Actual tank like movement for the scorpion ?

The scorpion tank is one of the most heavy hitting vehicles in Halo games, and I definitely want it to make a comeback in H6. That being said i would really like to see a more realistic drive mechanic for it. As in a complete separation of track and turret movements. When I press Forward on the control I would like the front of the tank to move in a forward direction no matter Wich way I have the turret pointed or rotated and keep it going that way, nomatter if I’m Doing 360s with the turret. Im just wondering if the movemen for the scorpion in Halo 5 has bothered anyone else and would like some new drive mechanics for H6, Or if you like the H5 drive mechanics for the scorpion and would like that to make a comeback?

I love the scorpion movement, hope it doesn’t change. I think making it more realistic would take the fun and effectiveness out of it.

I also think making it realistic like a Battlefield game would take away from what it’s been in Halo. For whatever reason, the tank in Halo 5 feels kinda weird to control compared to the older games. Every other vehicle feels great to drive and they all have arguably the best controls of any game. So I hope they tune the controls a bit and leave it at that.

Controls shouldn’t be about whether or not the driving is “realistic”. It comes down to the fluidity and how it handles, a control scheme that makes sense. You’re not going to make the Scorpion “realistic like a battlefield game” by simply making the controls intuitive like the older games.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> I love the scorpion movement, hope it doesn’t change. I think making it more realistic would take the fun and effectiveness out of it.

Remove the “forced lanes” for vehicles and they’ll be a power house again

In reality, tanks are generally slow moving compared to stuff like humvees. They require quite a bit of support to be effective in battle.

For example, tanks generally work in tandem with other ground units. A tank covers infantry from other tanks and heavy weapons emplacements, infantry covers APCs like Bradleys from heavy infantry fire, and APCs cover tanks from medium range armored units. They’re all needed to provide protection and support for each other. And this doesn’t even include air support’s role in the dynamic.

To make a tank effective in a game, a lot of this gets glossed over and the tank becomes a self sufficient war machine. Breaking up the movement mechanics can take away from that effectiveness and slow down the tank’s ability to fight back without support from smaller units.

I put a lot of thought into this and I think they should change it a little bit. I feel a little too fast sometimes and they should make it look more realistic when you are driving around. Idk if that’s possible.

> 2535465244443936;4:
> Controls shouldn’t be about whether or not the driving is “realistic”. It comes down to the fluidity and how it handles, a control scheme that makes sense. You’re not going to make the Scorpion “realistic like a battlefield gamue” by simply making the controls intuitive like the older games.

I agree. Realistic wasn’t the best choice of word.
But I think a change is needed, even if it’s more like H2 or H3. I personally would like to see a control that one stick controls movement for the tracks that isn’t affect by the direction of the camera or the main cannon.

> 2535435902217648;6:
> “Breaking up the movement mechanics can take away from that effectiveness and slow down the tank’s ability to fight back without support from smaller units.”

How would breaking up the movement mechanics take away from the effectivneness of the scorpion tank ? Im genuinely curious, I’ve thought about it and cannot find a downside besides a learning curve if new mechanics were implemented. the current setup in H5 feels very limited and the least amount of control than any Halo has had regarding the scorpion (every other vehicle was on par and I have no major complaints).
I think a control set up that allowed separate control of the tracks and movement that are not affected by the camera angle or position of the main turret would entirely give you greater control of the tank, but would definitely take more skill and attention to what’s around.
Also when I say complete separation of track and turret I don’t mean realistic as in 2 main operators with one operator controlling the drive and one operator controlling the main cannon turret, just one main operator controlling track and turret.

Halo 5 had some of the clunkiest scorpion movement imo. I hated how if my turret was any sort of off center when I started moving, the whole body would turn to match it. I would love to see the scorpion have better movement mechanics in the future