Add Elite slayer please.

I would like an Elite Slayer playlist. Playing as an elite in anything other than invasion is very rare, and I would personally like to see more Elites. Anyone else agree?

We have enough useless playlists as it is

> We have enough useless playlists as it is

You misspelled useful =D

we already have elite slayer, and it sucks becasuse there is no mix in species like halo 3. you werent forced to play as a spartan. as you are now, which is completely outragous and uncalled for. the only thing that bungie achieved by doing that was ruining my dream and the dreams of others of having the following:

1. elite clans
  2. spartans + elites in the battlefield fighting eachother or on the same team
  3. THE SIMPLE JOY OF PLAYING AS SOMETHING OTHER THAN A SPARTAN IN ANY MM PLAYLIST!!!

elites should not be blocked out of the GOOD matchmaking playlists. there are some of us who dont want to play as a spartan EVERY time we want to play SWAT or some other DECENT gametype. elites and spartans should fight side by side like they use to. it was better like that until bungie ruined it.

who cares about the enhanced appearance of elites? if spartan players want to -Yoink- about it, they dont have to play as an elite. In fact, why would spartan players complain about elites in matchmaking anyway! since they are “so much easier to kill”, then man up and deal with it!!

yeah…it would be fine

Everything Ghosthawk said.

Good players are good players, regardless of how easy of a target they are.

I would love to play as an Elite sometimes instead of a Spartan. Nobody even VOTES for Elite Slayer, since it turns into a sticky grenade festival every time.

elite slayer isnt the issue. the issue is that bungie didnt let players play as elites in regular playlist. they thought it would be unfair because of the size difference of elites and spartans. i dont think that was their decision to make. players should be able to play as whichever character they choose. THE PLAYERS should decide if they play as elites or spartans, not bungie, not any other game developer. just the players. thats the way it was on halo 3, and thats the way it should be on reach, and halo 4.

> elite slayer isnt the issue. the issue is that bungie didnt let players play as elites in regular playlist. they thought it would be unfair because of the size difference of elites and spartans. i dont think that was their decision to make. players should be able to play as whichever character they choose. THE PLAYERS should decide if they play as elites or spartans, not bungie, not any other game developer. just the players. thats the way it was on halo 3, and thats the way it should be on reach, and halo 4.

No.

The differences between Spartans and Elites aren’t that huge, but still large enough to make a difference. For example, Elites regenerate health on their own whereas Spartans have to find a medpack. And that makes a considerable difference when it comes down to whether or not you survive the splash damage from a grenade or other kind of explosive.

However, I’d love a seperate Elite playlist for teams of four with a mix of slayer and objective, but with a 2:1 or even 3:1 weighing on slayer. I made a poll in the Optimatch forum on B.net back in October, and the general consensus was in favor (400 aye, 78 nay) before that thread died half a year later.

im all for elite representation in main multiplayer or even their own playlist. personaly id rather get to play elites whenever possible.

An Elite Playlist would be good for everybody. Spartan majority playlists should be spartan only so Spartan players wont be pissed when a game of Elite Slayer randomly pops up, and vice-versa for Elite players who hate having to play Spartan gametypes. Win/Win situation.

> We have enough useless playlists as it is

Exactly. We actually need to condense the playlists. As of now, the population is separated way too much.

> > We have enough useless playlists as it is
>
> Exactly. We actually need to condense the playlists. As of now, the population is separated way too much.

In that case we ought to get rid of at least some of the “team slayer clones” we have such as Squad Slayer.

or we could link up spartan slayer and elite slayer. if any of you played the beta than you would know that spartan vs elite slayer was a gametype. it might be cool to occasionally merge the two different playlists into one game every so often.

> > > We have enough useless playlists as it is
> >
> > Exactly. We actually need to condense the playlists. As of now, the population is separated way too much.
>
> In that case we ought to get rid of at least some of the “team slayer clones” we have such as Squad Slayer.

I actually find Squad Slayer much more enjoyable due to no AL. Anyway, as of now we have 23 active playlists, 18 of them being MP.

Here’s what I think they should do:

1 - combine both premium battle and slayer (most I see in either playlist is 1500 in prime time). Social slayer in H3 has almost double that on any given day.
2 - Make Grifball, Action Sack appear in some weekend playlist. I would include Living Dead here but for some reason it’s the most popular playlist in Reach so I’ll leave that one out. You could add Team Classic to this list since it rarely gets over 500 people now (either that or just delete it since it failed).

I would certainly be open to combining the slayer playlists, but AL would have to go. With these changes we would still have quite a bit of variety (14 MP playlists with extras on the w/e) and we wouldn’t end up playing the same ppl often. Those are just some ideas I had and I think it would be a good start to bring more of the population together.

It should be a full on Elite Grab Bag, not Elite Slayer, that would get boring fast.

If they make Elite playlists, it aught to be a 3v3, with actually well balanced Covenant weapon themed gametypes (This CAN be achieved with proper spawn weapons, and actually forged weapons on map to add more uniqueness to the gameplay).

I would want at least Elite Slayer, Elite CTF, Elite Territories, Elite KotH, and Elite Oddball to be selectable. But with Slayer and CTF always as the first two options to vote and any taboo Objective game as the third (Maybe some taboo Slayer variants like Elite SWAT/Focus Rifles etc.

> > elite slayer isnt the issue. the issue is that bungie didnt let players play as elites in regular playlist. they thought it would be unfair because of the size difference of elites and spartans. i dont think that was their decision to make. players should be able to play as whichever character they choose. THE PLAYERS should decide if they play as elites or spartans, not bungie, not any other game developer. just the players. thats the way it was on halo 3, and thats the way it should be on reach, and halo 4.
>
> No.
>
> The differences between Spartans and Elites aren’t that huge, but still large enough to make a difference. For example, Elites regenerate health on their own whereas Spartans have to find a medpack. And that makes a considerable difference when it comes down to whether or not you survive the splash damage from a grenade or other kind of explosive.
>
> However, I’d love a seperate Elite playlist for teams of four with a mix of slayer and objective, but with a 2:1 or even 3:1 weighing on slayer. I made a poll in the Optimatch forum on B.net back in October, and the general consensus was in favor (400 aye, 78 nay) before that thread died half a year later.

No.

The whole health pack regeneration thing doesnt even make sense. It takes elites a while to regenerate their health. it is more likely that a spartan will find a health pack before an elite regenerates its health. Good players are good players. Stop Complaining.

I think it was stupid for bungie to make the elites in reach to have the same body style as halo wars elites. This whole thing on elites not being on matchmaking wouldnt exist if bungie had just left the elites similar to the way they were in halo 3. they shouldnt have changed the appearance of elites. This ruined the game for people who were in elite clans in Halo 3. Halo 4 is the only hope for elites to be an active part of matchmaking.

343i, right bungie’s wrong.

> > > > We have enough useless playlists as it is
> > >
> > > Exactly. We actually need to condense the playlists. As of now, the population is separated way too much.
> >
> > In that case we ought to get rid of at least some of the “team slayer clones” we have such as Squad Slayer.
>
> I actually find Squad Slayer much more enjoyable due to no AL. Anyway, as of now we have 23 active playlists, 18 of them being MP.
>
> Here’s what I think they should do:
>
> 1 - combine both premium battle and slayer (most I see in either playlist is 1500 in prime time). Social slayer in H3 has almost double that on any given day.
> 2 - Make Grifball, Action Sack appear in some weekend playlist. I would include Living Dead here but for some reason it’s the most popular playlist in Reach so I’ll leave that one out. You could add Team Classic to this list since it rarely gets over 500 people now (either that or just delete it since it failed).
>
> I would certainly be open to combining the slayer playlists, but AL would have to go. With these changes we would still have quite a bit of variety (14 MP playlists with extras on the w/e) and we wouldn’t end up playing the same ppl often. Those are just some ideas I had and I think it would be a good start to bring more of the population together.

Add Living Dead in there, it would boost the pop of everything else easily. Living dead, is the most played playlist in Reach (Sadly) with it’s expulsion from MM all of those players would have to go somewhere…