Achilles armor dificulty

is their any way 343 can make it so a individual spartan can earn Achilles armor and helmet on their own? can they make one? how about a special armor that is akin to Achilles? but not where a whole spartan company has to grind for it?

Don’t expect anything new to be added to Halo 5 along the lines of armors. 343i said awhile ago that future support for Halo 5 will only include things like weapon tunings, matchmaking adjustments, etc.

Achilles was put out as an armor set achievable through Spartan Co. Since Spartan Co. require at least 4 members to be active, there is no way to get Achilles “on your own”, absent a Spartan Co. So your only recourse is to get it the same way everyone else has to: join a Co., complete level 3 Kill Commendations for the body, and complete level 5 Kill Commendations for the helmet.

Personally, while I’m not a huge fan of exclusivity, I think Achilles should remain as is. It’s totally accessible to all players who are willing to put in the work to get it; it doesn’t require spending extra money on the game, a different game, or 3rd party things like some other items. It’s just difficult to get, and that’s fine; it gives players something to work towards, which is something many players want. I wouldn’t think the world was ending if 343i gave it out to everyone, but I doubt they will and don’t think they should.

> 2535416423363295;1:
> is their any way 343 can make it so a individual spartan can earn Achilles armor and helmet on their own? can they make one? how about a special armor that is akin to Achilles? but not where a whole spartan company has to grind for it?

Sorry but 343 wont change a thing.

There are still plenty of companies looking to unlock the helmet and armor. Many are close too. Why not send in an application if you’re dedicated enough to work for it?

If you want to get it on your own, I guess your could make 3 alt accounts, have them join your spartan company and then grind by yourself for it. I don’t recommend this because this will take you over a year or two to do.

Luke TheNotable did a video, How to Get The Achilles Armor Alone (Halo 5 Guardians) - YouTube
basically he says it’s impossible.to get the entire amount of commendations on your own.
i still think getting 1% will be a challenge since you dont get commendations like “buckle up”, “not so fast” or even "first strike all that often

> 2533274888753908;5:
> If you want to get it on your own, I guess your could make 3 alt accounts, have them join your spartan company and then grind by yourself for it. I don’t recommend this because this will take you over a year or two to do.

I feel that’s an understatement there. Even with a fully-loaded Spartan Company, there have been times where one has taken 1-2 years to get Achilles.

> 2535416423363295;1:
> is their any way 343 can make it so a individual spartan can earn Achilles armor and helmet on their own? can they make one? how about a special armor that is akin to Achilles? but not where a whole spartan company has to grind for it?

Your best bet is to join a spartan company. There are plenty. I assume there will be a H6 version of “Achilles”, I think its been one of the reasons to keep playing. But I really do hope H6 gives the ability to obtain this is a solo or a team, maybe a different reward for each. Too much power is given to the admin of a company and its a shame you here of stories where players get discharged right before unlocking, its a shame. (LTN did a vid on this)

Yeah just join a spartan company. Send a custom request and help them with commendations. Earning the armor with others will feel great.

Getting the armor and helmet are both difficult. I would say the helmet that much more so due the the high numbers for the commendations. I have already gotten the armor for a second time, working on the helmet. Finding enough active people who still play and are willing to join up is definitely the hard part.

Just get Achilles the way I did. Watch the recruiting forums and join a company that is pretty close to the armor or helmet. That is what I did. Some companies will boot their inactive players and recruit active ones. So as long as you are a active player you should be able to find the right company to join. I got the helmet from one company, then they booted me for some reason guessing because I wasn’t an orginal member but who knows. I was going to be happy with just the helmet then saw another company close to the armor so figured why not. They said they were like four months away from it, but because of my grinding they got it in a little over two. They could have had it faster but they didn’t have many active members almost every time I signed in to play only like five or seven players were playing and most the time it was firefight or customs neither of which would help them with commendations. So I just left it because I know they would never acheive the helmet anyways.

> 2535416423363295;1:

That kind of takes the point of the Achilles away.

> 2535465110211776;12:
> > 2535416423363295;1:
> > is their any way 343 can make it so a individual spartan can earn Achilles armor and helmet on their own? can they make one? how about a special armor that is akin to Achilles? but not where a whole spartan company has to grind for it?
>
> That kind of takes the point of the Achilles away.

What kind of takes the point away? i think it is a very valid point to be able to obtain it solo, or something alike it solo

> 2533274826044245;13:
> > 2535465110211776;12:
> > > 2535416423363295;1:
> > > is their any way 343 can make it so a individual spartan can earn Achilles armor and helmet on their own? can they make one? how about a special armor that is akin to Achilles? but not where a whole spartan company has to grind for it?
> >
> > That kind of takes the point of the Achilles away.
>
> What kind of takes the point away? i think it is a very valid point to be able to obtain it solo, or something alike it solo

I think that would be great if their was an armor that was that way But the Achilles is meant for Spartan Company’s.

> 2535465110211776;14:
> > 2533274826044245;13:
> > > 2535465110211776;12:
> > > > 2535416423363295;1:
> > > > is their any way 343 can make it so a individual spartan can earn Achilles armor and helmet on their own? can they make one? how about a special armor that is akin to Achilles? but not where a whole spartan company has to grind for it?
> > >
> > > That kind of takes the point of the Achilles away.
> >
> > What kind of takes the point away? i think it is a very valid point to be able to obtain it solo, or something alike it solo
>
> I think that would be great if their was an armor that was that way But the Achilles is meant for Spartan Company’s.

Correct. I was more referring to H6, which is safe to assume they will have something similiar since it was so popular in H5

> 2533274826044245;15:
> > 2535465110211776;14:
> > > 2533274826044245;13:
> > > > 2535465110211776;12:
> > > > > 2535416423363295;1:
> > > > > is their any way 343 can make it so a individual spartan can earn Achilles armor and helmet on their own? can they make one? how about a special armor that is akin to Achilles? but not where a whole spartan company has to grind for it?
> > > >
> > > > That kind of takes the point of the Achilles away.
> > >
> > > What kind of takes the point away? i think it is a very valid point to be able to obtain it solo, or something alike it solo
> >
> > I think that would be great if their was an armor that was that way But the Achilles is meant for Spartan Company’s.
>
> Correct. I was more referring to H6, which is safe to assume they will have something similiar since it was so popular in H5

Yes that would be great for Halo 6

No go join a spartan company like everyone else. Just because you think you are a special case (and your not) 343 will not touch Achilles requirements

> 2535423926513264;17:
> No go join a spartan company like everyone else. Just because you think you are a special case (and your not) 343 will not touch Achilles requirements

OP does not think that he or she is a special case. They’re simply making a request of 343, which is their right and probably a service to 343, to make Achilles or something similar achievable by a solo player. And I frankly support their idea. I’ve heard stories of company leaders backstabbing members and I’ve personally seen huge influxes of disloyal supporters who bolt as soon as the armor is unlocked. It’s what’s happened to my company.

The Achilles set was designed as an exclusive set with specific requirements, no different than Timmy and Olive. Others have already mentioned ways to obtain it, albeit it’ll be pretty difficult this late stage in the game. Frankly these things are “nice to have” but why let it get in the way of your game enjoyment.

> 2533274944752684;18:
> > 2535423926513264;17:
> > No go join a spartan company like everyone else. Just because you think you are a special case (and your not) 343 will not touch Achilles requirements
>
> OP does not think that he or she is a special case. They’re simply making a request of 343, which is their right and probably a service to 343, to make Achilles or something similar achievable by a solo player. And I frankly support their idea. I’ve heard stories of company leaders backstabbing members and I’ve personally seen huge influxes of disloyal supporters who bolt as soon as the armor is unlocked. It’s what’s happened to my company.

That will happen but I doubt that that’s a widespread issue. My buddy got his legit with his no issues