add more penalties for leaving in progress?

i feel like its too often that i find myself in a 3v4, 2v4, or 1v4 game of slayer because as soon as our team falls behind a few kills (like 5-8) people start backing out. this is very amnoying to me because even in these games where people leave our team only loses by a few kills, enough to where if that other guy had stayed we would have won. does anyone else have this issue as well? i had 4 games in a row last night where people left, one of them ended up being a 1v4. left me pretty salty.

I rarely see an arena game these days that finishes 4v4.

For solo searchers such as myself it basically makes ranks pointless. Also, in a game with infinite smurfs, bans are not a deterrent anymore. You would need to console ban the player to stand a chance of it acting as a deterrent.

Happens all the time now…my son and a family friend and I usually play together. This leaves only one “randy” but seldom if ever does a game finish 4 v 4. It is annoying. I know people still get kicked sometimes from matchmaking but it’s hard to believe it has gotten this bad. I still struggle trying to understand the mentality behind quitting.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

agreed

> 2535440507647986;1:
> i feel like its too often that i find myself in a 3v4, 2v4, or 1v4 game of slayer because as soon as our team falls behind a few kills (like 5-8) people start backing out. this is very amnoying to me because even in these games where people leave our team only loses by a few kills, enough to where if that other guy had stayed we would have won. does anyone else have this issue as well? i had 4 games in a row last night where people left, one of them ended up being a 1v4. left me pretty salty.

There is a ban system in place to deal with misconduct in matchmaking which includes quitting. Further details can be found in the ban thread linked in my signature. There is also a CSR drop that accompanies a DNF in ranked play.

theres already a penatly for that. if you leave 2 games in a row you wil get a 10 minute ban. in addition, you will lose massive csr progress for each leave.

> 2535440507647986;1:
> i feel like its too often that i find myself in a 3v4, 2v4, or 1v4 game of slayer because as soon as our team falls behind a few kills (like 5-8) people start backing out. this is very amnoying to me because even in these games where people leave our team only loses by a few kills, enough to where if that other guy had stayed we would have won. does anyone else have this issue as well? i had 4 games in a row last night where people left, one of them ended up being a 1v4. left me pretty salty.

I would agree to that but with the way the servers are kicking lately I don’t want a bad penalty for something I didn’t do I’ve never quit a match.

agreed. maybe servers should be able to decipher the difference because of someome leaving intentionally and someone getting DC’d. i don’t know much about how all of that works though so i can’t say much

I was in a 1v6 the other day in a btb game…

Yeah if servers knew if someone left or got kicked I’d be all for it but unfortunately I don’t think it can I’ve been kicked a few times from games and have gotten 5-10 minute bans.

hell no, no more penatlys. i leave games because others do and dont need the 100 deaths or the biggest reason is that your teammate stats killing you for the other team… most irritating…

I agree on this. If people don’t complete, don’t play… i think that they could increase the time limits of bans and increase the penalties. This will overall also increase the worth of their ranking system and make people truly earn their ranks. Which will again decrease people leaving, since they only meet people with the same skills…

yeah I really hate these players that do that, I think they should give penalties on rank or something for leaving, Unless they have their xbox shutoff, that just means they rlly had to go XD

I’m not sure I agree completely. I almost never quit. I have purposely quit about 2 games since Halo came out. One was due to an emergency and the other was because of a) a severely mismatched game and b) the rest of the team quit leaving me to be slaughtered for the next 30 kills (score was like 20 - 3 when people started quitting). The penalty system needs to be much more sophisticated. They need to do a much better job of distinguishing between quits and disconnects and server problems. They also need to more heavily penalize the first person to quit than the last person. 343 also needs to fix matchmaking so that blatant mismatches don’t happen. I’m not the greatest player, but like I said I almost never quit a game. But I recently (as a Platinum) played against a Champion and an Onyx in Arena. There is no way that should happen (I didn’t quit FWIW).