Add a "No Guests" search category

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I do not enjoy playing games when somebody has a guest playing split-screen. This robs a team of a potentially powerful ally and replaces it with someone who does not own the game or has to share it. Also the host of a/multiple guests gets as many votes for a map as he has guests. Where is the reasoning behind this? But the worst is when some people play split-screen Rumble Pit. They often get their kills due to their guests (Screen peeking). I just came off a game where the second-place person got the majority of their kills due to his/her guest. I still won the game (25-7), but my lead would have been significantly higher. By installing a “No Guests” search, this would force them to play custom games, as they should and it would provide teams with much better players.

> I don’t know about the rest of you, but I do not enjoy playing games when somebody has a guest playing split-screen. This robs a team of a potentially powerful ally and replaces it with someone who does not own the game or has to share it. Also the host of a/multiple guests gets as many votes for a map as he has guests. Where is the reasoning behind this? But the worst is when some people play split-screen Rumble Pit. They often get their kills due to their guests (Screen peeking). I just came off a game where the second-place person got the majority of their kills due to his/her guest. I still won the game (25-7), but my lead would have been significantly higher. By installing a “No Guests” search, this would force them to play custom games, as they should and it would provide teams with much better players.

Honestly i have no problem with guests. Outside of arena I play for KD since wins dont count for anything and the abundance of mismatched teams. Even non guests teammates will go -12 completely erasing my +12 and +2 kd. So i have “adapted” to bad teammates and just farm KD in slayer.so you should too. I mean when you spawn with invisibility 4 v 2 isnt even an issue.

343 needs to add this.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes etc… playing team snipers and having even 1 guest on my team is absurdly frustrating. 9 times out of 10 the guest goes -10+ and is the sole reason for us losing.

So now people shouldn’t be allowed to play halo with their friends? Or a least, play matchmaking?

Geez, you act like playing with someone who hasn’t played halo before somehow personally offends you.

> So now people shouldn’t be allowed to play halo with their friends? Or a least, play matchmaking?

did you even read the title? specifically the “search category”. It would be the same as not wanting to play with noisy people or playing with people around your still level.

> So now people shouldn’t be allowed to play halo with their friends? Or a least, play matchmaking?
>
>
>
> Geez, you act like playing with someone who hasn’t played halo before somehow personally offends you.

First off, these guests don’t actually own the game and get the same amount of input as we do (“other than armor configuration because we just love the latest in Spartan Fashion!” he said sarcastically), so that makes no business sense at all (why buy the game when you can hop on your friend’s console and suck worldwide?). It should be restricted to local games or customs. Teams don’t lose because of them, they get to play with their friends. Everybody wins!

another annoying thing about guests is how they mean that certain playlists can’t have forged maps, so that guests can play. There should be a 1 guest limit on every playlist (turn about works fine still lol)

> > So now people shouldn’t be allowed to play halo with their friends? Or a least, play matchmaking?
>
> did you even read the title? specifically the “search category”. It would be the same as not wanting to play with noisy people or playing with people around your still level.

He also said “By installing a “No Guests” search, this would force them to play custom games, as they should and it would provide teams with much better players.” which i completely diagree with, the search option I do agree with though.

> > > So now people shouldn’t be allowed to play halo with their friends? Or a least, play matchmaking?
> >
> > did you even read the title? specifically the “search category”. It would be the same as not wanting to play with noisy people or playing with people around your still level.
>
> He also said “By installing a “No Guests” search, this would force them to play custom games, as they should and it would provide teams with much better players.” which i completely diagree with, the search option I do agree with though.

It would force them to play customs because there are very few people who would rather a guest on their team than someone who owns it. Even those Sergeants that populate matchmaking are better than every guest I’ve played with.

Instead of a no guest search category, how about a playlist where the party size is limited to one. This would mean those who don’t like playing against parties or guests have somewhere to go.

Yes sometimes guests are good, but the problem is the majority of the time they’re not. For some reason Bungie treats guests the equivalent of a full party…

i was playing Squad Slayer, my team was a 4-way splitscreener and me. These dumbs guests kept betraying each other I was sooo infuriated, made me want to go to their house and give them he11 lol.

We lost evidently, although I still managed to go positive with 20 something kills while my team mates went -15.

Maybe this only happens to me, but there are actually times where the guest does 10x better than the actual player… Idk, maybe it’s just cause they switched controllers or something?

Anyway, I do wish there were some playlists where guests weren’t allowed, as it does make for a worse experience most of the time. They genereally do very poorly and cause my team to lose. I mean, I was playing squad slayer, with one guy and 3 of his guests, and they all left. Bam, I lost. Even if they would’ve stayed in, I’m sure we probably still would have lost.

So, while I do agree that there should be limitations to guests while playing in matchmaking (mainly the competetive playlists), they should still be able to play certain matchmaking playlists (living dead, BTB maybe, Action Sack, etc.).

i support this notion.

I don’t mind guests. Some of them are decent sometimes, and I’ve seen guests top the charts a couple of times. You have to think, this could be a guy who’s really good, gone over to a friends house and forgot to bring their own Xbox, or lack an extra TV.

What annoys me more than guests, is large parties. I hate entering a playlist and seeing the whole team in a party, and I’m in the usual “Nobody has mics” team. Communication is the most deadly weapon you can have, and you get destroyed no matter how good you are and how you play. This is what I would like to see as a search option.

> I don’t know about the rest of you, but I do not enjoy playing games when somebody has a guest playing split-screen. This robs a team of a potentially powerful ally and replaces it with someone who does not own the game or has to share it. Also the host of a/multiple guests gets as many votes for a map as he has guests. Where is the reasoning behind this? But the worst is when some people play split-screen Rumble Pit. They often get their kills due to their guests (Screen peeking). I just came off a game where the second-place person got the majority of their kills due to his/her guest. I still won the game (25-7), but my lead would have been significantly higher. By installing a “No Guests” search, this would force them to play custom games, as they should and it would provide teams with much better players.

I agree with this option for one reason, the guy who has the guests ALWAYS gets host, its stupid, why give someone host who is spilitting his connection 3 or 4 ways?!

Just came off an Invasion game in which one team consisted of three players (one had three guests). His team was awful and they only tied because they nade spammed the hell out of us when we were on defense. Our team lost two players and we capped the core faster than them. Needless to say, the only reason we didn’t destroy them was due to the massive spamming.