Achilles through REQS

I’ve seen many people online complaining about how difficult Achilles is to get, and that 343i should just add it in through REQS. Personally I hate the idea of this, it’s meant to be a rare set for players to work hard to achieve. What do you guys think?

Keep it rare!

> 2535409629596195;1:
> I’ve seen many people online complaining about how difficult Achilles is to get, and that 343i should just add it in through REQS. Personally I hate the idea of this, it’s meant to be a rare set for players to work hard to achieve. What do you guys think?

Two sided sword here…this armor piece set in motion a vicious cycle of player behavior, particular Spartan Companies. I think it should stay the same, but must be earned on an individual effort, not communal.

Here we go…light the fuse…

Honestly it’s a little hypocritical to make the Helioskrill available in a slightly different permutation and then have them justify keeping Achilles rare. Just make a one with a different paint scheme if anything idk. I don’t really do clans anywhoosiers so yea I don’t really plan on getting it, but it isn’t my favorite armor either, but like I said 343 already set themselves up to make the armors available to everyone in some way.

> 2533274873873545;4:
> Here we go…light the fuse…

What’s your opinion?

> 2533274873873545;4:
> Here we go…light the fuse…

You forgot to run away…

> 2535461287427665;3:
> > 2535409629596195;1:
> > I’ve seen many people online complaining about how difficult Achilles is to get, and that 343i should just add it in through REQS. Personally I hate the idea of this, it’s meant to be a rare set for players to work hard to achieve. What do you guys think?
>
>
> Two sided sword here…this armor piece set in motion a vicious cycle of player behavior, particular Spartan Companies. I think it should stay the same, but must be earned on an individual level effort, not communal.

That isn’t a bad idea. I hate the idea of clans because most times people take it way too seriously.

I wouldn’t even put it on considering how most people react it to, people let hell blaze on Achilles wearer like they would let hell lose on a cod player who’s saying cod is better whirl playing halo, that helmet is a bad omen, one reason I don’t really want to a join a company is due to most just want the helmet, all I want is a warzone focused company who will allow me to join without a mic!

> 2535408651840811;9:
> I wouldn’t even put it on considering how most people react it to, people let hell blaze on Achilles wearer like they would let hell lose on a cod player who’s saying cod is better whirl playing halo, that helmet is a bad omen, one reason I don’t really want to a join a company is due to most just want the helmet, all I want is a company who will allow me to join without a mic!

Know any good jokes? If so you could try the one I joined when there is a spot.

> 2535409629596195;1:
> I’ve seen many people online complaining about how difficult Achilles is to get, and that 343i should just add it in through REQS. Personally I hate the idea of this, it’s meant to be a rare set for players to work hard to achieve. What do you guys think?

I think it would be a nice gesture for the people whose actions ruined the armor’s rep, but personally I don’t care one way or the other.

> 2535409629596195;6:
> > 2533274873873545;4:
> > Here we go…light the fuse…
>
>
> What’s your opinion?

I’m working towards mine…but I wouldn’t be surprised if they cave in within a year or so and make a variant through the REQ system

The idea of Spartan Companies wasn’t a terrible idea on 343’s part, and to an extent I don’t think Achilles was a bad idea either. IMO what ruined the armor for most people was the amount of SC’s that were created shortly after the armor was announced for the sole purpose of farming it as quick as possible. And before you know it the forums were flooded with farming topics left and right.

A company working towards a common goal was a good idea I think. What ensued was not. I’ll sport the full armor set once we get the helmet done (personally I love how it looks, my opinion of course). I think Achilles should be one of the few armor sets that doesn’t have a REQ variant just because of the firestorm that has surrounded it since it was announced, and still exists today. If they want to do something else with it for H6 assuming it’s in the game, then that’s the place to do it. For now leave it as is.

After all the grinding I did in SWAT for headshots despite hating SWAT, I’d be pretty annoyed if they took away the difficulty of obtaining it. I was annoyed that I had to become a part of a clan to get Achilles, but I met some pretty cool people in the process.

As far as the companies farming, I frankly never understood why that was a problem. For us, despite focusing on headshots from the start it was the last commendation we completed. SWAT was a lot more efficient to get headshots fast than span trapping in warzone could ever be.

I would enjoy the explosion of threads on the forum. SO much salt would be had . . . .

> 2535405486667568;14:
> I would enjoy the explosion of threads on the forum. SO much salt would be had . . . .

It’d be good for a minimum of 80 started topics

> 2533274873873545;11:
> > 2535409629596195;6:
> > > 2533274873873545;4:
> > > Here we go…light the fuse…
> >
> >
> > What’s your opinion?
>
>
> I’m working towards mine…but I wouldn’t be surprised if they cave in within a year or so and make a variant through the REQ system

Thats what scares me XD

Given what happened with helioskrill Achilles should with out a doubt stay rare and hard to get like it is. There needs to be at least one set of armor that actually requires you to achieve something.

Nah, i say keep it rare.
Altough i won’t ever get the helmet in this case,
it would be yet another slap to the face after that helioskrill thing.

> 2533274796863799;13:
> After all the grinding I did in SWAT for headshots despite hating SWAT, I’d be pretty annoyed if they took away the difficulty of obtaining it. I was annoyed that I had to become a part of a clan to get Achilles, but I met some pretty cool people in the process.
>
> As far as the companies farming, I frankly never understood why that was a problem. For us, despite focusing on headshots from the start it was the last commendation we completed. SWAT was a lot more efficient to get headshots fast than span trapping in warzone could ever be.

Right there with you.

Met some cool people in the process for sure.

We didn’t farm. Instead we found the game types that benefited specific commendations. And for the most part the Company followed the focus plans. When that happened the commendations started flying off the board. That said, while playing I have been a victim of company farming and it’s freaking annoying. So I suppose I can see where some of the animosity comes from.

I haven’t seen much “hate” come my way yet in-game but I am sure it is out there and it’s only a matter of time. As most do, I sort of blame the “we want Achilles” companies for creating that environment. Either way, worked hard for this set so I’m gonna wear it. :slight_smile:

Still won’t fix farming. Hell, most farmers I see are full Achilles anyways, so all it would do is hurt those who tried to get it legitimately.