Add Mapvote/Veto or This?

Surprise 343 hasent added a Map vote/veto but just incase they decide not to for whatever reason, heres my other ideal.

Now i just thought of this yesterday and it sounds like a good idea, Similar to Gta Online make it where when you get the Carnage Report you have the option to “Like and Dislike” the map/Gamemode and if you like something you have more of a chance to get it in matchmaking but its not guaranteed but your chance is higher to get it then something you disliked.

What you guys think

Sounds good, but I worry you’d end up getting the same maps too often. I’m already sick to death of some BTB maps that appear waaaay more often than others, when there’s some that I don’t think I’ve played for months. At the very least I would like a veto option though!

With that sort of system, some maps would never be played while others would be overplayed. A veto or voting system would be optimal, though it’ll never happen in H5. Not after almost fifteen months.

I think a veto is all that’s needed. The issue is playing the same maps over and over, and ultimately a voting system won’t be any better than the RNG selection that h5 does. Does anyone remember playing haven, exile, ragnarok, pit, guardian, valahalla, narrows over and over and over? That’s what a voting system will do. It’s people’s nature to vote for their favorite map rather than voting for variety. Either add a veto to alleviate the issue or 343 need to put more RNG into their map selection.

edit: forgot to reply to ops idea. I don’t play enough of gta to really understand how it works. You’re saying it’s setup to where the higher liked games/maps occur yes? And dislikes drop the occurances? If so I think halo may as well just stick to it current setup but try to rotate maps/modes more often. I only say so because the gta setup still seems like a voting thing in the end and people would still be picking favorites while neglecting the rest.

I am satisfied with the way it is.

I’m going to advocate strongly against this idea here. The MCC was ruined by the voting system after the Halo 3 fanboys took over. I quit playing a few months ago and play only H5 now because MCC turned into nothing but Halo 3 all the time. How boring and dissapointing it was to see 4 games reduced down to 1 in multiplayer. And then we had the issue of trolls voting for broken maps and then quitting.

Keep it on a rotating playlist. Every map and mode will get played eventually this way. Just be patient and wait for your favorite one to come up. Don’t punish others by making enjoyable maps obsolete because they will get outvoted.

That might work but i doubt it will happen in halo 5. However if they do I’m sure pegasus and orion will be the most underplayed maps in arena

Veto system where map pops up veto it then next map you are forced to have. I do not want to give people the power to vote maps like in COD then you always map the same maps and I just hate it.

> 2535452518929489;6:
> I’m going to advocate strongly against this idea here. The MCC was ruined by the voting system after the Halo 3 fanboys took over. I quit playing a few months ago and play only H5 now because MCC turned into nothing but Halo 3 all the time. How boring and dissapointing it was to see 4 games reduced down to 1 in multiplayer. And then we had the issue of trolls voting for broken maps and then quitting.
>
> Keep it on a rotating playlist. Every map and mode will get played eventually this way. Just be patient and wait for your favorite one to come up. Don’t punish others by making enjoyable maps obsolete because they will get outvoted.

To be fair crossing games like the mcc did was bound to fail like that anyways. They should’ve tried separating them more and maybe having one playlist be crossed. The difference between halo 5 and mcc is h5 isn’t mixed to where that won’t happen to that degree.

still vs voting in the end as people ultimately vote for their favorites instead of trying to mix it up a bit.

Perhaps I am just jaded by the MCC experience but I never want to see the voting system again. Another person mentioned that it will boil down to the same 2 or 3 maps getting voted all the time. Keep the rotation for all playlists going. They should all occur at the same rate however. I got KOTH on Freight 3 out of five times this afternoon in the action sack. That is also unacceptable I think.

Yes and no to be honest. I lost count how many times people in MCC voted for Halo 3 over CE, 2 and 4 in BTB it just got stale for me and yes at the same time, I would like to veto Molten as many times as I would like and also veto any gamemode that’s been on repeat for over 2 matches.

Good idea. I also liked the old voting thing too. I would like any voting thing because I still haven’t tried some maps or Minigames.

> 2533274923562209;9:
> > 2535452518929489;6:
> > I’m going to advocate strongly against this idea here. The MCC was ruined by the voting system after the Halo 3 fanboys took over. I quit playing a few months ago and play only H5 now because MCC turned into nothing but Halo 3 all the time. How boring and dissapointing it was to see 4 games reduced down to 1 in multiplayer. And then we had the issue of trolls voting for broken maps and then quitting.
> >
> > Keep it on a rotating playlist. Every map and mode will get played eventually this way. Just be patient and wait for your favorite one to come up. Don’t punish others by making enjoyable maps obsolete because they will get outvoted.
>
> To be fair crossing games like the mcc did was bound to fail like that anyways. They should’ve tried separating them more and maybe having one playlist be crossed. The difference between halo 5 and mcc is h5 isn’t mixed to where that won’t happen to that degree.
>
> still vs voting in the end as people ultimately vote for their favorites instead of trying to mix it up a bit.

Or having to deal with bad maps, or play the same 2 dang maps 10 times in a row, which is all that happens in social.

I just want the old veto system back, and paid dlc. 343 wont change how halo 5 matchmaking works becuase they wanted the core game to have map rotation, not the veto system. I think the idea of favoriting maps so they would show up more is unfair and unbalanced.

They need to cut the BS… heavily weighting new maps/even previously released DLC maps and not changing the ratios at all for months or until the next map releases.

Balance the map ratios! It’s like a 70% chance you’ll play a post-launch map and the launch maps are generally the superior designs… a typical night on H5 is this… Mercy, Torque, Molten, Stasis, Tyrant… for a while there Overgrowth… rinse and repeat.

If anything, there should be a SLIGHT emphasis on launch maps over some of these DLC maps, but everything should be relatively equal when the game searches for a map.

With the current system, Veto is much needed. It’s SO OFTEN that I get stuck between Torque and Mercy from game to game. Two LOWER TIER maps on H5!

I’d love to see the veto system return. I don’t think the voting would really be a good idea because you would get the same maps over and over, and I don’t think the GTA thing would work for competitive playlists because you could exploit the system to only play the maps you preform well on.