Add Dead Bodies to Forge via the Title Update

Would you like to have dead bodies in Forge?

Here’s how it’d work:

The menu would display every living flesh n’ bone organism in reach:

BODIES, HUMAN
-SPARTAN, PLAYER
-SPARTAN, CARTER
-SPARTAN, KAT
-SPARTAN, JUN
-SPARTAN, JORGE
-SPARTAN, EMILE
-SPARTAN, N6 (Default N6)
-ODST
-MARINE 1
-MARINE 2
-MARINE 3
-CIVILIAN, MALE 1
-CIVILIAN, MALE 2
-CIVILIAN, MALE 3
-CIVILAIN, MALE 4
-CIVILIAN, FEMALE 1
-CIVILIAN, FEMALE 2
-CIVILIAN, FEMALE 3
-CIVILIAN, FEMALE 4
BODIES, COVENENT
-ELITE, PLAYER
-ELITE, MINOR
-ELITE, SEPC-OPS
-ELITE, RANGER
-ELITE, ULTRA
-ELITE, ZEALOT
-ELITE, GENERAL
-ELITE, FIELD MARSHALL
-ELITE, OFFICER
-BRUTE, MINOR
-BRUTE, CAPTAIN MAJOR
-BRUTE, CHIEFTAIN
-GRUNT, 1
-GRUNT, 2
-GRUNT, 3
-GRUNT, 4
-JACKAL, 1
-JACKAL, 2
-SKIRMISHER, 1
-SKIRMISHER, 2
-ENGINEER
BODIES, ANIMALS
-MOA
-RAT
-BIRD
-GUTA

I dunno, but maybe 50 bodies on a map? Whatever, the more, the better!

The SPARTAN, PLAYER and ELITE, PLAYER are dead bodies of you. That way, if you want a certain armor combination, you have to wear it yourself, and then choose that option. If you want a dead Master Chief on your map, you gotta dress up as chief for the Forge game. If you want a dead Brotherhood of Steel soldier on your map, you must dress as one. If you want a dead BOB on your map, you must dress as one.

And as long as you dont delete it, you can forge one spartan, leave, change into your regular armor, and the one you forged will stay the same.

These bodies would also be compatible with the NORMAL, FIXED, and PHASED options. They wouldnt be stuck in the same frame like statues either. The arms, legs, and the rest of the body would be moveable. Nomal bodies act as expected: ragdolls. Fixed bodies are fixed to a certain spot; like some bodies in Campaign. Phased bodies can be fused into objects.

Hands hanging on to ledges. Legs hanging out of walls. Bodies would be epic for Infection, and Machinimas.

Thoughts?

I would like all of that.

I doubt it’ll happen in a title update.

Here’s a link to my thread back on B.Net to show other feedback.

Here

yes that would be great for infection and scenery.
But I also want jersey barriers and pallets.

Agreed

Um… I like the idea, But I would rather have more important things like bloom and armor lock get fixed first.

ive thought of this before nice idea man

great idea i would support this all the way

> Would you like to have dead bodies in Forge?
>
> Here’s how it’d work:
>
> The menu would display every living flesh n’ bone organism in reach:
>
>
> BODIES, HUMAN
> -SPARTAN, PLAYER
> -SPARTAN, CARTER
> -SPARTAN, KAT
> -SPARTAN, JUN
> -SPARTAN, JORGE
> -SPARTAN, EMILE
> -SPARTAN, N6 (Default N6)
> -ODST
> -MARINE 1
> -MARINE 2
> -MARINE 3
> -CIVILIAN, MALE 1
> -CIVILIAN, MALE 2
> -CIVILIAN, MALE 3
> -CIVILAIN, MALE 4
> -CIVILIAN, FEMALE 1
> -CIVILIAN, FEMALE 2
> -CIVILIAN, FEMALE 3
> -CIVILIAN, FEMALE 4
> BODIES, COVENENT
> -ELITE, PLAYER
> -ELITE, MINOR
> -ELITE, SEPC-OPS
> -ELITE, RANGER
> -ELITE, ULTRA
> -ELITE, ZEALOT
> -ELITE, GENERAL
> -ELITE, FIELD MARSHALL
> -ELITE, OFFICER
> -BRUTE, MINOR
> -BRUTE, CAPTAIN MAJOR
> -BRUTE, CHIEFTAIN
> -GRUNT, 1
> -GRUNT, 2
> -GRUNT, 3
> -GRUNT, 4
> -JACKAL, 1
> -JACKAL, 2
> -SKIRMISHER, 1
> -SKIRMISHER, 2
> -ENGINEER
> BODIES, ANIMALS
> -MOA
> -RAT
> -BIRD
> -GUTA
>
> I dunno, but maybe 50 bodies on a map? Whatever, the more, the better!
>
> The SPARTAN, PLAYER and ELITE, PLAYER are dead bodies of you. That way, if you want a certain armor combination, you have to wear it yourself, and then choose that option. If you want a dead Master Chief on your map, you gotta dress up as chief for the Forge game. If you want a dead Brotherhood of Steel soldier on your map, you must dress as one. If you want a dead BOB on your map, you must dress as one.
>
> And as long as you dont delete it, you can forge one spartan, leave, change into your regular armor, and the one you forged will stay the same.
>
> These bodies would also be compatible with the NORMAL, FIXED, and PHASED options. They wouldnt be stuck in the same frame like statues either. The arms, legs, and the rest of the body would be moveable. Nomal bodies act as expected: ragdolls. Fixed bodies are fixed to a certain spot; like some bodies in Campaign. Phased bodies can be fused into objects.
>
> Hands hanging on to ledges. Legs hanging out of walls. Bodies would be epic for Infection, and Machinimas.
>
> Thoughts?

Good idea, but for more originality i think a customizable spartan should also be added.

Really cool idea. If it doesn’t cause framerate issues with the graphics, I would be for it.

Adding a title update can’t add bodies or whatever because to do so, you would have to download every single map remade.

Title updates usualy just update the XEX on halo games so this idea of yours wouldn’t work. Maybe on the new map pack but not on forge world or something.

I like this idea so hoping 343 add a few bodies being able to be built in the next map pack.

> Adding a title update can’t add bodies or whatever because to do so, you would have to download every single map remade.
>
> Title updates usualy just update the XEX on halo games so this idea of yours wouldn’t work. Maybe on the new map pack but not on forge world or something.
>
> I like this idea so hoping 343 add a few bodies being able to be built in the next map pack.

Well, they could make a new Forge World map to add all this stuff. They don’t have to put it into each and every map. That would just be a waste of space.