoarding kills/medals/insulting the loosing the team or they’re using unsanctioned means to garner a win. Needs equally serious consequences for abusers of this system who falsely accuse.

Of course, to come up with this democratically… does everyone remaining have to vote to surrender or do 1 or 2 players have the power of veto?

Absolutely disagree. Such option shall never be in a Halo game as long as 343 claims to love Halo.

Are you a puppet or a Spartan?

Also, it would make quitting that much more frequent.

Auto-end the game if Team 1 has >50% of the members of Team 2. It’s no fun hunting down one or two guys on Hemmorhage.

No, don’t do it. This would get abused. I still suck it up and finish games when I play by myself in Team Slayer or Snipers when we’re getting smashed and a teammate has left.

And don’t reward the quitters any credits.

I agree to an extent, however, you have to take into account all the kids who would GG out with only a couple kills to go. This could get really annoying. Maybe if the game recognizes that its 1v4 or even 2v4, it could give you the option, but ONLY if this is the case.

Would be nice :slight_smile:

I agree 100%. I think is should be where there has to be a majority of players on the surrendering team that has to vote on the surrender. We don’t want one man wielding that power. Troll town.

I agree but in only one condition everyone on your team has to vote to surrender if one person says no it doesn’t surrender

Even simpler, take away quit bans so that players can freely quit out of games when they’ve given up on trying to win.

This is a great idea but it would have to be handled very carefully by 343i. It is still worth a shot though, its got potential. You should take this over to the Official Halo Feedback Thread.

Yes Ive had this idea before also.

It would be a welcomed addition

I’m split.

Spartans don’t run from battles.

But who the hell likes to fight 1 v 8?