Active reloads in Halo 4 anyone?

Okaaaaay, so you’re all most likely going to hate or extremely dislike me for suggesting such a thing but personally I think its a good idea.

So i’ve been play gears of war, and for all of those who don’t know what an active reload is, it is a feature in gow that allows players to boost their damage with the weapon and reload faster with a sort of mini game. When someone pressers rb to reload a small meter pops up. In this meter is a small white bar, a large grey bar and a small cursor. If you press rb just as the cursor lands on the small white bar it is called a perfect reload and boosts the players damage with that weapon by 8% (Which is surprisingly alot), though it is difficult to pull off every time especially in a firefight. If you press rb as the cursor lands on the grey bar, it just allows you to reload faster.

So my suggestion is that we include a type of active reloading. We abolish the grey bar meaning that there will only be a small white bar (Like 1-2mm’s wide). If done correctly, the damage of the weapon would be increased so that it took one shot less (So the dmr would only take 4 shots, 3 to the body, one to the head). This feature would only be available on the dmr and its equivalent (Battle rifle, Carbine, Needle rifle) as well as the pistol. The effects of the active reload would also only last for half a magazine (Half the bullets would glow on the hud, like in gears. This would indicate how many shots you have that are effected by the active reload) except the pistol because of its small mag size.

This feature would increase the skill gap and improve gameplay greatly because it would 1. Require incredible timing and skill to pull off, especially in a firefight and 2. The kill times would be alot faster with one less bullet.

What are your opinions guys? I’m a little on the fence with this myself, just wondering what you think :slight_smile:

Lolno

Halo has always about being on equal terms with weapons, health, etc. Adding damage won’t create a skill gap, it’ll cause imbalanced gameplay.

> Lolno
>
> Halo has always about being on equal terms with weapons, health, etc. Adding damage won’t create a skill gap, it’ll cause imbalanced gameplay.

Agreed. Its a cool idea but I dont think it would work with Halo. It would kinda be like adding perks.

> > Lolno
> >
> > Halo has always about being on equal terms with weapons, health, etc. Adding damage won’t create a skill gap, it’ll cause imbalanced gameplay.
>
> Agreed. Its a cool idea but I dont think it would work with Halo. It would kinda be like adding perks.

Not as drastic as perks, but it definitely wouldn’t work for halo. Just because they have good timing when reloading doesn’t necessarily mean they should get a damage boost for it. Rather they should use that good timing with actually using the weapons and such to their advantage.

> Okaaaaay, so you’re all most likely going to hate or extremely dislike me for suggesting such a thing but personally I think its a good idea.
>
> So i’ve been play gears of war, and for all of those who don’t know what an active reload is, it is a feature in gow that allows players to boost their damage with the weapon and reload faster with a sort of mini game. When someone pressers rb to reload a small meter pops up. In this meter is a small white bar, a large grey bar and a small cursor. If you press rb just as the cursor lands on the small white bar it is called a perfect reload and boosts the players damage with that weapon by 8% (Which is surprisingly alot), though it is difficult to pull off every time especially in a firefight. If you press rb as the cursor lands on the grey bar, it just allows you to reload faster.
>
> So my suggestion is that we include a type of active reloading. We abolish the grey bar meaning that there will only be a small white bar (Like 1-2mm’s wide). If done correctly, the damage of the weapon would be increased so that it took one shot less (So the dmr would only take 4 shots, 3 to the body, one to the head). This feature would only be available on the dmr and its equivalent (Battle rifle, Carbine, Needle rifle) as well as the pistol. The effects of the active reload would also only last for half a magazine (Half the bullets would glow on the hud, like in gears. This would indicate how many shots you have that are effected by the active reload) except the pistol because of its small mag size.
>
> This feature would increase the skill gap and improve gameplay greatly because it would 1. Require incredible timing and skill to pull off, especially in a firefight and 2. The kill times would be alot faster with one less bullet.
>
>
> What are your opinions guys? I’m a little on the fence with this myself, just wondering what you think :slight_smile:

GO BUY GoW 3! THEY HAVE THIS FEATURE! God other games have this! Go play them! Don’t make Halo something other than HALO!

its fun and all, but its not halo

It’s a cool feature, and it would add a skill gap, but is button timing really where you want that gap to be? That’s the real question.