Achilles: Skill, Time, or Both?

So as far as I know, there are Achilles armor is the only armor that can be earned by commendations. I notice a lot of people with a high rank have it like SR 120+. Here on the forums a lot of people tell me that SR just proves how long you’ve played and not the amount of skill you have. So do you get the Achilles armor out of skill? Or just time. Or maybe a combination of both?

I purposely didn’t make this a poll because I wanted there to be good discussion about it. And also I’m completely unbiased about this just curious so no one can get mad at me! HAHA!

No skill involved. Just 100 people grinding. I just joined companies close to getting it, really. Took about a month total (for the end of the final grind), and I was about SR95.

> 2533274803952478;2:
> No skill involved. Just 100 people grinding. I just joined companies close to getting it, really. Took about a month total (for the end of the final grind), and I was about SR95.

Ok. Just a month though?

> 2535445555605570;3:
> > 2533274803952478;2:
> > No skill involved. Just 100 people grinding. I just joined companies close to getting it, really. Took about a month total (for the end of the final grind), and I was about SR95.
>
> Ok. Just a month though?

I joined a company that was around 90% complete, and they were going pretty hard the final month. That was sometime back in July I think.

I’ve just obtained the Helmet a few weeks ago with a WNA Spartan Company, and I had the armor many months ago in a separate Company. In my experience, getting the Achilles set takes more time than skill. You need the majority of your Spartan Company to be pulling weight by playing the game if you want to move up with the commendations. My company was pretty easy on the amount of playtime each week required, so we went a month where we barely made any progress. I would say skillful players in your Spartan Company generally get more progress done in the same time as lesser skilled players, but playtime is key.

Unless you started with one of those few elite companies, most people jumped and hopped to different companies to get the armor. My 6-7 man spartan company will never play enough to get the armor ourselves.

> 2533274803952478;4:
> > 2535445555605570;3:
> > > 2533274803952478;2:
> > > No skill involved. Just 100 people grinding. I just joined companies close to getting it, really. Took about a month total (for the end of the final grind), and I was about SR95.
> >
> > Ok. Just a month though?
>
> I joined a company that was around 90% complete, and they were going pretty hard the final month. That was sometime back in July I think.

Ok.

In our company we were 100-players strong, and the company leader made weekly and monthly posts about hours/progress etc.

Certain commendations take skill absolutely, such as Sniping a driver out of a vehicle. Most of it is simply grinding hours a day at it, but there’s certain feats of game play that are very skillful. Especially having to perform those feats hundreds or thousands of times.

> 2533274827225935;8:
> In our company we were 100-players strong, and the company leader made weekly and monthly posts about hours/progress etc.
>
> Certain commendations take skill absolutely, such as Sniping a driver out of a vehicle. Most of it is simply grinding hours a day at it, but there’s certain feats of game play that are very skillful. Especially having to perform those feats hundreds or thousands of times.

A vehicle sniping commendation? Dang.

time, and allong the way you get the skills, but more time than skill, and a lot of people. 90,000 headshots cant be done by just one person, not even 20.

No skill required what so ever just a lot of grinding

> 2535462450434439;11:
> No skill required what so ever just a lot of grinding

This is what a lot of people are saying ok.

Its mostly about time, but a bit of skill certainly does help a lot. Player count also matters a lot too. 100 players are going to get it much faster then 25, but I guess that kinda ties into time.

It’s a mix of both skill and and time, with the latter especially involving a lot of dedication.

Over the span of 4 months, I managed to complete 5-6% of the kill commendations on my own when I was still the only active member in my company.

Sure it’s not that big of a deal, but for one guy to do that much all alone, that’s a bit of something.

Well it sure does take a lot of time to obtain it. Though you still need skill to some point to obtain said commendation progress to begin with.

For me, becuase I’m mostly a lone wolf, as in i just go in alone, my company leader was fine with me not playing with any of them as long as i was playing regularly and helping contribute medals. he was able to look it up since apparently mostly everyone played together in some capacity and could keep track. he would just look up my own progress from time to time.

so i still had to have a decent amount of skill to contribute, but it was still a time effort

It’s really just time. More people in the company = less time. More skilled players in the company = less time. But ultimately, put enough time into it and anyone can get Achilles, no matter their skill.

> 2533274817408735;16:
> It’s really just time. More people in the company = less time. More skilled players in the company = less time. But ultimately, put enough time into it and anyone can get Achilles, no matter their skill.

Ok.

I don’t have any pieces of the armor yet, but from what I can tell about my company’s current progress, it’s time with a touch of skill. Some commendations are going to require skillful players, as it’s just challenging, while others just take lots of time. I guess with enough time and luck you’ll accomplish the armor, but it’s much less time consuming if you have the skill to go with the time.

> 2533274889780888;18:
> I don’t have any pieces of the armor yet, but from what I can tell about my company’s current progress, it’s time with a touch of skill. Some commendations are going to require skillful players, as it’s just challenging, while others just take lots of time. I guess with enough time and luck you’ll accomplish the armor, but it’s much less time consuming if you have the skill to go with the time.

So it requires lots of patience!

> 2535445555605570;9:
> > 2533274827225935;8:
> > In our company we were 100-players strong, and the company leader made weekly and monthly posts about hours/progress etc.
> >
> > Certain commendations take skill absolutely, such as Sniping a driver out of a vehicle. Most of it is simply grinding hours a day at it, but there’s certain feats of game play that are very skillful. Especially having to perform those feats hundreds or thousands of times.
>
> A vehicle sniping commendation? Dang.

Yup! I suck with snipes, so I focused on grinding other things like nadeshot, noob combo, etc. Although i did snipe I driver once by freak accident. He drove in my LOS, and ate a bullet lol.