Action Figures/Collectibles

So I just got the new Mattel 6’’ Master Chief action figure. I like the Mattel figures more than the McFarlane ones. I liked the McFarlane Halo figures up until the Halo 5 line. Now that McFarlane doesnt make Halo figures anymore and Mattel took over I like their figures better. The only problem I have with Chief is that his aa(-Yoink- armor) likes to pop off a lot, but nothing like a little bit of super glue or mounting putty cant fix. I wanna know ur opinions. Do any of u collect Halo action figures and if u do who do u like more McFarlane or Mattel?

I don’t have any of the Mattel figures yet unfortunately but the one thing I didn’t like about the McFarlane figures was the lack of poseability and sometimes the weapon holding.

From what I’ve researched Mattel are a less visual quality but a lot more functional, you can also take off the armour to make custom figures as well which is nice.

Personally no. But some do look cool!

> 2533274904245048;2:
> I don’t have any of the Mattel figures yet unfortunately but the one thing I didn’t like about the McFarlane figures was the lack of poseability and sometimes the weapon holding.
>
> From what I’ve researched Mattel are a less visual quality but a lot more functional, you can also take off the armour to make custom figures as well which is nice.

that was my problem with McFarlane too, especially the H5 line. McFarlanes Locke figure is the worst when it comes to articulation and weapon holding. Im 100% on Team Mattel. besides Mattels figures are around the $20 price range except the Elite Officer with Ghost which is around the $30 price range, but McFarlanes get expensive sometimes with all figures. Im trying to get all Mattel Halo figures, Locke is my next one on my list, then Linda, and the others ill get in random order

> 2535416070030373;3:
> Personally no. But some do look cool!

u should start bud. if u love Halo and Halo merch then this is one of the ways to go

> 2533274904245048;2:
> I don’t have any of the Mattel figures yet unfortunately but the one thing I didn’t like about the McFarlane figures was the lack of poseability and sometimes the weapon holding.
>
> From what I’ve researched Mattel are a less visual quality but a lot more functional, you can also take off the armour to make custom figures as well which is nice.

also when it comes to Mattels figures looking like the way they do, first thing Joyrides figures were the same way. my first halo figure was a Joyride H2 blue MP spartan w/shotgun and brute shot and they were good and in my opinion Mattels figures look better in person. Like I said before the only problem I have with the removeable armor gimmick with mattel is the -Yoink- armor, it doesnt stay on as snug as the other pieces, but when it comes to that kind of problem ill just either super glue it on or use mounting putty on it…problem solved

I was a fan of the old Joyride Studios figures. They had great details on the figures and weapons.
The McFarlane figures never impressed me much.

The problem of the McFarlanes is the lack of movment,the weapon holding,the ability to stand and the price.
The availabilty is also problem,but that count for all Halo stuff in General.

> 2533274888733059;5:
> > 2535416070030373;3:
> > Personally no. But some do look cool!
>
>
> u should start bud. if u love Halo and Halo merch then this is one of the ways to go

I’ve been looking out for them but being in the UK makes it difficult, but from what I’ve seen they are good figures.

I never got the McFarlane MC figures except for like 3 of them and the one 12 inch figure but all the others that I got his legs would just pop out and no one wants a legless Chief. Am I right Marines!?

> 2533274904245048;2:
> I don’t have any of the Mattel figures yet unfortunately but the one thing I didn’t like about the McFarlane figures was the lack of poseability and sometimes the weapon holding.

Yes. I have the McFarlane unhelmeted Locke because it was $3.00 at GameStop, and noticed that I cannot move the joints very well. The leg also fell off right away, but they were able to be put on right back away.

It makes sense that Mattel would offer a better product when it comes to the Halo line. After all, they have plenty of expertise when it comes to making toys, particularly Hot Wheels and Barbie.

> 2535445771540467;11:
> > 2533274904245048;2:
> > I don’t have any of the Mattel figures yet unfortunately but the one thing I didn’t like about the McFarlane figures was the lack of poseability and sometimes the weapon holding.
>
>
> Yes. I have the McFarlane unhelmeted Locke because it was $3.00 at GameStop, and noticed that I cannot move the joints very well. The leg also fell off right away, but they were able to be put on right back away.

I own a Halo 4 Red Warrior Spartan which at the moment moves fine because of the small armour it has but I cant stand it up because one of the armoured feet has almost fallen off.

There great as small decorative items but there not suited to be action figures to be honest, they break to easy which is a shame considering the visual quality on some of the figures.

> 2533274863544170;10:
> I never got the McFarlane MC figures except for like 3 of them and the one 12 inch figure but all the others that I got his legs would just pop out and no one wants a legless Chief. Am I right Marines!?

SIR, YES SIR!

> 2533274904245048;13:
> > 2535445771540467;11:
> > > 2533274904245048;2:
> > > I don’t have any of the Mattel figures yet unfortunately but the one thing I didn’t like about the McFarlane figures was the lack of poseability and sometimes the weapon holding.
> >
> >
> > Yes. I have the McFarlane unhelmeted Locke because it was $3.00 at GameStop, and noticed that I cannot move the joints very well. The leg also fell off right away, but they were able to be put on right back away.
>
>
> I own a Halo 4 Red Warrior Spartan which at the moment moves fine because of the small armour it has but I cant stand it up because one of the armoured feet has almost fallen off.
>
> There great as small decorative items but there not suited to be action figures to be honest, they break to easy which is a shame considering the visual quality on some of the figures.

Yes. They look good, but they do break very easily.

I’m a HUGE Halo Collector. The crown jewels of my collection are my life size Halo statues. I have Kat, Emile, Carter, and Jorge from Halo Reach as well as three Master Chief statues (one isn’t pictured). The Halo McFarlane figures were fun to collect but I prefer the quality of the Mattel figures. While we’re talking about it, the old school Halo CE and Halo 2 Joyride figures are my all time favorite. I wish they would have continued making those

I have the McFarlane figures of Master Chief and Kelly-087 on my desk at work. I think they look great tbh. I’m glad I bought them.

I just wish McFarlane would make a Linda-058 figure so I could get her and Fred and have all of Blue Team.

> 2533274973979999;17:
> I have the McFarlane figures of Master Chief and Kelly-087 on my desk at work. I think they look great tbh. I’m glad I bought them.
>
> I just wish McFarlane would make a Linda-058 figure so I could get her and Fred and have all of Blue Team.

well i hope we can get all members of blue team and osiris from mattel as well as the arbiter with his prophets bane. id also like to see mattel make more prometheans including warden

> 2533274888733059;18:
> > 2533274973979999;17:
> > I have the McFarlane figures of Master Chief and Kelly-087 on my desk at work. I think they look great tbh. I’m glad I bought them.
> >
> > I just wish McFarlane would make a Linda-058 figure so I could get her and Fred and have all of Blue Team.
>
>
> well i hope we can get all members of blue team and osiris from mattel as well as the arbiter with his prophets bane. id also like to see mattel make more prometheans including warden

I’d probably skip the Prometheans tbh. But an Arbiter figure would be awesome

I’ll be honest, I’m a sucker for the McFarlane figures. I have a small army hidden away in my drawers and a few figures on display. I do agree that the McFarlane figures from Halo 4 onwards were quite terrible, but that didn’t stop me from picking up 2 Chiefs (I have one disassembled and am planning on giving it a paint custom job) and an Orange Scout that came with an armour code (Scout Toxic, i believe was the skin it came with). Mattel’s halo figures seem sturdy and look alright imo, but I’ll miss the detail the McFarlane figs had.