Add Halo 4 armors to Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer

The title says it all. Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer runs on a modified version of the Halo 4 engine, and after what they did with Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST, it stands to reason that assets could be easily shared between the two games.

Halo 2: Anniversary may have full armor customization, but it is extremely limited with only 4 armor sets for Spartans, and 3 for Elites. However, the customization system is identical to Halo 4 (with the Mark VI armor having been ripped straight from Halo 4 and slightly modified) which means that they could easily port much, if not all of the Halo 4 armor into Halo 2: Anniversary MP.

Personally, I really want to be able use my EOD armor from Halo 4 in Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer, especially with H2:A’s sleek black techsuits. There’s also the Mark V and ODST armors, as well as the Keystone helmet.

3 Likes

Most of the H4 armors are pretty terrible so I would rather have . try and put all the skull armor stuff reach and H3 got

1 Like

I am sure it is possible and would be a relatively easy way to provide a lot of content very quickly to a game that has been starved of it.

1 Like

I think it’d be cool, but 2A’s assets are waaay higher Rez than 4’s, the already muddy textures would need to be upscaled at least, but I would like to see my beloved Oceanic in another game.

It would also be lit to see Orion in 3, Mirage in 2A, and both in 4.

They could consider which ones wouldn’t look too out of place, I could see the Enforcer, Warrior, Mk 5 and ODST helmets fitting in ok.
But there are some things in Halo 4 that are just (subjectively) hideous.

I’m not gonna argue that; there are definitely some armors that I would like to see omitted (namely Wetwork and Venator, which I hate) but if 343 does start porting armors from Halo 4 to Halo 2: Anniversary, it will most likely be an “all or nothing” kind of deal. Because unfortunately some players do like those objectively hideous armors, and those people would just complain until they were eventually added.

You gotta take the good with the bad, as they say. If getting all the armors I DON"T like (Wetwork, Venator, Pioneer, Pathfinder) means I also get all the armors I DO like (EOD, EVA, Air Assault, Warrior, Mark V, ODST) then I’ll take it.

As if the game doesn’t already look bad enough as is, lmao