Add Weapon Swap (please)

I think it is dumb when I want to give the Sniper rifle to someone, I have to run around looking for a weapon on the ground, then say “Hey dude come over here for the Sniper.” ROFL

343 Can you hear me, it’s dumb.

Let me press some button or combination of buttons to permit a surrender of my weapon.

Please add this to your plans, you can take all the credit.

It you would like this feature added please post… don’t just read it, let 343 know.

Thanks.

I also have an idea that my friends think is cool. Combination Invasion/Firefight game-type, coming to the forums to be trashed soon. :slight_smile:

Yeah I guess they could just add a little option to do this with the D-Pad or something, it’s not like they need it for other things… I mean unless they have something “special” planned for it in H4.

I agree, and THIS!

The function of dropping or throwing your weapon:

1. Allows for weapon swaps

2. Thrown weapons can kill, if necessary

3. If you drop every weapon, you are unarmed. Handy for films.

> Yeah I guess they could just add a little option to do this with the D-Pad or something, it’s not like they need it for other things… I mean unless they have something “special” planned for it in H4.

Special x4 LOL

Like the idea btw

I think it is in 343’s interest to allow characters to be unarmed for Machinima, I don’t know why Bungie did not make that happen, they had there chance though. It’s the age of 343 now. I agree with this too.

> I agree, and THIS!
>
> The function of dropping or throwing your weapon:
>
> 1) Allows for weapon swaps
>
> 2) Thrown weapons can kill, if necessary
>
> 3) If you drop every weapon, you are unarmed. Handy for films.

I totally agree. I beileve it woud be simple to add to the game even. 343 just has to like it and add it. I don’t think of would be to difficult.

A side note, it would be an opportunity for a double kill for the opposing team too. :slight_smile:

> Yeah I guess they could just add a little option to do this with the D-Pad or something, it’s not like they need it for other things… I mean unless they have something “special” planned for it in H4.

I’m not gonna lie… I think 343i should steal all the new functions in Gears of War 3.

Weapon Swap. I don’t use it a bunch but it does come in handy.

Spotting. Hey here over their! WHERE??? OVER THEIR!!! WHERE??? Spots him out Oh ok cool thanks dude.

HUD xray thing. Displays where all the weapons on the map are and where your team is at.

Ammo Sharing. It’s nice.

After playing Gears I finally came back to Reach and realized that it’s so difficult to explain where the enemies are at sometimes. Spotting is way to awesome to not have in every single game.

Interesting. I’ve never played Gears before, I did not know that. But Halo has had that in campaign for years, possibly before Gears? Swapping weapons with AI started in Halo 2 I believe.

Good stuff dude. Thanks for posting up.

343 Should add it. I can’t hurt.

And your dialogue is Spot On man! That’s exactly what happens.

> I’m not gonna lie… I think 343i should steal all the new functions in Gears of War 3.
>
> Weapon Swap. I don’t use it a bunch but it does come in handy.
>
> Spotting. Hey here over their! WHERE??? OVER THEIR!!! WHERE??? Spots him out Oh ok cool thanks dude.
>
> HUD xray thing. Displays where all the weapons on the map are and where your team is at.
>
> Ammo Sharing. It’s nice.
>
>
> After playing Gears I finally came back to Reach and realized that it’s so difficult to explain where the enemies are at sometimes. Spotting is way to awesome to not have in every single game.

> Spotting. Hey here over their! WHERE??? OVER THEIR!!! WHERE??? Spots him out Oh ok cool thanks dude.

Woah, that sounds awesome. Haven’t played any gears games so I hadn’t even thought of this but it would be great.

People will complain that “you should just use callouts” but lettuce be reality: not all of our friends care enough to know them. I’m going to play with my friends no matter how skilled they are. And besides which, not everyone wants to be in tryhard mode 24/7. Just make it optional so it can be turned off for ranked/MLG.

> HUD xray thing. Displays where all the weapons on the map are and where your team is at.

Maybe if it’s only in a limited area of just where you can see by making them “glow” a bit like the night vision in ODST, but the whole map wouldn’t work for Halo. Halo is all about power weapon and map control, showing everyone where every weapon at any time is would be too powerful with Halo’s gameplay. The ODST outline/vision thing would be fine though, sometimes it’s annoying when a weapon is lying just out of view and you can’t tell from your angle if it’s an AR or BR.

> Ammo Sharing. It’s nice.

Guess it could be a bit handy in some cases… more of a lower priority though because Halo is a faster-paced game so generally by the time you get over to someone, you’re already engaging another person.

Overall, I like this kind of thinking a lot more than Bungie’s. When looking at other games for ideas, it seemed as though they decided to copy entire mechanics and gameplay flow rather than just the handy, convenience-type features which they should have been looking at. Trying to copy the entire flow will just result in a poorly-made clone.

> Interesting. I’ve never played Gears before, I did not know that. But Halo has had that in campaign for years, possibly before Gears? Swapping weapons with AI started in Halo 2 I believe.
>
> Good stuff dude. Thanks for posting up.
>
> 343 Should add it. I can’t hurt.
>
> And your dialogue is Spot On man! That’s exactly what happens.
>
>
>
> > I’m not gonna lie… I think 343i should steal all the new functions in Gears of War 3.
> >
> > Weapon Swap. I don’t use it a bunch but it does come in handy.
> >
> > Spotting. Hey here over their! WHERE??? OVER THEIR!!! WHERE??? Spots him out Oh ok cool thanks dude.
> >
> > HUD xray thing. Displays where all the weapons on the map are and where your team is at.
> >
> > Ammo Sharing. It’s nice.
> >
> >
> > After playing Gears I finally came back to Reach and realized that it’s so difficult to explain where the enemies are at sometimes. Spotting is way to awesome to not have in every single game.

Yeah Halo had it in Campiagn before Gears of War 1 even existed lol. Which is a bigger reason for 343 to add it. It basically already exists.

I think there should be a game mode called hostage, where enemies try to take your men hostage and keep them prisoner. This tread also made me think about an option called surrender, If you’re out numbered you can drop your weapons or just one to fool them, this will allow you to preserve your own life in sticky situations or it can draw enemies in for a sudden attack or suicide bomb :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. Press right on the D-Pad to suggest swap. Press right on the D-Pad to accept swap. Simple.

> > Spotting. Hey here over their! WHERE??? OVER THEIR!!! WHERE??? Spots him out Oh ok cool thanks dude.
>
> Woah, that sounds awesome. Haven’t played any gears games so I hadn’t even thought of this but it would be great.
>
> People will complain that “you should just use callouts” but lettuce be reality: not all of our friends care enough to know them. I’m going to play with my friends no matter how skilled they are. And besides which, not everyone wants to be in tryhard mode 24/7. Just make it optional so it can be turned off for ranked/MLG.
>
>
>
>
>
> > HUD xray thing. Displays where all the weapons on the map are and where your team is at.
>
> Maybe if it’s only in a limited area of just where you can see by making them “glow” a bit like the night vision in ODST, but the whole map wouldn’t work for Halo. Halo is all about power weapon and map control, showing everyone where every weapon at any time is would be too powerful with Halo’s gameplay. The ODST outline/vision thing would be fine though, sometimes it’s annoying when a weapon is lying just out of view and you can’t tell from your angle if it’s an AR or BR.
>
>
>
>
>
> > Ammo Sharing. It’s nice.
>
> Guess it could be a bit handy in some cases… more of a lower priority though because Halo is a faster-paced game so generally by the time you get over to someone, you’re already engaging another person.
>
>
>
>
>
> Overall, I like this kind of thinking a lot more than Bungie’s. When looking at other games for ideas, it seemed as though they decided to copy entire mechanics and gameplay flow rather than just the handy, convenience-type features which they should have been looking at. Trying to copy the entire flow will just result in a poorly-made clone.

The whole xray thing is like an outline of where your peeps are. It’s the same concept as the emblems over your head and whatnot. And the weapons thing isn’t to show you where they are at at all times. It shows the weapon spawns whether the weapons are at spawn or not. It’s nice for people that don’t have every single map figured out. I played Halo 2 for years on end and I still found random frags on some maps within the last few weeks of the games life. It would be nice to just have a in game guide.

Simple :wink:

> I agree. Press right on the D-Pad to suggest swap. Press right on the D-Pad to accept swap. Simple.

The throwing weapons can kill idea is lame.

I don’t care much for throwing a weapon. I like the swapping.

> The throwing weapons can kill idea is lame.

I disagree on that Bahamut. I mean, cones can kill, so why can’t moving weapons aswell.

Granted, no one hit, or even two hit, but it can save your life if you’re in an AR duel and need to reload. It could be that last bit of damage needed to kill the other.

The only reason I don’t like the Xray to show where the weapons are is because that’s part of my “edge up” on the competition. It’s almost like showing part of my hand to the other team. (cards reference there)

For example some people still swear that the Fuel Rod Canon is not on Spire. You know what I mean. I like that people don’t know where things are and I do.

Is that bad? Maybe…

Is there an idea you have around that? I know you mean friendlies, but sometimes friendlies rush weapons that they do use well just because of the power. Am I making any sense? Who knows :wink:

> > > Spotting. Hey here over their! WHERE??? OVER THEIR!!! WHERE??? Spots him out Oh ok cool thanks dude.
> >
> > Woah, that sounds awesome. Haven’t played any gears games so I hadn’t even thought of this but it would be great.
> >
> > People will complain that “you should just use callouts” but lettuce be reality: not all of our friends care enough to know them. I’m going to play with my friends no matter how skilled they are. And besides which, not everyone wants to be in tryhard mode 24/7. Just make it optional so it can be turned off for ranked/MLG.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > HUD xray thing. Displays where all the weapons on the map are and where your team is at.
> >
> > Maybe if it’s only in a limited area of just where you can see by making them “glow” a bit like the night vision in ODST, but the whole map wouldn’t work for Halo. Halo is all about power weapon and map control, showing everyone where every weapon at any time is would be too powerful with Halo’s gameplay. The ODST outline/vision thing would be fine though, sometimes it’s annoying when a weapon is lying just out of view and you can’t tell from your angle if it’s an AR or BR.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > Ammo Sharing. It’s nice.
> >
> > Guess it could be a bit handy in some cases… more of a lower priority though because Halo is a faster-paced game so generally by the time you get over to someone, you’re already engaging another person.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Overall, I like this kind of thinking a lot more than Bungie’s. When looking at other games for ideas, it seemed as though they decided to copy entire mechanics and gameplay flow rather than just the handy, convenience-type features which they should have been looking at. Trying to copy the entire flow will just result in a poorly-made clone.
>
> The whole xray thing is like an outline of where your peeps are. It’s the same concept as the emblems over your head and whatnot. And the weapons thing isn’t to show you where they are at at all times. It shows the weapon spawns whether the weapons are at spawn or not. It’s nice for people that don’t have every single map figured out. I played Halo 2 for years on end and I still found random frags on some maps within the last few weeks of the games life. It would be nice to just have a in game guide.

I personally think throwing a weapon is only good comedy. Just imagine your Spartan runs out of ammo and throws his gun at the opponent and runs away. They do that in movies for funny reason, comedy. I just would not look right. Let’s leave the weapon throw to grenades. That’s just me man, that’s just me.

> I disagree on that Bahamut. I mean, cones can kill, so why can’t moving weapons aswell.
>
> Granted, no one hit, or even two hit, but it can save your life if you’re in an AR duel and need to reload. It could be that last bit of damage needed to kill the other.

If a Spartan II can lift tanks, I’m sure they can find the strength to throw a gun into a guy’s head… A last resort, seeing as the weapon would break along with the target. But it would be kind of funny, that’s true. Imagine the guy throws an empty sniper rifle like a spear - har har impaled!