Add Pelican, Phantom, And Scarab For New Dlc.

You could easily and quickly fly from place to place. You could integrate in into game types.Endless hours of fun.Does not have to be in matchmaking.Just for forge and customs.Change color would be sweetPick up/Drop off teammates for awesome custom games.Use as an escape pod for some zombie game types.Great for new and creative screenshots. Great for awesome Machinemas. It would be what we always wanted.

If you like this ideas so far follow this link to the original thread were it shows so much more ideas including Pelican, Phantom, Scarab and even An Elephant. link:www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspz?postId=49709296&postRepeater1-p=1.

anybody?

YES!I have always wanted this! I hate to sound obsessed but i have followed like every single one of those threads. It is already possible in campaign to drive the Pelican and Phantom, so I dont belive that it would be too difficult to transfer the files of codes over to multiplayer( I’m not sure how hard that would actually be but doesn’t sound too hard). Even just those two would be absolutely amazing and would Forge to peak in perfection in the vehicle category( Still Hoping for a Bigger and Better ForgeWorld :wink: ). But as I was saying, the files are already in the game so all that would be needed is an HUD and to fix up the details so it would be good for passengers and maybe a gunner(turret) or two. These threads on Bnet are Huge in the community and i just don’t really understand why they won’t put them into forge, they in no way have to bee in Matchmaking, just to be in custom games and forge for the pure enjoyment and the feel of epicness as you carry your whole team. 343… This is my wish for future DLC, but whether you read this or not, that wish will stillremin :). So my point to all of this is, Why Not? There is clearly a mass of the community that Really wants this and if the coding is already in the game, again I say, Why Not?
I am All for this and Support it 100%! Please carry this thread onward.

Sorry for all the grammar mistakes in my last post, I can’t type fast and well at the same time. haha

> YES!I have always wanted this! I hate to sound obsessed but i have followed like every single one of those threads. It is already possible in campaign to drive the Pelican and Phantom, so I dont belive that it would be too difficult to transfer the files of codes over to multiplayer( I’m not sure how hard that would actually be but doesn’t sound too hard). Even just those two would be absolutely amazing and would Forge to peak in perfection in the vehicle category( Still Hoping for a Bigger and Better ForgeWorld :wink: ). But as I was saying, the files are already in the game so all that would be needed is an HUD and to fix up the details so it would be good for passengers and maybe a gunner(turret) or two. These threads on Bnet are Huge in the community and i just don’t really understand why they won’t put them into forge, they in no way have to bee in Matchmaking, just to be in custom games and forge for the pure enjoyment and the feel of epicness as you carry your whole team. 343… This is my wish for future DLC, but whether you read this or not, that wish will stillremin :). So my point to all of this is, Why Not? There is clearly a mass of the community that Really wants this and if the coding is already in the game, again I say, Why Not?
> I am All for this and Support it 100%! Please carry this thread onward.

haha ok

As I said before, Bungie, 343 Industries, and all those other Halo creators could have made Halo:Reach a REALLY EPIC GAME, but they didn’t. It is just a very good Halo game. My answer to this problem is to either create a new Halo game, or just give them what they want.

> As I said before, Bungie, 343 Industries, and all those other Halo creators could have made Halo:Reach a REALLY EPIC GAME, but they didn’t. It is just a very good Halo game. My answer to this problem is to either create a new Halo game, or just give them what they want.

agreed

I’m for this all the way…& I can prove without a shout of doubt they are in the game. If you check out my file share you’ll find video footage of me flying both threw New Monbasa…its a glitch…but its still possible. But, I’d love to have larger ships…on larger maps…like in tribes 2.

Frankly…it would be nice to be able to use the extra seats in the Falcon for transport like in campagin for multi-player.

> I’m for this all the way…& I can prove without a shout of doubt they are in the game. If you check out my file share you’ll find video footage of me flying both threw New Monbasa…its a glitch…but its still possible. But, I’d love to have larger ships…on larger maps…like in tribes 2.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes_2
>
> Frankly…it would be nice to be able to use the extra seats in the Falcon for transport like in campagin for multi-player.

think you mean new alexandria and yeah i know you can fly them

yup, that’s the one.

Dont want to spoil the idea. But this will not happen. Half the team in a pelican? That would be terible gameplay. Games that try to be too cool or flashy get left in the dust. Even if you made the teams large the the Battlefeild games, The lag would be Bad. I think we will have to wait for a few halos before the game could handle this much power.

You think so? That’s only because the guys at Microsoft, 343, & Bungie don’t know what their doing in regards to network play. I used to play PC shooters over dial up (Tribes 2, Counter Strike, Unreal, etc.) back in my youth, & I hardily ever had any lag back then. If this could be done 10+ years ago…with two to three times the player count…on machines that were inferior to the x-box 360 by far. There just isn’t an excuse…& 5 guys wouldn’t be half the team…not if your playing on a 20 or 30 man team…I know your worried about a huge multi-kill. But, no one says it has to explode upon being hit…it can just go down…giving the pilot a chance to land it before it blows…or giving everyone a chance to jump.

I think it would be great and is deffinately possible but the scarab seems very unlikely

> I think it would be great and is deffinately possible but the scarab seems very unlikely

agreed

> Dont want to spoil the idea. But this will not happen. Half the team in a pelican? That would be terible gameplay. Games that try to be too cool or flashy get left in the dust. Even if you made the teams large the the Battlefeild games, The lag would be Bad. I think we will have to wait for a few halos before the game could handle this much power.

its only for customs so no one really cares

> You think so? That’s only because the guys at Microsoft, 343, & Bungie don’t know what their doing in regards to network play. I used to play PC shooters over dial up (Tribes 2, Counter Strike, Unreal, etc.) back in my youth, & I hardily ever had any lag back then. If this could be done 10+ years ago…with two to three times the player count…on machines that were inferior to the x-box 360 by far. There just isn’t an excuse…& 5 guys wouldn’t be half the team…not if your playing on a 20 or 30 man team…I know your worried about a huge multi-kill. But, no one says it has to explode upon being hit…it can just go down…giving the pilot a chance to land it before it blows…or giving everyone a chance to jump.

Although this is a decent idea, I jut don’t really think that 20-30 man teams will be a good idea. The most I think should be on a team is 10 people, anything over will be too hectic unless the maps are drastically enlarged but I don’t see that happening. I do believe that it could be supported but it most likely won’t happen.
I think that 8 on 8 is good for Pelicans or Phantoms, nobody said the whole team had to pile into it maybe only 5 people but either way I like your idea about how it wouldn’t explode immediately if shot too much. Or maybe even hearing an alarm inside the pelican when you are on the brink of destruction so that most of the crew can bail while the brave players stay and go suicide like Carter. Epic.

But again, this does NOT have to be in Matchmaking, just for the pure enjoyment and epicness in Forge and Custom Games. Making sweet Gametypes and epic Maps. The fun would be endless even if only the Pelican and Phantom were put into Forge. Here’s Hoping.

Lecto Sama:
You think so? That’s only because the guys at Microsoft, 343, & Bungie don’t know what their doing in regards to network play. I used to play PC shooters over dial up (Tribes 2, Counter Strike, Unreal, etc.) back in my youth, & I hardily ever had any lag back then. If this could be done 10+ years ago…with two to three times the player count…on machines that were inferior to the x-box 360 by far. There just isn’t an excuse…& 5 guys wouldn’t be half the team…not if your playing on a 20 or 30 man team…I know your worried about a huge multi-kill. But, no one says it has to explode upon being hit…it can just go down…giving the pilot a chance to land it before it blows…or giving everyone a chance to jump.

Yeah, but a pc isnt an xbox.

Don’t forget the elephant!

They really cannot just add vehicles as easily as you guys think. Specially vehicles of that caliber.

I would assume to do so, the game would need a giant title update, and would it really be worth it, it wouldn’t even have much of a use in MM unless in like Invasion or BTB. It would be very overused, not even to mention how it would handle in terms of frame rate performance. I would predict it would be terrible.