Active Camo and Infantry Weapons

So we all know what active Camo does: it basically turns the user invisible, blends the, to their surroundings. But he’s my question: Does Active Camoflage also affect the weapons the user carries?

I ask this because, while the (later: 3, Reach, 4, 5) games (game mechanics AREN’T something to accurately judge upon, especially considering the game mechanics and even cutscenes and cinematics being greatly dependent on artistic license coughFall of Reach Animated series MAC showingcoughUnrelenting is a CCScough) and in-game cutscenes show infantry weapons as invisible, such as the Spartan Ops cutscene where the Silent Blade appears and Thorne utilising Active Camo, you have the earlier Halo games, Forward unto Dawn, Halo Wars cutscenes and Halo 2 Anniversary Terminals (terminal 2) showing weapons not affected by active Camoflage, energy swords in particular, the Sangheili’s main weapon. You have several inconsistent sources showing two different effects of Active Camoflage.

So, does the active Camoflage of the user’s weapons depending on the individual in question, especially in regards to armour? Does the effects of active Camoflage vary, which active Camoflage technology having multiple variants? Do some variants of Camo only affect the armour while others affect the user and their weapons?

I think the weapons are visible because the system is not able to make a diffrent betwen a weapon or somthing the user touches.So the system covers only the armour because it knows here are the end of the armor what in the hand is doesnt have to care me.
Corrections are welcome

> 2535408730995228;2:
> I think the weapons are visible because the system is not able to make a diffrent betwen a weapon or somthing the user touches.So the system covers only the armour because it knows here are the end of the armor what in the hand is doesnt have to care me.
> Corrections are welcome

So when an Elite turns invisible the UNSC soldiers just see a floating weapon hanging around? So much for stealth.

Something of note however, is that, in the Another a Day at the Beach cinematic, the Elite while Camoflage initially had its plasma grenade invisible but when he activated it the Camoflage had temporarily weakened.

Don t forget if you turn off the sword its invisible too .To the grenade maybe a signal that says the system to make the grenade invisible.Also possible if held a thing in you hand covered by the fingers it could also be invisble.

It could just be there are multiple variants of active camo in use. In Halo 2, they specifically said that the Arbiter’s active camo had a short timer due to it being an older model. So certain models could be more advanced and able to conceal weapons while others cannot.