Add an expository cutscene. (Like Halo 4)

I finished the campaign earlier today and it has given me a few hours to really think about the ending and how it got there. Frankly, it isn’t that hard to understand the basic idea but I feel like most people and myself included are getting the feeling that there is some story missing somewhere. I don’t know what it is exactly but I it has been bugging me since about half-way through the campaign. Maybe it has to do with the fact there are so few missions with Master Chief or that the campaign felt too short but regardless it has been sticking inside my head and I can’t get it out.

I came to the conclusion that maybe what this campaign is missing is a REAL expository cutscene or perhaps a longer epilogue cutscene similar to Halo: MCC.

Does anyone else feel there is some key plot point missing? Maybe something that should have been mentioned?
I would hope people mention something they are thinking as this is as much for curing that feeling that I have had stuck in my head because since completing this campaign.

PS: The legendary ending did help a bit in giving something familiar.

I’m having a hard time even knowing what books are the ones required to understand the game…

An expository cutscene would surely help.
Hell, I thought they were going to put one right before Osiris’ start.

Nah. I would have liked a bit more character development and a few more interesting details (which may or may not be covered by intel)
But I think it was pretty well done as a whole. I’ll be the first to admit i’m not happy about cortanas role. But that’s because it hits where it hurts. not because it doesn’t make sense (which it does make sense.)

But like usual the games don’t really ever go in depth with the universe. At least 343 is trying to open us up to more in the universe. Bungie always played it safe imo.

Yes, an intro cutscene just introducing who the teams are would help greatly to add context as I don’t think they actually mentioned in game that blue team where Chiefs Spartan 2 buddies till the 3rd or 5th mission. It could have easily been done as halsey recording a missive to chief, reminiscing about him and worrying about Osiris and locke.

Then the cutscene after blue team could really have been longer, with halsey briefly explaning how a rampant shard of Cortana could have survived the ship

Then exuberant bias could have later on explained that Cortana might have the logic plague akin to mendicant bias, and in doing so give a little back story to him.