Active Cammo = Armor Lock ver 2.0

So.

The exploited/OP AA of Halo 4 is AC. Just like I said it would be over a year ago.

AC needs to be ‘ordinance only’ or map spawned NOT A LOADOUT or AA.

Agree. I think it’s easy enough to find these people, and to kill them, but that still doesn’t change how it affects the game. It still causes extremely bad camping, and messes with the game flow terribly.

Yep… I agree… it really sucks. Every single Big Team or Domination-Match is being destroyed by active camo. Camo-Snipers everywhere… that sucks really. That´s absolute imba and sucks.

Exploited?

I don’t know, but personally, I never get killed by Camo-Snipers/Dmr’s, and I can easily tell when they try to sneak up.

I mean, when the heck does it happen that around 10 Ordnance drops suddenly surround you?

AC is ‘anti’ Halo 4 in it’s current form. That’s all I’m saying. (besides what I already said ^^ lol)

I think the OP has probably found a few invis snipers in his time online, hense the rage.

I use camo myself and i feel it is balanced enough that it is not overpowered and i hardly think it’s overused at all. Plenty of people use jetpack, HLS, and Promethian vision. The time it takes you to slip into camo in a couple seconds which means you won’t be able to hide if you get rushed, there is a clear distortion around objects you hang around whilst invis which is how i usually find players using it. And you can’t use it for long periods of time.

If you really want to talk about what AA is the new Armour lock look to further than the Hard Light Shield.

It is balanced, but that doesn’t change the fact that like armour lock when a player goes 1-shot they’ll pull it out and hide behind it hoping for back up whilst you spam your shots into it.

It can take anytype of explosive ordinance and still keep the user alive, much worse than AC which once you run, take 1 shot or get shot once, your invisiblity is broken.

> It is balanced
>
> SNIP

It disrupts game flow and promotes heavy camping, I hardly see how it is “balanced”. Even if it is balanced for general gameplay (meaning one grenade pops you out, you can be killed, etc) it still makes the game play an entirely different way, more camping-friendly. It needs to either be removed, or be turned into an ordnance drop.

Edit: And yes, I realize you were referring to AL / HLS when you were saying “it is balanced”, quoted for the general theme of your post.

Edit #2: Also, remember that even if you are easy to see, you can ALWAYS get the drop on someone, and it’s Halo, so follow the “who shot who first” rule to see who is going to win in that scenario, a scenario that AC users are constantly in.

I live on Big Team battle and Dominion and don’t have a problem with people who have active camo. Yeah, I get killed by them every now and then, but nothing to complain about. My only complaint about the game as of now is how easy it is to get a power weapon. Seems like every time I walk into a room someone is defending it with a rocket launcher or shot gun. When I play dominion, I swear half of the players in game is running around with a spartan laser or rocket launcher. Makes it hard to do anything by vehicle or foot.

There is nothing wrong with active camo and it is not comparable to armor lock.

Active camo has more downside than benefits so what are you getting at?

• The enemy radar begins to pick up multiple readings of movement which alerts you of their presence
  • It is most effective when you crotch and even then, you are still somewhat visible to a keen eye.
  • Whenever you try to move at regular speed, you appear as a red dot in the middle of the blue dots on the radar which gives you away.

I’m not seeing the problem here. Be observant of your surroundings and you will have better luck.

OUH you think this downsides, make it bether… okay… if a camo-snipe-camper is on a rock on ragnarok… far away of your radar you don´t see any dots…

I’m a camo user, and I found it was working great for the first week or so. But players have caught on, I’m getting burned now (justifiably) by players who are anticipating it or using promethean vision. It’s pretty impressive. Gameplay seems to be balancing itself.

> OUH you think this downsides, make it bether… okay… if a camo-snipe-camper is on a rock on ragnarok… far away of your radar you don´t see any dots…

What would you do if you could see him? Shoot him 5 times with your DMR while he shoots you once in the head? How is one able to tell when they are killed by an active camo sniper? Chances are: you will be killed before you realize you are being targeted. Whether they are in camo or not , it does not change the outcome at long distances.

No I would snipe him, with my own snipe.

If you’ve played halo online for any long period AC is move visible than a normal player walking around and HLS is easy to fix throw a grenade or shoot the feet.

> - The enemy radar begins to pick up multiple readings of movement which alerts you of their presence

Which is uber helpful, except when it doesn’t work.

This was in Reach too. Why didn’t you complain then?

> No I would snipe him, with my own snipe.

If you had a sniper then you wouldn’t have a problem to begin with. The best way to handle a nested sniper is sneak up on them. After you are killed the first time, you should know where the are by then.

> This was in Reach too. Why didn’t you complain then?

I did. 343 doesn’t listen.

It was also an camper-style in reach to, but you coulnd´t order a new snipe. In Reach there was no Invis-Loadout in every playlist so it didn´t suck so much at all.
But now, they removed Invasion, they removed that you fall out of scope, if you get a shot and unfortunatly there are loadouts with more ammo or stability… perfext for snipe-campers… and now you can get a new snipe with a drop… nice 343 you really think about, what you´re did…

But hell yeah… people, who use active-camo are absolut happy with it… of course… campers argue with normal players? SURPRISE!

> > No I would snipe him, with my own snipe.
>
> If you had a sniper then you wouldn’t have a problem to begin with. The best way to handle a nested sniper is sneak up on them. After you are killed the first time, you should know where the are by then.

xD sure… an invis sniper kills me… I respawn but… where is my snipe now? ouh yeah… it´s gone after 10 seconds and the invis sniper moved his position maybe just 10 feet, but while you´re searching, you get killed by him again… and the story goes on…