Action Sack Lands Next Week!

Good things come to those who wait. Thanks for bringing back the Sack!

Remember to rock the SACK service tag next week!

Until the official feedback thread is up and running, post your ideas for new Action Sack gametypes here.

Official: Team Action Sack Feedback

“This is a time to rejoice… The Great Journey is nigh and nothing, not even the Flood, can stop it.”

— The Prophet of Sack[/li]

> Week of 3.11:
>
> Bravo here with the Matchmaking update! On Monday, Spartan Ops continues with an encore presentation of episode 7. In War Games, we’ll be premiering the Team Action Sack playlist. This 4 vs. 4 playlist is guaranteed to bring explosions, laughs and just the right amount of chaos with non-traditional starting weapons and pre-set game loadouts. We have been building a number of these game types over the past few months and will be adding new variants on a regular basis. While we haven’t locked down what the playlist will launch with, here are some of the game modes you can expect in the near future:
>
> Binary Slayer
> As IGN showed off in December, Binary Slayer features decreased gravity, increased speed, sniping and lots and lots of thrusting [bs angel note: You had me at thrusting.]. Check out the link above to learn how to build this game type through custom game options and play with your friends before the playlist goes live next week.
>
> Lightning CTF
> Your starting weapon is the LightRifle and one shot – anywhere – kills. With a 5-second respawn, touch Flag return and no motion sensor, Lightning CTF brings an entirely new Capture the Flag experience to Action Sack and Halo 4. Also, the Flag carrier keeps the LightRifle out when running the Flag!
>
> Rockets & Rails
> This new game mode features 3 things: Rocket Launchers, Railguns and Jet Packs. Oh, and it also has lots of explosions.
>
> Team Fiesta
> Everyone loves parties – especially big parties with lots of random weapons. Fiesta is back, so you can now kill and be killed by the entire Halo 4 sandbox in one single game.
>
> We’re currently building many more Action Sack game modes, some of which will launch with the playlist on Monday, and others that will be introduced in upcoming weeks. Be on the lookout for the final Matchmaking update on Monday, which will detail all of the playlist’s modes and maps.
>
> We know many of you have been excitedly awaiting this playlist, and we look forward to not only hearing your feedback, but also your suggestions for crazy and new Action Sack-ish game types. Head to the War Games feedback section and let us know what you think next week.
>
> We are also in the process of finalizing our FFA playlist, which will feature both Infinity Rumble and Rumble Pro on a wide variety of maps, including specifically tuned on-disc and Majestic DLC map variants. We’ll post additional details closer to the playlist’s launch.
>
> If there’s no Matchmaking Update next week, it’s because I’m at home playing Action Sack. But seriously, I’m going to be at home playing Action Sack.

Source: The Halo Bulletin: 3.6.13

And now I can stop being upset over the lack of playlist variety, well played 343.

Bricks have been -Yoink-. Team fiesta <3

> And now I can stop being upset over the lack of playlist variety, well played 343.

Now we have to wait for the it’s not the same threads.

no csr…yawn

> no csr…yawn

I’m definitely going to be a waypoint CSR 50 in action sack

> Bricks have been Yoink!. Team fiesta <3

I have missed Team Fiesta so much. I cannot wait to see how this works in Halo 4!

I’m really excited for this. We finally get a CTF mode where we can get rid of all that bloom nonsense.

> > Bricks have been Yoink!. Team fiesta <3
>
> I have missed Team Fiesta so much. I cannot wait to see how this works in Halo 4!

I am somewhat worried about it. The fun part about Team Fiesta in older Halo games was beating people who had better weapons than you. Halo 4 has so many power weapons that it may take away from it.

Either way I am sure it will be great fun

I feel kinda bad. I look at this and immediately think about what gametypes I want based on weapon commendations… At least Action Sack is coming back

Wasnt team fiesta already in matchmaking? wasnt it called infinity slayer?

All the effort to max out ordances made easy for everyone else. Why did I do things the hard way?

> > > Bricks have been Yoink!. Team fiesta <3
> >
> > I have missed Team Fiesta so much. I cannot wait to see how this works in Halo 4!
>
> I am somewhat worried about it. The fun part about Team Fiesta in older Halo games was beating people who had better weapons than you. Halo 4 has so many power weapons that it may take away from it.
>
> Either way I am sure it will be great fun

Eh, I think that might even things out some though. I mean, I know I’m not the only one that went games in AS in prior installments where it felt like everyone else spawned with rocks or snipes while I kept getting magnums and plasma pistols. Or sometimes even a plasma rifle or spiker, woo! At least with the abundance of power weapons it’ll be more chaotic which usually is more fun. At least in my experience.

Binary Slayer! YESS.

> Eh, I think that might even things out some though. I mean, I know I’m not the only one that went games in AS in prior installments where it felt like everyone else spawned with rocks or snipes while I kept getting magnums and plasma pistols. Or sometimes even a plasma rifle! At least with the abundance of power weapons it’ll be more chaotic which usually is more fun. At least in my experience.

Yes I believe it will. I kinda enjoyed spawning with a pistol and a plasma rifle… I’d embarrass the other player (usually a sibling or friend) and take their power weapon. We would always split screen with random weapons so basically Team Fiesta before the playlist came out (to my memory). Always great fun!

Action sack is going tobe fun. I just played a team fiesta slayer gametype in customs games a few days ago. I hope the matchmaking version is as good even though it won’t have the same map and game settings for it…Or maybe it will:D

I hope Splasers are pickups in rocket&rils I get little kills with it.

Just awesome, I look forward to this.

I’m NOT looking forward to the Rocket/Railgun one. I am terrible with the railgun. :frowning:

I’m definitely going to capitalize on the Railgun kills so I can reach Breach Stance! Railgun is currently the lowest Commendation I have filled for the UNSC Ordnance Mastery (I even have more Lasers!).

Rockets and rails?

It should be Lasers -Yoink!-, Railgun is too easy to use

But I guess I can work on all my other weapon commendations through Team Fiesta, Im probably going to be suiciding on purpose to spawn with my gun of choice though ;D