achievements

So just asking the waypointers that do you think that there should be LASO, speedrunning or secret/easter egg based achievements in the game?

As in that LASO and speedrunning achievements are something that many do for other reasons than achievements. Its just hard to see what these would add to the experience of an un-specialized player.
For surely I have played some levels SLASO before but it was more of a personal challenge rather than something I had to do if I wanted perfect scoreboard.
Same with speedrunning/pacifist runs.

As for the secrets/easter eggs I just think that those should be actual secret stuff or references that you could find instead of reading some achievement description and exploring perhaps excessively because of that.

But just put your thoughts below.

It would be miserable to perfect the game with LASO achievements. Speed running I don’t mind.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> It would be miserable to perfect the game with LASO achievements. Speed running I don’t mind.

I guess, speedrunning really is not that bad as long as the gameplay and level design is fitting for such activity. Though i much prefer the classic gameplay mechanics in speedrunning.

Though the problem with that in a new game is to think that how long time should it take to beat a level for example, fast. Hence why there are “par time” achievements in new releases instead of speedrunning achievements in new games.
The remaster versions had speedrunning stuff because the glitches are rather known and so on.

I personally think that highly difficult achievements such as LASO and Speed running should be in the game. Most of the previous halo achievement lists (exclude MCC) have been extremely easy. I like an achievement list with a mix of easy, medium, hard and super hard achievements.

I don’t want LASO achievements. That’s too hard. LASO runs are not particularly fun. It’s important to have hard, but fun achievements.

As someone who has not completed the achievement list in the Master Chief Collection because of its demanding tasks, I want exactly that. Achievements for doing things you’d do just by playing the game are dumb. Achievements ought to be cool tasks. The Vidmasters, LASO runs, Easter eggs, those sorts of things.

Yes it would be good also par time achievements like the mcc

I hope there will be no returning multiplayer achievements like in reach, halo 3, and halo 4. Everyone knows it’s almost impossible to get all of them without boosting for them.

> 2533274856055747;8:
> I hope there will be no returning multiplayer achievements like in reach, halo 3, and halo 4. Everyone knows it’s almost impossible to get all of them without boosting for them.

It could be fairer towards offline players for sure. For instance i remember “mongoose mowdown” achievement which was pretty much about being lucky enough to find a weakened player.

> 2678033349858034;6:
> As someone who has not completed the achievement list in the Master Chief Collection because of its demanding tasks, I want exactly that. Achievements for doing things you’d do just by playing the game are dumb. Achievements ought to be cool tasks. The Vidmasters, LASO runs, Easter eggs, those sorts of things.

Surely achievements can be tasks but im just thinking if the listed things are the right kind of tasks.
And surely there have been hard achievements before the MCC.
Also, technically you get any achievement by simply playing the game. If the skulls are unlocked from the beginning too then you could also start with the LASO.

> 2533274856055747;8:
> I hope there will be no returning multiplayer achievements like in reach, halo 3, and halo 4. Everyone knows it’s almost impossible to get all of them without boosting for them.

Yes I have to agree there. 2 for 1 with a spartan laser in LW was a bit ridiculous. I would prefer achievements like - Earn 100 killing sprees, Play on every map etc - these are realistic and give you clear goals to work towards.

I’ll like if they add add par time & par score achievements and maybe easter egg based achievements to add more replay to the game.

God forbid they’ll add online multiplayer based achievements. Online MP achievements are the bane of my existence when I achievement hunt.

No thanks for LASO or MP achievements. I just don’t think these would appeal to a large group of players.

Yes for speedrunning and secret achievements. These can be fun for everyone.

I enjoyed getting all the achievements in H5. But if there is a LASO or speedrun achievement then I won’t even attempt it.
So no, I hope there aren’ any LASO or speed achievements in Infinite

> 2535444702990491;12:
> No thanks for LASO or MP achievements. I just don’t think these would appeal to a large group of players.
>
> Yes for speedrunning and secret achievements. These can be fun for everyone.

Since speedruns that are even near the top would be pretty much impossible to predict then would par time achievements be just as fine?

Though in anniversary games those would be more understandable and in CEA for example the “speed reader” gave players more than enough time in my opinion. So maybe speedrunning achievements too as long as the time limits are kept humaine.

> 2533274890014309;14:
> > 2535444702990491;12:
> > No thanks for LASO or MP achievements. I just don’t think these would appeal to a large group of players.
> >
> > Yes for speedrunning and secret achievements. These can be fun for everyone.
>
> Since speedruns that are even near the top would be pretty much impossible to predict then would par time achievements be just as fine?
>
> Though in anniversary games those would be more understandable and in CEA for example the “speed reader” gave players more than enough time in my opinion. So maybe speedrunning achievements too as long as the time limits are kept humaine.

I didn’t mean record speed runs, but the par time ones were too easy. Something in between, I think. Not near impossible but not something that can be done too easily either.

> 2533274912044273;10:
> > 2533274856055747;8:
> > I hope there will be no returning multiplayer achievements like in reach, halo 3, and halo 4. Everyone knows it’s almost impossible to get all of them without boosting for them.
>
> Yes I have to agree there. 2 for 1 with a spartan laser in LW was a bit ridiculous. I would prefer achievements like - Earn 100 killing sprees, Play on every map etc - these are realistic and give you clear goals to work towards.

I 100% agree if we do get multiplayer achievements I hope they are actually doable ones like you mentioned, or things like play 10 ctf matches, 10 slayer, etc. Things you would get just by playing the game.

> 2535444702990491;15:
> > 2533274890014309;14:
> > > 2535444702990491;12:
> > > No thanks for LASO or MP achievements. I just don’t think these would appeal to a large group of players.
> > >
> > > Yes for speedrunning and secret achievements. These can be fun for everyone.
> >
> > Since speedruns that are even near the top would be pretty much impossible to predict then would par time achievements be just as fine?
> >
> > Though in anniversary games those would be more understandable and in CEA for example the “speed reader” gave players more than enough time in my opinion. So maybe speedrunning achievements too as long as the time limits are kept humaine.
>
> I didn’t mean record speed runs, but the par time ones were too easy. Something in between, I think. Not near impossible but not something that can be done too easily either.

And it comes again down to the unpredictability of exploits in a new game. When new glitches are found that allow for some skips or despawns the par time achievements become really easy but devs really cant count into players finding any from the games levels and thats why there are par time achievements in new games instead of speedrun achievements.

Though if its some sort of remaster edition like CEA where exploits can be predicted then speedrun achievements would become more understandable.

Laso achievements sounds pretty cool again, gathering the halo ninjas and calling it now that theres some concerning the flood.

> 2533274856055747;16:
> > 2533274912044273;10:
> > > 2533274856055747;8:
> > > I hope there will be no returning multiplayer achievements like in reach, halo 3, and halo 4. Everyone knows it’s almost impossible to get all of them without boosting for them.
> >
> > Yes I have to agree there. 2 for 1 with a spartan laser in LW was a bit ridiculous. I would prefer achievements like - Earn 100 killing sprees, Play on every map etc - these are realistic and give you clear goals to work towards.
>
> I 100% agree if we do get multiplayer achievements I hope they are actually doable ones like you mentioned, or things like play 10 ctf matches, 10 slayer, etc. Things you would get just by playing the game.

Stuff like killing x amount of players/enemies or completing x amount of games/missions would be cool too, just not overly grindy like 20,000 kills or 1,000 games won.

I really hope LASO achievements don’t return. Legendary itself is a pain, but LASO for one achievement would probably result in a lot of broken controllers.

I would say no laso achievement, but doing laso does earn you something!

Laso, even if you know what your doing is a pain. I’ve done laso og2 3 4 reach, and cea, mainly for fun. But with them as chivos they were more a pain. At least 3 4 and odst were manageable on mcc. 1 and 2were just messed up :stuck_out_tongue: