Adding a "Combat Training" mode

Sometime I want to work on my accuracy by myself without being penalized or under achieving. I don’t mean it as an “Oh get good scrub” I mean it as things I want to try out but I sorta care about my rank and K/D and the social playlist is really weird to play either people aren’t that good or it doesn’t always include the setting I want to practice on. I feel like this type of mode should be a basic thing in Shooting games. Although it would be incorporated vastly differently the core fundamental would be the same. Playing Firefight and/or Campaign is mediocre at best because of the weapons you consistently have in hand (warzone as a whole falls under the social playlist for me). I think there should be a new game mode with bots to play against. The cool thing about CoD’s Combat training is that on the harder difficulty the bots become “impossible” meaning aim assist and near perfect movement to beat you. What makes this fun is the fact that you literally have to think outside the box to kill them almost becoming a bot yourself. This helped players learn map tricks and helped their aim increase dramatically, especially when they wanted to learn certain weapons without the punishment of de-ranking or messing up their K/D. You can’t octagon by yourself and sometimes your friends aren’t on or aren’t down for playing halo so it’ll give you another genuine way to practice without the tilt of people cursing you out because you hogged the sniper all match trying to work on your shot. Forge maps were the targets are pretty linear and straight forward or moves in patterns that is easily predictable doesn’t help a bit either although the concept is nice something down to earth is needed less fuss then online but more then what everything else halo has to offer. Even games like Battlefield has a shooting range for players to freely use and learn ow to use their weapons better. *Disclaimer: Battlefields gameplay is vastly different then Halo’s, the shooting game there is more realism and uses more realistic features. Halo is closer to CoD namely the Black Ops series. Any who I strongly would love to see a mode like this implemented. Thank you for reading!

> 2533274820859440;1:
> Playing Firefight and/or Campaign is mediocre at best because of the weapons you consistently have in hand (warzone as a whole falls under the social playlist for me).

I would say campaign is good for learning the basics of the basics, such as movement and button layout, for new players. When I play a new Halo game, the first thing I do is beat campaign, and I would recommend others do the same if they aren’t familiar with it. Campaign is a decent way to warm up for multiplayer but you can’t really expect it to improve your skill very much.

> 2533274820859440;1:
> I think there should be a new game mode with bots to play against. The cool thing about CoD’s Combat training is that on the harder difficulty the bots become “impossible” meaning aim assist and near perfect movement to beat you. What makes this fun is the fact that you literally have to think outside the box to kill them almost becoming a bot yourself.

Were you thinking inside of a literal box to begin with? I wouldn’t be against a game mode with bots like you described, but I’d rather have 343 focus on adding other game modes to Halo 6, first. I mean, I don’t want it to launch without important things like firefight if they spent the time to add a mode with practice bots. Otherwise I wouldn’t mind.

> 2533274820859440;1:
> You can’t octagon by yourself and sometimes your friends aren’t on or aren’t down for playing halo so it’ll give you another genuine way to practice without the tilt of people cursing you out because you hogged the sniper all match trying to work on your shot.

That’s definitely more of a problem with the people, than the game. It’s sad that players can be so toxic. Maybe they’ll grow up someday. But I understand the first problem because most of my friends got bored with Halo :confused: But if you’re looking to practice your aim, maybe asking people on the forums to Octagon with you would be better than bots, anyway.

Feel free to use the wishlist threads.