ADAPT before COMPLAINING about the TU

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post flamebait.

all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …

> all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …

more like

learn how to play optimally before you complain about your mistakes that are easily remedied by better lines of play.

> > all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …
>
> more like
>
> learn how to play optimally before you complain about your mistakes that are easily remedied by better lines of play.

whats the difference?

you just said that you have to be good at the game to provide feedback …

> <3 how many complaints i see that are easily remedied by different, strictly better lines of play. sorry, but all of your complaints that are based in a lack of adaptation to the new mechanics are inherently invalid.
[/quote]
So it’s my fault that with bleedthrough, there’s no way to tell when I’m 1, 2, or 3 shot?

> Okay then.

> > <3 how many complaints i see that are easily remedied by different, strictly better lines of play. sorry, but all of your complaints that are based in a lack of adaptation to the new mechanics are inherently invalid.
>
> So it’s my fault that with bleedthrough, there’s no way to tell when I’m 1, 2, or 3 shot?
>
> Okay then.

yea, because there IS a way to tell. not only that, if you are getting into 1v1 encounters to begin with, as stated in my post, you are doing it wrong. let alone 1v1 encounters where you are already weak.

> > > all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …
> >
> > more like
> >
> > learn how to play optimally before you complain about your mistakes that are easily remedied by better lines of play.
>
> whats the difference?
>
> you just said that you have to be good at the game to provide feedback …

feedback is one thing, but when your feedback is derived from experiences and events that could easily be remedied by different lines of play, its hardly valid feedback.

its like saying ‘this car is terrible because every time i drive it at 100 mph, on ice, i crash’

‘so… dont do that?!’

> > > > all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …
> > >
> > > more like
> > >
> > > learn how to play optimally before you complain about your mistakes that are easily remedied by better lines of play.
> >
> > whats the difference?
> >
> > you just said that you have to be good at the game to provide feedback …
>
> feedback is one thing, but when your feedback is derived from experiences and events that could easily be remedied by different lines of play, its hardly valid feedback.
>
> its like saying ‘this car is terrible because every time i drive it at 100 mph, on ice, i crash’
>
> ‘so… dont do that?!’

all feedback is valid unless it’s an attempt at trolling because it is their experience that they are having, if bleed through is causing people to have a strong negative experience then something must be wrong, even if you don’t have a problem with it, there could still be something actually wrong with it that you are not seeing that they are which is causing the negative experience.

my problems with bleed through i already outlined, it messes up the weapon damage ratio’s, which would you think that is optimal?

1. smaller forms of damage have to stack to have the same effect as a DMR
  2. smaller forms of damage tips the tide producing the same effect as a single DMR shot.

How the table has turned. I’m pretty sure all the complainers about a year ago would have hated to have a thread titled:

Until you have adapted to vanilla reach, you really have no room to talk.

I rest my case, the people who liked original Reach told you lot to adapt to it. Ironic really.

irony. As i read from some one who said they dont like regular reach “i dont need to adapt to garbage to know its garbage.” not that the tu is garbage, but i think you get the idea.

I pretty much agree. People who dislike the TU need to adapt. I’m not saying they’re the same people that said to “Adapt” when Reach first came out and a majority disliked it, but I’m saying we had to once, so can they.

> How the table has turned. I’m pretty sure all the complainers about a year ago would have hated to have a thread titled:
>
> Until you have adapted to vanilla reach, you really have no room to talk.
>
> I rest my case, the people who liked original Reach told you lot to adapt to it. Ironic really.

I can adapt to a broken window in my room. Does that make it a preferable setting?

> > > > > all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …
> > > >
> > > > more like
> > > >
> > > > learn how to play optimally before you complain about your mistakes that are easily remedied by better lines of play.
> > >
> > > whats the difference?
> > >
> > > you just said that you have to be good at the game to provide feedback …
> >
> > feedback is one thing, but when your feedback is derived from experiences and events that could easily be remedied by different lines of play, its hardly valid feedback.
> >
> > its like saying ‘this car is terrible because every time i drive it at 100 mph, on ice, i crash’
> >
> > ‘so… dont do that?!’
>
> all feedback is valid unless it’s an attempt at trolling because it is their experience that they are having, if bleed through is causing people to have a strong negative experience then something must be wrong, even if you don’t have a problem with it, there could still be something actually wrong with it that you are not seeing that they are which is causing the negative experience.
>
> my problems with bleed through i already outlined, it messes up the weapon damage ratio’s, which would you think that is optimal?
>
> 1) smaller forms of damage have to stack to have the same effect as a DMR
> 2) smaller forms of damage tips the tide producing the same effect as a single DMR shot.

Ive pointed out that the way damage stacks without bleedthru can be unintuitive. Its just the nature of having different weapons that do different amounts of damage.

> > How the table has turned. I’m pretty sure all the complainers about a year ago would have hated to have a thread titled:
> >
> > Until you have adapted to vanilla reach, you really have no room to talk.
> >
> > I rest my case, the people who liked original Reach told you lot to adapt to it. Ironic really.
>
> I can adapt to a broken window in my room. Does that make it a preferable setting?

You wont know until you try! :wink:

> > > > > > all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …
> > > > >
> > > > > more like
> > > > >
> > > > > learn how to play optimally before you complain about your mistakes that are easily remedied by better lines of play.
> > > >
> > > > whats the difference?
> > > >
> > > > you just said that you have to be good at the game to provide feedback …
> > >
> > > feedback is one thing, but when your feedback is derived from experiences and events that could easily be remedied by different lines of play, its hardly valid feedback.
> > >
> > > its like saying ‘this car is terrible because every time i drive it at 100 mph, on ice, i crash’
> > >
> > > ‘so… dont do that?!’
> >
> > all feedback is valid unless it’s an attempt at trolling because it is their experience that they are having, if bleed through is causing people to have a strong negative experience then something must be wrong, even if you don’t have a problem with it, there could still be something actually wrong with it that you are not seeing that they are which is causing the negative experience.
> >
> > my problems with bleed through i already outlined, it messes up the weapon damage ratio’s, which would you think that is optimal?
> >
> > 1) smaller forms of damage have to stack to have the same effect as a DMR
> > 2) smaller forms of damage tips the tide producing the same effect as a single DMR shot.
>
> Ive pointed out that the way damage stacks without bleedthru can be unintuitive. Its just the nature of having different weapons that do different amounts of damage.

yea i know, in reach they are both just as bad as each other, the problem is figuring out which pro’s out weigh the cons and i believe that to be no bleed, it does have a down side but it isn’t that bad and is easily manageable and fixed by lowering the melee damage, with weapons though it can’t be fixed but it is only a very minor thing, 1 extra bullet doesn’t hurt.

> > How the table has turned. I’m pretty sure all the complainers about a year ago would have hated to have a thread titled:
> >
> >
> > I rest my case, the people who liked original Reach told you lot to adapt to it. Ironic really.
>
> I can adapt to a broken window in my room. Does that make it a preferable setting?

depends, how hot is the place you live in and how air tight is your house …?

also, i can adapt to TU just fine, does that make it the preferable setting?

OP how come you couldn’t adapt to vanilla Reach? Why should we have to adapt to something that is being forced upon us? I like some of the TU and I dislike other parts of it, does that mean I like things being forced down my throat? no.

Don’t say adapt to others when you couldn’t adapt to vanilla.

> >
> >
>

If the broken window is a secret word for this new TU, then no.

I can adapt, I adapted when Reach first came out, and I’ll adapt to the TU, because it’s not that hard to adapt.

> > > How the table has turned. I’m pretty sure all the complainers about a year ago would have hated to have a thread titled:
> > >
> > > Until you have adapted to vanilla reach, you really have no room to talk.
> > >
> > > I rest my case, the people who liked original Reach told you lot to adapt to it. Ironic really.
> >
> > I can adapt to a broken window in my room. Does that make it a preferable setting?
>
> If the broken window is a secret word for this new TU, then no.
>
> I can adapt, I adapted when Reach first came out, and I’ll adapt to the TU, because it’s not that hard to adapt.

Why do you assume I cannot adapt because I prefer TU?

> > > > > > > all i got from this post was “nope, you’re bad” …
> > > > > >
> > > > > > more like
> > > > > >
> > > > > > learn how to play optimally before you complain about your mistakes that are easily remedied by better lines of play.
> > > > >
> > > > > whats the difference?
> > > > >
> > > > > you just said that you have to be good at the game to provide feedback …
> > > >
> > > > feedback is one thing, but when your feedback is derived from experiences and events that could easily be remedied by different lines of play, its hardly valid feedback.
> > > >
> > > > its like saying ‘this car is terrible because every time i drive it at 100 mph, on ice, i crash’
> > > >
> > > > ‘so… dont do that?!’
> > >
> > > all feedback is valid unless it’s an attempt at trolling because it is their experience that they are having, if bleed through is causing people to have a strong negative experience then something must be wrong, even if you don’t have a problem with it, there could still be something actually wrong with it that you are not seeing that they are which is causing the negative experience.
> > >
> > > my problems with bleed through i already outlined, it messes up the weapon damage ratio’s, which would you think that is optimal?
> > >
> > > 1) smaller forms of damage have to stack to have the same effect as a DMR
> > > 2) smaller forms of damage tips the tide producing the same effect as a single DMR shot.
> >
> > Ive pointed out that the way damage stacks without bleedthru can be unintuitive. Its just the nature of having different weapons that do different amounts of damage.
>
> yea i know, in reach they are both just as bad as each other, the problem is figuring out which pro’s out weigh the cons and i believe that to be no bleed, it does have a down side but it isn’t that bad and is easily manageable and fixed by lowering the melee damage, with weapons though it can’t be fixed but it is only a very minor thing, 1 extra bullet doesn’t hurt.

Its all preference. I -Yoink!- expect 343 will be doing much of anything for balance as complex as adjusting damage output on a weapon by weapon basis. I think in game settings are what need to be tweaked to find what’s best and have those implemented.