Active Leader Powers

While I have hope that Halo Wars 2 will continue to have a few more updates until the end, I just want to address the issues with leader powers. Leader powers are essential for turning the tide in battle, however, I feel they are used too frequently and take away their true purpose of being used for emergencies. I know people will say “That’s the point of leader powers”, “learn to adapt”, or “Leader powers are used to get the advantage over the enemy. If you don’t like it, stop playing”, but what I’m saying is they went from being a strategic option to being used at the whelm. I remember the days of the first Halo Wars, where someone who plays as Cutter will quad MAC an army, but that was his only offensive leader power and the enemy will take advantage of the cool down in order to attack.To make this seemingly small rant over with, The point I’m making is increase the cool down timer even further. The increase should not be much, just a considerable amount. Pavium’s “Rain of Fire” is really good and the cool down is pretty short from what I can see and should be used wisely or else you miss time it. That is all I have to say and I hope Sketch will consider this for one of the last updates of the game. I really love Halo Wars 2 and the last massive patch has made the game much more enjoyable, especially when all leaders are viable now. If people have a problem with this post let me now if you agree, disagree, or even agree on a certain level. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you all have nice day.

Just another Halo fan

> 2533274889356823;1:
> While I have hope that Halo Wars 2 will continue to have a few more updates until the end, I just want to address the issues with leader powers. Leader powers are essential for turning the tide in battle, however, I feel they are used too frequently and take away their true purpose of being used for emergencies. I know people will say “That’s the point of leader powers”, “learn to adapt”, or “Leader powers are used to get the advantage over the enemy. If you don’t like it, stop playing”, but what I’m saying is they went from being a strategic option to being used at the whelm. I remember the days of the first Halo Wars, where someone who plays as Cutter will quad MAC an army, but that was his only offensive leader power and the enemy will take advantage of the cool down in order to attack.To make this seemingly small rant over with, The point I’m making is increase the cool down timer even further. The increase should not be much, just a considerable amount. Pavium’s “Rain of Fire” is really good and the cool down is pretty short from what I can see and should be used wisely or else you miss time it. That is all I have to say and I hope Sketch will consider this for one of the last updates of the game. I really love Halo Wars 2 and the last massive patch has made the game much more enjoyable, especially when all leaders are viable now. If people have a problem with this post let me now if you agree, disagree, or even agree on a certain level. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you all have nice day.
>
> Just another Halo fan

well not every game is the same
makes me want to play t
he first halo wars again but not many people play it …sigh
not agreeing or disagreeing

i like the change but i wish it was done my passively

> 2533274889356823;1:
> While I have hope that Halo Wars 2 will continue to have a few more updates until the end, I just want to address the issues with leader powers. Leader powers are essential for turning the tide in battle, however, I feel they are used too frequently and take away their true purpose of being used for emergencies. I know people will say “That’s the point of leader powers”, “learn to adapt”, or “Leader powers are used to get the advantage over the enemy. If you don’t like it, stop playing”, but what I’m saying is they went from being a strategic option to being used at the whelm. I remember the days of the first Halo Wars, where someone who plays as Cutter will quad MAC an army, but that was his only offensive leader power and the enemy will take advantage of the cool down in order to attack.To make this seemingly small rant over with, The point I’m making is increase the cool down timer even further. The increase should not be much, just a considerable amount. Pavium’s “Rain of Fire” is really good and the cool down is pretty short from what I can see and should be used wisely or else you miss time it. That is all I have to say and I hope Sketch will consider this for one of the last updates of the game. I really love Halo Wars 2 and the last massive patch has made the game much more enjoyable, especially when all leaders are viable now. If people have a problem with this post let me now if you agree, disagree, or even agree on a certain level. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you all have nice day.
>
> Just another Halo fan

I’ve actually felt this way before a bunch also, especially at launch when I was getting used to the new game. It can be very discouraging to see your army wiped out from an eradication or a cryo+seismic blast, no one is going to disagree with you but the more games that ive played, the more I have warmed up to how prevalent the leader powers are used in the game. I think they are really good at giving each leader their own flavor and keeping gameplay fresh while always keeping opponents on their toes. The better you get with your micromanagement, the less devastating these powers will be on you. As for the rain of fire, I do think that the cool down is a bit short but I think it balances out with the fact rain of fire and ultra mines are his only 2 offensive powers and he has a relatively non aggressive kit overall. If you want to talk more about it feel free to DM me, ide love to talk about it. I hope you stay a fan.

I would agree with this